“Great Indian Food ! ”
Review of Surya Indian

Surya Indian
Ranked #81 of 194 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Description: Fresh cooked and delicious Indian food at Chaweng's Night Market every night! Serving a large menu of Indian dishes, plus Thai food too!
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Ok, I know it's always a crapshoot when looking for places to eat , but with this place I really feel like we hit the jackpot . The owner was a really nice guy and at his suggestion I tried the tawa chicken , wow! It came out on a sizzling hot plate and continued to cook in front of me . My wife had the tandoori chicken , and it was fantastic as well . I have honestly never tasted chicken before as tender as this was out of a tandoori oven . I can highly recommend both of these dishes as the prices were quite reasonable as well. Oh , we also had a side of garlic naan - and I would rate 10/10 as well . We seriously thought about going back the next night just to have a snack of naan bread !! I know , Indian food in Thailand seems a but odd , but this was just as good , if not better , than any Indian restaurant you'll find elsewhere .

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I ordered a few dishes, one including lamb vindaloo. To my surprise, iwas given chicken vindaloo. I asked that my dish be changed to lamb and i was told that it was lamb. The meat was white not red, they kept insisting that it was lamb, Australian lamb. They were insulting my intelligence, I was infuriated and refused to pay for that dish.. Settled the bill, didn't touch anything else on the plates and left.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We have just eaten at Surya India The meal was great and very quick and great guys always smiling thankyou

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Ok so im in koh samui at the night food market and have had one of the best indian meals l have ever eaten.
Now l happen to live in the curry capital of Britian so this boast is not made lightly.
My wife and l had a chicken dopiaza, and a chicken madras with chicken pakora, onion bhaji and naan bread, an absolutely excellent meal thanks guys.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Nice Indian food . Staff is very nice and adapt the food to the level of spices that you wish ......

1  Thank Cpo74