All reviews pasta great holiday air conditioning turkey chips mix mealtimes balcony music complex slides turkish
Reviewed 11 January 2017

i really like to ambiance of hotel.staff was friendy i did enjoy stay there but not much beach and no sand only small stones but i did enjoyed far from airport you can come with taxi 120 ish turkish lira and around 40 minute take journey.you come with dolmus to gumuldur resort hotel but you need to ask tourizm information i hope they will help you..

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We enjoyed our stay in Gumuldur Resort. The hotel is located in a small touristic town, literally next to the sea. There is however only a tiny strip of beach there but there is lots of space for the sunbeds in the hotel garden. The hotel has two swimming pools with waterslides next to one of them. Restaurant and pool bars offer variety of meals, drinks and snacks all day long. Served food was tasty, fresh and so varied that everyone could choose something. There were also chefs who prepared some hot dishes during mealtimes. There aren't any real attractions in the neighbourhood but ancient city Ephesus is only ~30km away and one can easily get there by local bus much cheaper than price offered by travel agencies. All together, the hotel is a perfect choice if you look for a place to rest. Good value for money!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here August 2016, first time in Turkey and loved it here. Great pools, staff and facilities. No other English families at the time, but most staff could speak a little so it was fine. Great Animation team who never stopped entertaining. My only issue as a vegetarian was that I had to spend 10 days eating salad, potatoes, bread and pasta as there were no labels to say if the food was suitable for vegetarians. Other than that, we had a great relaxing time. Would definitely recommend for families with young children as it is very secure and child friendly.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Gümüldür is a littke town, actually nromally I prefer the other locations and that time I wantted to try here. I had a good time so much with my family. Clean rooms, good foods , friendly stuff.. my daughter really like swimming pool, green area and mini kids disco... I just needed piece and quiet, so I was happy . Here is the best for families.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Where to begin wth Gumuldur Resort!

We just got back from a week in the resort, booked with TUI Poland. Overall we had a great time in the hotel and resort and would recommend!

Upon first impressions, one may seem somewhat put off - The resort is on a small complex in the city centre. Let's be honest and say that the drive up to the hotel was somewhat stressful..... The city is one huge bazaar and quite dirty. That doesn't continue into the resort though.
The resort is mainly frequented by (seemingly) middle class Turkish people, Polish people and finally Czechs - with a few French, German and even Dutch people in the mix. This creates a nice balance of people.

Rooms
We were in a standard room in C Block - The room was of a good standard and absolutely clean - Everyday the room is cleaned mopped etc.
The room has all modern facilities like a TV with international channels, safe, air conditioning and even a nice little balcony. A sea view was standard with each room.

The Resort
The resort it very well kept and clean. There are two pools - One quiet and one where the animation team are situation. Both have access to a bar and a snack bar and the bigger pool has access to water slides. Around the pools aren't umbrellas, but a fixed structure so you can choose if you want to sit in the sun or not.
In addition there is a little sandy area inside the complex with deck chairs with access to the sea. As you will see the beach is small - but there are deck chairs and no locals. There is even a security guard watching over the beach at all times.

The deck chair situation was frustrating - every day (around the main pool) we saw about 15/20 deckchairs marked with towels but no one sat there between 10am and 7pm - this is unfair for sure!

Food & Drink
The food offering is rich and the food is really great for an all inclusive resort. Each meal time was packed with load of things on offer...... no matter what time you go there is always the full offering available. I would go towards the end of the meal time as it is less packed with people.
Drinks are basic, beer, vodka and gin with some strange "Whiskey" drink chucked in. You can get soft drinks 24/7 but alcohol until 23:00 - I would have expected midnight as the animation program didn't often finish until after 23:00. Leaving you drink-less or left to pay.

Animation
The resort is small, but they have a team of fantastic animations all headed up by Leo. He is absolutely fantastic - I've never known someone so positive and funny. Everyday he came around and said hello remembering everyone's names or just giving them a nickname - Mine being "Professor". The other members of the teams were also great. I loved the pool sketches they did like Ghost busters! I was laughing for ages.
Leo was even there at our departure (01:15) and said goodbye, and threw in some last minute jokes - I've been to many resorts with animation teams - These guys ROCK! I just wanted more!

The location is great - there is a bazaar outside the hotel along with shops and bars. You will always see the Police present. We didn't have any problems - we just bought too much :)

Finally I can say that the resort does have a lot to offer for all. The staff are great and all speak English for sure.
One evening I lost my room key - in a panic I went to reception and they reassured me everything was ok but I had to pay 10E for a new one. Most importantly I was shocked when I went to pay upon checking out and lady (who spoke perfect English) told me not to worry as they had found it in the resort and didn't have to pay. This made me feel great - not because of the money - because how truthful and friendly they are.

A note on TUI Poland... The service wasn't very god and I found our rep to be a little rude and just a sales person.

If Turkey is our destination in the future then Gumuldur will be where we go!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple