Samui Island Beach Resort and Hotel
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$115
Amari.com
US$116
  • Beachfront
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$66
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$153
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$126
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$168
  • Breakfast included
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$126
OZOHotels.com
Samui Resotel Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$65
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$143
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
Cancelon
All reviewsfresh towels every daythoroughly enjoyed my stayquiet hotelan upgradedeluxe bungalowmini barstayed here for nightsthailandbeachtlcbathtub
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Can't go wrong if you wana be a little far from the madness and enjoy the sea views and beaches. Rooms were OK, the shower was rubbish as you have to sit but the staff do try and help if they can. A deal can always be struck p.s the Wi-Fi isn't the best

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2016

we have been couple of times in koh samui. we wanted to say this has been an amaizing hotel for the price budget we had. right on the front line of the beach, quite place , clean, nice staff (especially shan in the restaurent - was very freindly) you can book here everything including motor bike and kayak. very much recomended.

Room Tip: when arriving ask for the front ocean view bungalow it is the closest to the beach and pool.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debbie701777
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The best part about this place is the location. It is on Chaweng Beach, but far enough up that it's quite while still being a 20 min walk to all the chaos. The room was ok... The wood floors had a bunch of nails sticking out, and the shower in the tub is maybe 3 feet (1meter) off the ground... So sit down showers... The wifi constantly dropped and it wasn't long at all before I had the password memorized... It was ok

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Stayed in Room 112 deluxe beach bungalow right by the pool on the beach. Stunning location but the aircon blows right on you. It was so hot that you cannot afford to leave it off. Manager moved us to the deluxe suite i the hotel on the third floor at no extra cost and we preferred the view and the room was magic Room 301. Thank you will return soon.

Room Tip: Beach bungalow Room 112 or Hotel with sea view Room 301
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Visited Koh Samui for five nights to attend a family wedding, and stayed at Samui Island Beach Resort. Overall happy, apart from the first night where I stayed in one of the "Superior Bungalows".

I booked an extra night, my first one, as a separate booking in addition to my original reservation, and was allocated bungalow number 120 at a price of Bt:2,800. There's nothing superior about this one at all - the en-suite was a disgrace for the price (see photo), with no hot water at the hand basin and only an under-pressured luke warm flow from the water heater to shower with. The ants, cobwebs and dead horseflies added to the feeling of being ripped off. Also there were no towels in the room when I got there, and other bits and pieces were missing (ie the kettle and coffee making facilities that were in my second room). I suspect I was only given this sub-standard accommodation due to it being only a single night reservation? Regardless, for what I'd been charged, I wasn't a happy bunny.

In contrast to this, when I presented myself to the reception for the remainder of my stay the following morning (had to check in again), I was allocated room 208 - which is a large, double-double, well appointed and finished room, with a spacious balcony, was very clean and had all of the expected facilities in place when I got there. Very happy with that, although I can't understand why this much better accommodation only cost Bt:2,240 per night - around twelve quid (c20%) a night less than for the bungalow. Go figure?

The rest? All of the staff I encountered were charming, the breakfast spread in the mornings offered a wide choice (and you can eat your fill from 7.00-10.30am), you're right on the beach, and the 10m swimming pool's OK to leap into and cool off.

The not so good bits? Wifi across the site is hit and miss (apparently their's is affected by the wind), the AirCon won't function properly if set below 24C, and the bar shuts in the evening at 7.00pm (although you can do as I did and go to the hotel next door where it's open until 10.30pm). Location 15 minutes bimble into the centre of town and the Festival Mall, although you can jump into one of the open-backed taxis for Bt:100 (c£2) to get you there. Transfer time from the airport is around 6 minutes, with a cab fair of Bt:300.

I would stay here again, but it would have to be in one of the rooms in the main block, and not any of the "bungalows" - certainly for fifty five quid a night you can get a lot better in KS than bungalow 120.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo