US$58
US$111
galahotels.com
Eurohome(Signa)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
B&B Casa Fei(Signa)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

On arriving we were met by a grumpy old man who doesn't speak English well. Has to explain I'd booked a twin room as traveling with my 14 year old son so needed two beds. It was sorted eventually. Then room was tiny. The fridge didn't work. The only plug socket didn't either so had to go down to reception to get adapter. Then the safe door had a handle missing so had to use a room door key card , after yet again going down to recpection as couldn't work the safe. Then breakfast tho knew it was continental , it was disappointing and lacking in items. View nice tho as on top floor.
I sat Sunday evening 23/07/17 and did my daily budget cash piles as on a budget so I needed to make sure I had enough for each day. I also knew I had 6 €50 so one each day for main meal plus two for day trip to Rome. I put them back in different purses in the safe and locked it with the code is used many times and went to bed. Monday 24/07/17 we went to Florence for day and on return I went to get Tuesdays money out only to find safe wouldnt accept my code, one I'd used many many times so knew it was right. I went down to recpection again who told me to wait 10 mins and try again as it holds for 10 after error code, tho I knew it wasn't an error. After 10mins I tried again to no avail. So of back down to recpection who said they would sent the man up to sort it. He came out on a few numbers n it opened...that easily! On getting my money purses out I knew something wasn't right as they were different...n inside I found one pile of money GONE!!! Not sure if I was mistaken I wrote down all I'd spent and found excalty €100 missing including one of 6 €50 so I knew it was stolen.i we t once again to reception to be treated and spoken to like I was wrong and a lier...Told to go to police if I think I've lost money or had it stolen but no one can open my safe but the man that did. No sorry or help. The police are 30 mins walk away, I walk with a Stick so it would have to be yet more money in taxi.....I've tried the company I booked through Gala hotels but again I avirl..no one is taking this seriously....it's theft tho may not be lots of money to them but €100 on a budget its a days food etc for me and my son's holidays...now in ruins because of this. So what should have been €100 for 3 night bed and breakfast has cost €212 including city tax...I'm disappointed , disgusted , appualed and upset ....DONT GO HERE OR USE GALA HOTELS!!!! RIP OFF AND THEVIES!!!!!!!!!

Only good things are WiFi and next to train station so easy to travel about.... but DONT USE ROOM SAFE!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sue d
Reviewed 17 May 2017

There is little that this hotel offers that would make it worth recommending. The main and probably only reason to choose this hotel is its proximity to the train station which is directly on the same square as the hotel. Then a 20 minute train ride into Florence. If you are driving it could make sense, if you can find a parking spot. The other might be price, but that has some caveats. We received an excellent price directly from the hotel web site. However, the management seems to have gone to almost complete reliance on bus tour groups to fill its rooms and for several months it has been impossible to book on the hotel web site and calling gets you a high price from management. There are some low prices on booking sites, but those seem only to come from the less reputable booking sites with many bad reviews for their customer experience.
If you are still thinking about booking, read on: First it is rated 4 stars, but that is because of the facilities the hotel has, such as both dining and breakfast rooms, bar, elevator, lounge area, A/C (when working), room service, etc. and has nothing to do with the quality of hotel or service. The quality of the hotel facilities and experience did not equal any of the 2 star or no star places we stayed in over a three week trip. Before I go into the short comings, I will say the non-management/ownership employees were always pleasant and helpful.
Now the bad news; Heavy deferred maintenance. Bathrooms that anyone other than those of the slightest build will find difficult to use and impossible for two at once. On the issue of the bathrooms, we have stayed in many European hotels in which bathrooms were added as an afterthought to older buildings and have tiny showers and tight elbow room. In this hotel it is just bad design from when it was built and the worst of any hotel we have stayed in (one of our top reasons not to recommend). Rooms were small and tight, but not out of norm for Europe. The plus of being close to the train station is also a minus, since the train station seems to be a late night gathering spot for the local youth who are often loud late into the night. That coupled with the often boisterous tour groups was annoying almost every night. The breakfast is mediocre at best. The main reason to use this hotel is to park a car and use the train, but finding a space may take a considerable amount of time circling the square hoping someone will leave. The cost of parking is around 10 Euros a day. The surrounding town has little to offer and finding the hotel is not easy even with GPS. Lastly is how welcome you will feel. As I stated earlier the regular staff are quite pleasant. The managers or more likely owners are a different story. They gave us the constant feeling of being unwelcome house guests who had over stayed their welcome. I am sure they are unhappy that they are not making the money they feel they should, but they are the ones who do little to maintain the hotel facilities and whose solution is not to make it a better place to stay, but to fill rooms by selling bulk to discount tour groups. One last tip; if you do stay there, do not accept a room that ends in 01 if possible. Those rooms are adjacent to the elevators which you will hear all night long.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank I2414WVjamesm
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This hotel was the worst I have stayed in in Europe.The corridors and bathroom floors were dirty. It have not been renovated since the last century, the aircon did not work, the other buttons beside the bed did not work, panels on the walls outside the rooms fell off as you walked passed. The manager watched over the shoulder of his staff and stopped them accomodating our needs, he was very unfriendly. The dining room was understaffed (only 2 serving 60 people) and we had to serve and clean up after ourselves. On the second night we didn't help and he just plonked desert down on the table before the dinner plates were cleared away. We also had to go downstairs to make our own tea after dinner and then bring it back up to our table. The passport details of other patrons were handed out to us, on the back of photocopied sheets. The area is unsavoury and I would not recommmend coming or going from this hotel after dark. The wifi does not work. We had requested and had been told that we could use the conference facilities at night, but were denied this when we arrived. I could go on...

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank row n
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Reception staff very friendly and helpful. They gave us a map of Florence and a train timetable as soon as we arrived.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic and the staff a bit lazy so it was hit and miss.
Otherwise the room was good, the location was good and the price was not bad.

Room Tip: Facing the square is better
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I stayed here for two nights with my son in Sept 2016. The hotel is excellently located if travelling in by train, as it is a literal 30 second walk across the square to the entrance. Having stayed in Rome prior to this, our welcome was so different. Staff were friendly, happy to speak English (appreciated it if you tired to speak Italian) and check in was quick and easy. Note: they will want to copy your passport.
Our room was very small, but had everything required, including a small fridge. I would not have wanted a long stay in, but was fine for two nights and ok if you are spending all your day out and about.
A light continental breakfast was served on the top floor of the hotel, with a selection of teas and coffee, all with a pretty view out over Signa. Especially when the sun is shining!
Again the staff were friendly, helpful & polite. The hotel is a quiet one in a quiet area, more suited to couples or single travellers as I cannot imagine I would want to manage a family in the size of room!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family