“Caution very disappointing place”

and 1 more site!
Las Cumbres Hotel & Water Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Las Cumbres
Reviewed 3 January 2015

The hotel is in need of repair everywhere. The waterpark in no longer open and appears hasn't been for years. There is no indoor pool either. There was no hot water in the room and the drawers were missing handles. Only one elevator was working. The food at the only restaurant on the property was not very good tasty and the menu was the same every day. The grounds were not kept clean and the trails were covered with spider webs. It was hard to communicate as we couldn't find staff that spoke English and we don't speak Spanish. No tour desk so we were on our own and all the attractions were miles away. We spent over $200 for taxis in four days.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and there was no visible difference. The views were through dirty...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tropicgoer

Reviewed 15 April 2013

When we got there the price was higher than quoted three hours earlier on the phone. The receptionist Anabel Coronado had an attitude and said the sofa bed would be made up for my daughter in a few minutes. We went to dinner which was not to bad and returned to the room to find the sofa bed not made we called the "receptionist" and she said she had sent the housekeeper home already, she came to the room and said she did not know how to open the bed so I took off the seat cushions and pulled the handle to open the bed something a third grader could have done, then we needed sheets for the sofa bed and the "receptionist went to the next room and literally threw them into the room at us. The hotel was very dirty to include the lobby and our room. The bottom line is there are some very nice hotels in Panama but this is not one, do not waste your time or money.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank JAMES J
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have been coming here every year for the past 9 years and love it! This hotel was rebuilt around Y2K and although its is ready for some exterior paint and maint., Its interior remains in pristine condition. I stay here for 4 weeks and fish the back waters of the canal on a weekly basis. I use the same guy for my cab and take him fishing with me so I get free cab service while I am here. He also picks me up and delivers me to the Tecuma Intl. Airport. I come here every year right after I finish my 8 week stay at the Avalon in Acapulco, Mexico. Yes, there is a slight musty smell in the halls an lobby but don't notice it in your room.The wait staff in the resturant is very professional and polite; The food is very good and inexpensive. I will continue to come here. The present ownership of this hotel is trying to sell it so I am sure that when the sale is made, there will be some renovations made. There are lovely foot trails through the adjacent rain forest and a water park and small zoo with monkeys,birds, etc. If you decide to come here, the taxi guy I use is Leonardo. He speaks english and can take you anywhere, including sightseeing to the canal and many other places. His cell phone is 507-6738-1142. Call him before you come and he will bring you here from the airport. His full time job is at a bank so you need to give him some notice so he can make arrangements. If he is unavailable, he will send his uncle, Natcho. I offered $50/day for my room on the 9th (lobby) floor and had no problem. You should come in Jan., Feb., Mar. as it starts to rain in mid-April. Good luck

Room Tip: Select a room on the 9th floor if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tom K
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have stayed in a variety of hotels from cheap tp expensive and this was the absolute worst. I always take reviews at face value but these were acurate. Musty, mouldy, stinky,run down, out of the way. Just plain scary. We thought it wouldbe between the 2 airports but wasnt anywhere near. My children were afraid and kept saying they should use it for a horror movie. The pictures must have been taken 10 years ago as it does not look like them at all. Yes the rooms were huge, the beds clean but that's about it. Don't stay here!!! Go into the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kimpro
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I got a very good deal on the rooms at this hotel so, notwithstanding the warnings, decided to take my chances. I am glad I did.

First, this is a hotel you should have a car to stay it. It's about 8 km from Panama City, and a couple kilometers from the nearest grocery store, etc.

Second, it's a little older and run down. They seem to be doing repairs trying to fix up some leaks in their roof, etc. Understand this is a 180 room facility with about 10 guests.

The rooms are fine. Big rooms, big beds, newer air conditioners, etc. Contrary to the other review, there were two shampoos and two soaps in the room. Big fluffy white towels, not dirty. A fridge, in wall safe, big entertainment center.

The hallways are a bit musty from the humidity. They seem to be working on that, but the rooms are not smelly in any way.

Its next to a huge waterpark and you can walk down to the park and see the monkeys and birds they have. We actually went when it was closed and snuck some food for the monkeys.

Internet worked fine on floor 8 and in the lobby (which is floor 9).

It's very quiet, a huge hotel, with not many guests. If you want to spend some time relaxing, or for romance, this is great. The big rooms are very comfy and there's alot of space in the lobby and outside where you can sit around and be left alone.

Now if you expect a guy in a suit to follow you around holding doors open for you, well, go somewhere else. It is what it is.

Room Tip: Book a regular room it's all you need. 9th floor is the lobby floor, 8th floor has good interne...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf
#25 of 115 in Panama City
11.3 km away
Best Western Plus Panama Zen Hotel

Been to Las Cumbres Hotel & Water Park? Share your experiences!