“Huge portions”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This restaurant serves great steaks with huge portions. Very family friendly and has a variety of choices.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We went in after seeing the really good looking spit roast pig outside. Being carnivores we ordered one of the meat platters and one of the seafood platters - plus a couple of individual dishes. While the individual dishes were OK, the platters were not well presented (just being a tray of meat/fish which was indistinguishable in the dim lighting) and with the exception of the pork loin, crackling and ribs was unexceptional with much of it being overcooked and dry.

So, stick to the individual dishes, and the spit roast pork/spare ribs.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

What a nice place, great fresh lobster!! We got two of them on BBQ and they was so nice!! Very nice tasty!! Staff friendly!! Good price for the lobster!!

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

We like a nice piece of steak when in Thailand - Aussie steak is generally available here but not something we see too much of in the UK.
The menu here promised a lot.
They hadn't got the t-bones in stock though. In fact no 350gm cuts of any steak. The very pleasant blond apologised very pleasantly and asked us to come back the next day when they would have fresh supplies.
So, we did .... still no large t-bone but she promised a very nice rib eye as an alternative. Ok then .... But I didn't want the corn, potatoes, lettuce etc but I'd like it to come with 2,fried eggs and chips please! I realise that's sacrilege to some, but it's the way I like it! My wife ordered a curry. I wasn't asked how I like it cooked, but called her back and asked for 'medium.'
The food arrived. With corn, potatoes and lettuce ..... but no eggs or chips. I called a waiter who said a few minutes. So my steak was sat nearly 10 minutes waiting for some chips and regrettably two broken fried eggs barely cooked. Clearly my order was poorly communicated and the chips and eggs hastily prepared. To make matters worse, when I did eventually cut into my steak it was pretty much rare - not even close to medium. I soldiered on though - it all seemed so much trouble, even though the young lady was polite and helpful throughout .... although it seemed that her instructions to her staff, if given, were misunderstood again and again.
After a pretty poor steak meal and an average curry for my wife, the young lady pretty much pleaded for us to try again.
And rather stupidly perhaps, we did. We felt any restaurant can have a bad service occasionally.
A couple of days later we walked up the stairs and explained to a waiter what we were hoping for - a large t-bone with fried eggs and chips. I was explaining that our previous visit had been underwhelming when suddenly an elderly couple who I presume were the owners or managers came over to ask what our problem was. I explained I was returning hopefully to have a more enjoyable meal .... and he quite aggressively said I was in the wrong establishment as they don't 'make' fried eggs. He ranted they would not do that or serve food like that. Amazing - in total denial and clearly blocks out any criticism as the customer being wrong. Well luckily I had taken a picture of my meal steak, eggs et al (sad but true!) and showed it him. 'Never again' he said - 'go somewhere else and get your steak and egg. There are many poor restaurants that will cook for you!'
Ha! What a fool. So rude we couldn't believe it .....and neither, I suspect, could the few customers sat nearby.
Yes he's right - there are many poor restaurants in Chaweng .... this is one of them!!!
Separately, the ventilation here is abysmal. If they ever make any profit they should invest some of it in installing both better powered and better placed fans.
Profit might be more likely if the two pompous owners or whoever they are stayed at home and let the young lady and her staff try and manage it themselves.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Ate here on our 1st night in Samui after visiting 2 years ago and what a disappointment. We ordered the seafood platter for 2, over an hour later it arrived, soggy fish, overly warm oysters, overcooked and burned squid and potatoes at least were disgusting. The Thai Waiters were the only positive to this visit but not long after our arrival it seemed that the owner/manager and his wife arrived and completely confused the whole service. It was the most expensive meal on the island as well as the most disappointing. Don't be fouled by the interesting array of seafood on display!