Al's Resort
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$50
Agoda.com
Buri Rasa Village Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$213
Agoda.com
Baan Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$71
Agoda.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$120
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$129
Agoda.com
Chaba Cabana Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$61
Trip.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$146
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$190
getaroom.com
All reviewschaweng beachvilla deluxeark barrooms are cleancleaned dailynice resortfull moon partyclose to the airportcentral festivalbars and restaurantsbeach frontkoh samuialsnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights or so. When we arrived we were really happy with our decision as the rooms and pool/beach area was nice. Like a few other reviews we did notice the sewerage smell but it wasn’t that much of an issue.
The pool was nice and the beach is just outside, the beach was really great to swim in.
I really enjoyed the breakfast and the staff at breakfast were soo friendly and made us feel welcome.
However a few days into our stay we got back to our hotel after a day at the beach and our safe was open. I’m quite sure I accidentally left it open but when I checked inside I noticed money missing because I knew how much Australian money I had left and my boyfriend had counted his that morning. We reported it to the front desk and the lady was so unhelpful then a group of three staff came to our door. The lady was soo rude to us. All they could offer was for us to make a police report but that's just a waste of time for the amount of money it was. The lady left before making the comment of “check your safe next time your leaving” while practically glaring at me. Just because I didn’t lock a safe for one day doesn’t mean that my money is allowed to be taken by housekeeping. I was soo upset because they were making me feel like I had done something wrong. If you are paying for their accommodation they should do everything possible to help you out.
Al’s resort is a great place to go to but some of the staff need to provide better service and make guests feel welcome.
Despite the incident I do recommend the actual hotel

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We stayed at Al's Resort over New Years and off the bat they had a couple of big strikes against them: 1 - they were TERRIBLE on e-mail. Took about 2 weeks to finalize my booking and I often had to send follow up e-mails asking them to please respond. 2 - they charged us something like $80 USD/person for some New Year's Eve gala dinner that our flight didn't even arrive in time for us to attend. (Not that we would have anyway, we went to Ko Phangan for the Full Moon Party) However, I guess that gala charge is pretty standard at most resorts over NYE so I'll overlook it.

The negatives pretty much end there. Despite me having about 0% confidence that our airport transfer would arrive, our driver was actually very punctual. Check-in was a breeze and our room (deluxe pool suite) was HUGE and located right on the quieter of the two pools. The room was clean and well equipped with all the usual mod cons and could've very comfortably slept 3 people. Only issue with the room was the rock hard mattress but this is fairly typical in Asia.

Breakfast was slightly above average - good sized buffet and delicious omelet station. Surprisingly good bloody marys.

The resort is ideally located right in the heart of the action on Chaweng Beach, but far enough from the nightclubs so that it's not noisy. About a 5 minute walk to Ark Bar, a great spot for drinks on the beach. We liked Al's because it seemed the nicest, most "luxury" of the nearby options - like a little oasis amidst the Chaweng seediness.

All in all a good stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple