“Avoid at all costs”

Dorothea's Corner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I would have preferred to have given no stars at all. They can't cook to save their lives. Saganaki was like a lump of car tyre, overcooked meat, undercooked vegetables, greasy slimy horrible food and then anything with garlic was like neat garlic and foul. Refused to pay for most of it and I am sorry we paid anything at all. .

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went to this restaurant on the third day of our holiday. The waiting staff were friendly and courteous. We ordered a lamb dish and also a mixed grill. We were still waiting for the meals to arrive when we heard a family complaining about their food being undercooked. I do not think it was resolved to their satisfaction. They left.

Our meals arrived and I noticed that some of the meat was undercooked on the borderline of raw. I flagged this to the waiter and by then a middle aged individual in a white shirt arrived. He was the manager. I said to him the meat was undercooked on the border of raw. I showed him that my knife was not even cutting it. He suggested a sharper knife. I refused to accept it. he then said to me 'pay the bill'. I refused and he went away and made a phone call. He then came back and said 'pay the bill'. I then asked the waiter if he knew where the police station was, he wasn't given the chance and ordered away by the manager. The manager then came up to me and said that I better pay the bill. At this stage I felt threatened and intimidated. I paid. In my 49 years I have never experienced such lack of customer service coupled with threatening behaviour and inedible food. My suggestion is to avoid this place, even if you are tempted by its fantastic location.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

The one star we are leaving is for the poor waiter who has to work there. Five of us went for a meal at Dorothea's after speaking to the friendly waiter outside the restaurant and the view was lovely. After ordering two of our meals arrived cold and under-cooked, after sending them back after a 15 minute wait we received two more cold meals. We asked for these meals to be taken off our bill as it was unacceptable and the rest of our party had finished. The three people that did manage to eat received tiny portions at an extortionate price. The waiter was apologetic and went to fetch the bill. When the bill arrived the manager had inflated the bill by 21 Euros up to 58 Euros and deducted 8 Euros and told us he had taken 2 meals off, the three meals eaten only came to 30 Euros including our drinks, which is what we paid. The manager was rude and shouted at us saying we had something against his restaurant, he then continued to shout and threatened that he was going to fine us 100,000 Euros and call the police who would then take our passports. He made a scene in front of the entire restaurant and shouted at the whole family which included three women! Would not recommend, do not visit plenty of other sea view restaurants with great food and service.

1  Thank Pippin_Picken
Reviewed 22 June 2013

To start with, the view is great. It is lovely to eat on the beach especially when the sun is setting. To begin with, the restaurant did not have the fish dish my partner ordered, which is strange considering they advertise their seafood. In the end, he said his starter and new main were both really excellent. My food was great, although I had much better during my time in Sidari.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This restaurant was amazing. Delicious fresh seafood, massive portions, friendly waiter and a great location next to the beach. Would definitely recommend!