1,606 results
All reviews fish every night st lucia marigot bay botanical gardens rented a car ti kaye resort mango rainy season public beach caribbean sea wine list off the beaten path gros piton anse le raye natural beauty plunge pool
Reviewed 23 December 2012

If only we had more vacation days! Definitely a place we would go back to. Great location, beach, panoramic views, fresh fish, and spa. The tours are great value and worth the drive out. Recommend canopy tour. The Monday seafood dinner on the beach and Wednesday manager dinner really enjoyable.

If you are lucky enough to find yourself here find Florina, Nadine, Natalie, Wally, Terry, Magnus or Ronald. Give them a big hug for us. Great people who made our stay very special and always have a smile on their faces.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Ti Kaye Resort for 9 glorious days, December 1 - 9. The trip was our second honeymoon trip, and first such vacation without our kids. The selection of Ti Kaye was due to several wonderful reviews from Trip Advisor, and I will have to say that even our high expectations were exceeded. We booked a LeCottage with pool, along with the Lanmou package. The costs for St. Lucia resorts can be quite high and Ti Kaye is no exception, while there are rooms much more budget friendly, we opted to splurge for this trip and it was well worth it.
Arrival: We were greeted at the airport by Andrew with a Ti Kaye shuttle van, as part of our Lanmou package. Andrew provided a great summary of the island and features as we travelled to the resort. He also accommodated our request to stop at a market, also a tripadvisor suggestion well worth following. We were able to purchase a few snacks, waters, and a couple bottles of St. Lucian Rum (Banana Creme..WOW). This was also great advice as there is no room service at Ti Kaye and having a small selection of drinks and snacks allows you to chill in your room and enjoy some privacy when the mood strikes. We arrived to the resort along the much storied driveway..yikes! We finally arrived at the welcome area and were greeted with a welcome cocktail by the manager Chris and some staff. This was a great way to end the long travels and kick off a great vacation. The view entering the resort main building is not dramatic, however as you traverse through the building towards balcony, you pass through the sitting area and get the first look at the open air dining room. The decor is modern with a definitive Caribbean flair, which looked quite new and in great condition. The baggage is moved to our room, while we enjoyed the welcome cocktail then we were shown the way by one of the office staff.
Rooms: I had an amazing opportunity to look at numerous rooms while we stayed at the resort. I will get into that later. Our first room was LeCottage "B" or Betize. This cottage was exquisite. The cottages all have expansive private or semi-private front porches with hammocks, rocking chairs, and a table. One or two sun loungers are also included by the pools. Betize had a square pool, which is like a large tiled hot-tub but cooler water. There is also an outdoor shower which is constructed of teak walls with clay tile floor. There is also a door which opens up the view to the ocean for an amazing view while you shower. There is also a clothes line which is handy for swimwear to dry as well as a bench for whatever you could use a bench for in the shower. The cottage had a wonderful king-size for poster bed with netting . The sounds of the ocean and breezes are great you could easily sleep with the doors and windows open. We however chose to utilize the A/C for sleeping. There is in room coffee and tea, as well as a refrigerator, with fresh milk provided daily. The walk to Betize is located down a short but steep walkway from the main building, and only steps from the spa (amazing massages with a view). Our Second room, Lanmou ("L") was equally impressive with two improvements. The first improvement was the plunge pool, which was oval and a gradual sloped entry into it instead of a step, also more sunlight for the two sun loungers. The second improvement was that of privacy. Room B is almost perfectly private with the exception of the sun-lounger is viewable from the room higher up the cliff. This is only an issue of modesty not so much an issue with the room or resort. The other difference is in the outdoor shower, room " L" doesn't have the view to the ocean so the trade off is one of having and open view in the shower, which my wife thought having a breeze in the shower was not worth the view. All the rooms I was able to visit had amazing views of the ocean from the bed. Awaking to the view of the ocean every morning was breath taking, especially the one morning it rained as we woke up. It was truly a magical place. The rooms are cleaned to an impeccable standard daily, where the floors are mopped fully and counters washed. We happened to stay in our room one day and enjoy our private pool, hammock, and sun loungers so we saw the cleaners or otherwise wouldn't have known how thorough they really were, and all the floors were mopped. I happened to enjoy the opportunity to explore many of the cottages through friendships with other guests, as well as some sneaking peeks during cleaning between guests. I will rank my opinions of cottages that I was in by most ideal based mostly on privacy. Mele is the best #1, Lanmou, close second, K was also almost perfectly private with minor view of deck from Lanmou, "I" we had a great time in playing UNO after the Friday fish fry with our new friends, also great view. Nich has a great full sun exposure, so the pool is very warm, and has awesome sunset views, but has a view from "DD" above the pool deck, but total privacy when in the pool, Next is Betize for the same reasons as Nich, but the view is actually very nice of the bay and beach. Hoti is also a great room as all the other Le cottages but I wasn't able to get into the others. I would request M, L, or B as my first choices. The only quip I have is that the pools are not heated and it would be nice to incorporate a solar heater into the systems so they are not reliant on the sun exposure of the pool. I found them quite nice but my wife though it too cold most days because the outside temperature was so warm. Also the WIFI is weak in the rooms so Pandora and FaceTime wont usually work in room, but email usually works. We found that standing on the hillside above the cottages the WIFI worked amazing for FaceTime, as well as in the lobby, and TiMange bar (the router is behind the bar), thanks Wally.

Food: The food is amazing in preparation, presentation, and quality. We had some iffy trip advisor reports as well as wonderful reports. I can say the food is amazing! We are a bit of foodies and normally enjoy dining at different restaurants while traveling so we were concerned about having only one choice, but that was laid to rest by day two. Dinners are delectable and well planned. The restaurant is on a seven day or so rotation, so you will not see the same dinner menu twice, while some sides repeated they were always well paired with the entree. We enjoyed the daily catch most nights and it was always truly wonderful. My wife loved the barracuda with citrus butter sauce, and talked about it for a whole week. Make sure to do the private dining experience, and I recommend the wine cellar, but make sure they don't forget about you, LOL. Many guests attended the wine tasting and all raved over it. The cellar is beautiful and everybody should at least check it out. The desserts when you aren't too stuffed were decadent. The managers cocktail party on Wednesday should not be missed!!! Free cocktails and appetizers and good ones too! The Cucumber basil smoothy shots were delicious, as were the rum punches and pina coladas. The bar is modern and tasteful with a great full window view. We spent many evenings with our new friends at the bar with Wally serving up strong but delicious drinks. Many of the guests will use the cocktail party as a dinner replacement. The lunch can be had in the main restaurant or at the beach bar. The beach bar has great drinks and sandwiches as well as a few entrees such as catch of the day with local chips. I found the bar menu to be too pricey for food, but understandable. $14 for a burger is steep but those chips are awesome and will be missed. Prices are high but not for the nature of the meals. Skip the meal plans, you can eat all the meals and get a few drinks for the plan price over the course of the week because you will be on excursions which will include lunch and other packages include breakfast. This advice was from another reviewer and I can totally agree. You can alway opt into a plan once you get there.

Beach: Awesome snorkeling, awesome swimming, good people watching when the many party boats visit, and I even had good flyfishing (bring your own equipment). The beach has more than enough loungers with umbrellas or cabanas. Terry will take care of you....seats, towels, drinks, everything. The beach "merchants" will mostly leave you alone if you want or cut down a coconut to drink or eat, we only saw a couple of shady deals but generally they left people alone. I am not a beach guy but it was great. THE STEPS!!! At least we knew what we were in for before we got there.

Overall: Ti Kaye is an amazing resort which caters to you in as many ways as they can. I found that the staff is pretty well trained at satisfying customers wishes and are getting better at it all the time. They even accommodated my room change request even though it was a huge inconvenience and booking rate was high. Chris is making every effort to improve the areas where deficiencies had lied in the past. The management team is fairly new but by the reviews I read the resort is even getting better. There will be a new store opening in the lobby very soon, the beach furniture was all new. We watched as new web photos were being taken of room M. The staff never called us by name but others we were around were learned, but they learned our room number so there was that recognition. This is however not the place for anyone with a walking disability due to the stairs to the beach as well as stairs to rooms or steep inclines to some cottages, but for reasonably fit people this is no issue at all. The grounds are being upgraded all the time and being maintained towards perfection. The hummingbirds visiting the flowers along our deck and the lizards visiting our room were exciting. The bananas, papayas, and coconuts growing all over the property were amazing. This resort is not for just anyone, but it is for those looking for a secluded and romantic resort. We loved Ti Kaye and Ti Kaye helped us feel loved too.

Tips for would be travelers: Le Cottage with pool (M or L), add a package such as Lanmou (breakfast, transfers, excursions included, private dining and champagne with fruit basket and massage for two), skip the meal plan, attend managers cocktail party, visit Marigot bay and rum distillery (tasting is self serve), Land and Sea Tour is awesome, Sunset Cruise is great fun too!!

Room tip: Le Cottage with pool (M or L), add a package such as Lanmou (breakfast, transfers, excursions included, private dining and champagne with fruit basket and massage for two), skip the meal plan, attend managers cocktail party, visit Marigot bay and rum distillery (tasting is self serve), Land and Sea Tour is awesome, Sunset Cruise is great fun too!!
Date of stay: December 2012
6  Thank james b
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We visited in Nivember this year and as ever had a great time. We are return visitors, something we never thought we would do until we found TiKaye. The location is fantastic and makes the most of the terrain, individual cottages are lovely and the whole resort has been regularly improved over the years while not taking anything away from the experience, just making it a bit better every time.

Room tip: Dont use plunge pool so would go for le cottage without one to save a bit of money, all locations are good
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank Eileen M
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Wife and I stayed at the Ti Kaye resort earlier this year. First impressions- the reception area is wonderful- it's perched on the side of a hill and looks out onto the stunning sea, with views over the bay, the beach and the winding coastline. The dining area is to the left, also open air, and when the breeze is good, fantastic. (The ride from the airport can be very unsettling. We were being picked up along with another couple- one of them lost his lunch as soon as we arrived, and my wife very nearly followed suit).

Rooms- the rooms are a fair walk up or down the hillside, which can be annoying. The air conditioning is powerful, and the night breeze is pleasant. The outdoor shower is nice, as is the private plunge pool and hammock. The mosquitoes are hungry and numerous, so be warned. The mosquito nets provided are only so good, and one night I did wake up with a small frog on my forehead.

Food- very overpriced and strictly average. A reasonable breakfast spread. Lunch or dinner would regularly set you back $50 without drinks. Wednesday nights are the manager's open bar and buffet- which was very nice, with good variety. Much of the food generally was a somewhat bland European affair, with little Caribbean about it.

Bar- shockingly, no fresh fruit juices on offer so all cocktails were sickly sweet Terapak affairs.

Beach- Is a good 150 steps down from the reception area, but there is a beach shack which serves decent snacks and burgers. Plenty of loungers and attentive beach staff. Occasionally frequented by touring boats and can get noisy.

Front-of-house staff- this might be a cultural thing, but some of them came across as unacceptably brusque. My request for a call back from the manager did not get me one.

Taxis- this was what really left a bad taste in our mouths. The taxis are very expensive, and you are charged full fare per person, even if the taxi is being shared with other guests. (On one occasion the taxi even made detours to pick up other people).

All-in-all, an average affair, but the island has many redeeming features that made it a good trip. Definitely try some local fare at the local town markets. Oh and get a bottle of the famous hot sauce!

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank Intrepid L
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Wife and I spend our honeymoon here and I am perpetually wanting to be back there. The rooms are fantastic, very comfortable with remarkable views. The hammock is great, the garden shower is amazing. I want to build one at home. There is a safe for valuables.

The food is amazing. I would recommend NOT getting the meal plan if you are considering it. We didn't and we spent less money and still ate all meals at Ti Kaye. There is a great restaurant, pretty good bar and a cool beach side bar a grill.

The beach is clean and very nice. There are kayaks for use by hotel guests at no extra charge, along with umbrellas and beach chairs. The beach is so nice a lot of the cruise ships send their day excursions to come and hang there. This sounds bad, but most of them don't really come on shore and it definitely didn't interfere with our experience.

There are also lots of pretty cool day excursions. The land and sea tour was nice to get a feel for the island and see some things. Nothing out of this world, but I'm glad we did it. The piton climb was great, and no joke. I've hiked a lot and this was a pretty legit hike. Sadly it was raining at the top leaving us no view, but still worth it in my opinion. The massage overlooking the ocean was also a great decision.

In the end, just relaxing at Ti Kaye each day was fantastic and worth it all.

Overall, an incredible place!

Room tip: We didn't think the plunge pool was worth it. The water was cold and we didn't spend any time there.
Date of stay: May 2012