“Nice friendly pub for food”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #26 of 63 Restaurants in Beccles
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sitting conveniently just off the A12, the pub is tucked into the heart of the Suffolk farming community and just a few miles from the coast within easy reach of Southwold. On approaching The Plough, you’d be mistaken for thinking it was a small rural pub. Once inside, the pub opens out to offer a big characterful bar – the old, original part of the building – a snug for drinks, and a dining room too. At the back of the pub, there is a vast garden with children’s play area. We welcome all members of the family, dogs included. It’s a warm and friendly place to enjoy quality time over tasty food and drink. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

The food here is very nice, you can sit in the pub and eat or ask to go in to the resturant, for the price of the food it's very good have eaten here 6 times not had a bad meal, staff very nice. Would recommend

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I was travelling along the road looking for a nice pub to stop for Lunch. Found The Plough Inn on Google maps so thought the location was perfect and menus reasonably priced.

I stopped on Friday an arrived around 13:45, My son was travelling around an hour behind me (arriving at 14:45) so I enquired on the last orders for Lunch food ordering.

The bar staff advised it was 14:30 but They would take their order and only put it through at the last minute. Great Service.

Our meals arrived around 14:35 and as my son was yet to arrive they covered the food in Tin foil to keep it warm. Again Great Service.

All the food was excellent, My Daughter in law opted for the fish and I have never seen a piece of fish so big in a pub.

I opted for the Haloumi and it was excellent.

The Beer was nice (Adnams) and the facilities were excellent, Toilets clean, bar seating clean.

This is a great Pub and a credit to the owners and Staff.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Came here for our regular mid week dinner. Lovely place, friendly staff, food arrived promptly and was delicious. I didn't have the burger but my partner did and it looked delicious.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Excellent service & food. Food came after an acceptable wait, was hot & delicious.
Waiter was friendly & on the ball. Can't fault.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We are staying in the the caravan club site behind the pub and decided to eat. What a great decision, the food was excellent and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Great food and fantastic service. But all this plus Ghost ship on draught. Perfect.