“Best curries ever”

Siam Dreams Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #19 of 194 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Siam Dreams is a cozy family-run restaurant in the northern part of Chaweng. We offer Thai & Seafood as well as European dishes. We have a Thai menu for vegetarians and vegans. We do not us MSG (monosodium glutamate) and tofu (unfortunately in Thailand most tofu is GMO) in our dishes. Thai dishes can be ordered mild, medium or thai spicy up to your own taste! Enjoy cocktails, draft beer, fruit shakes, fresh fruit juices or delicious Italian ice cream on our large outdoor terrace in comfortable lounge chairs. Please not that if you visit us on a busy night or order the 5 course Thai Set menu it may take some time as all our thai dishes are prepared fresh! We offer private Thai Cooking classes with our chef Aood several days a week! On the weekend we show live sport events such as Formula 1, Bundesliga, Premier League on a big screen. We hope you have a great time at Siam Dreams Restaurant!
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed close by at Blue Lagoon and came here a couple of times. The place is beautifully decorated and the food very good. We especially enjoyed the Panaeng and Red Curry. Lots of flavor and nicely decorated. Best curry we had so far and we tried a lot. Tamarind Chicken very nice as well. Staff is friendly, but could be a bit more attentive. Go early, cause it gets quite busy later on.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

A mix beetwen germany and thai, great place funny place.. The food were so nice, well prepared. Staff have to bea bit more attentive...

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

After reading a number of the reviews we decided to try it out as we pass this section of restaurants each evening on the way into town. We have been coming to KS for over ten years so know a lot of good places to eat.

Yes we met the friendly owner but it's the food we are judging. After 40 mins the dishes arrived but we were disappointed, the large bowls of green and red curry were mainly soup with very little veg or meat, okay I do need to lose a few pounds but a bowl of curry flavoured water is not my idea of a meal.

We also ordered the green curry flavoured rice which was green but lacked any flavour, Black Canyon coffee shop do a better rice.

It was busy but the overall lack of good food and delays in service means we won't be going back. There is no dedicated non smoking area.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Probably the best Thai food on this section of Chaweng. Very reasonably priced based on excellent quality and portion size. We ordered way too much, but nearly killed ourselves in being sure nothing was wasted!

However, there was minor issue over a shake. We ordered a 'milk' shake with ice cream, which we clearly did not receive. This was questioned after a sip, but then the waitress confirmed it was a 'milk' shake. So, I drank some more to the point that it was not pleasant, So, I sent it back.

When the bill came it was however included, but I was charged instead for a 'fruit' shake. I questioned this and the Thai waiter who made it started by suggesting I was only charged less for the 'fruit' shake as a gesture if good will. When I made it clear there was no ice cream in it, he backed down and admitted this, stating instead that his colleagues had no idea what he was putting in the shakes, had fed me incorrect information, and that he could not waive the charge as over half of it was drunk by the time it was finally returned.

As stated above, his colleagues after consulting him confirmed this was an ice cream shake, hence why I kept drinking it until I could not take anymore as I had been mislead and it was actually very sickly.

Oh well, shame as the food was excellent and there went his tip.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Was so pleased to finally get real Thai food with spice not dulled down for tourists! Had red curry chicken which was divine and my sister said her sticky mango rice was best she's ever had. Wish we'd found this place earlier. We will definitely be back there in our last two nights left here !
Yum yum yum!