Marigot Bay Resort and Marina(Marigot Bay)
US$309
US$279
  • Pool
Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$103
Oasis Marigot(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
US$120
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$80
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$230
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$303
Ladera Resort(Soufriere)
US$894
US$320
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$393/night.

1,590 results
All reviewsfishevery nightst luciamarigot baybotanical gardensrented a carti kaye resortpublic beachrainy seasoncaribbean seaexplore the islandgros pitonanse le rayepineappleplunge poolour honeymoonoutdoor shower
Reviewed 21 August 2006

The resort was peaceful and beautiful and St lucia was awesome. I've read a review or two about Tikaye on trip advisor and was astounded at some of the comments about the staff. What really made Tikaye so special to us were the staff. From the moment we arrived they were exceptionally nice going above and beyond to ensure you have a good time. Most everyone greats you by name and takes a personal interest in you. From Lita at the front desk to the bellboy George, to Verna, Merlinda, Teresa and Florina waiting tables, Clios the sommalier and Pilgram the bartender they are all exceptional and take pride in what they do. The hospitality was unrivaled, it was like staying with family.
Albert who does a lot of driving for tikaye was definately someone to ask for by name. He drove us around the island and told us a lot about the local culture. He has a wealth of knowledge about everything from local rums to how the banana's grow on the island. When he picked us up to take us to the airport he even gave us a bag of cashews he roasted himself.
Tikaye's excursions are geared to small groups. This fosters a better sence of intamacy then some of the larger resorts.
On previous beach bound vacations, we had seen party boats all over containing drunk tourists packed like sardines in a can. Smaller groups were nice change and allowed us meet lots of really nice people. In addition, all of the tourist companies that they work with were top notch and had great people working for them.
Though my parents go to Tikaye fairly often I don't feel like we got any special treatment. All the guests we talked to agreed that the staff was incredible. Upon returning my Dad and I discused our trip. I mentioned that I had a hard time describing just how great our expirience was and how welcoming the people were at tikaye. He replied that was one reason why he wanted us to go because "you just can't describe it, its just something you have to expirience on your own."

16  Thank breauxg
Reviewed 16 August 2006

We stayed at Ti Kaye from July 24-July 31. I found Ti Kaye through TripAdvisor and we had high expectations because of all of the glowing reviews, and we were not disappointed.

The moment we arrived we knew we made the right choice. We loved nearly everything about the resort; from the family atmosphere to the fantastic food, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I am a "Holiday Inn" kind of girl so I was blown away by the fact that you get to know both the staff and the other guests at the resort. You don't get an experience like that at larger resorts.

We got the adventurous honeymoon package and enjoyed every excursion. Our favorite was the land and sea tour, but the water taxi ride to Castries was a close second. I also recommend getting the sunset fruit basket early in your stay. We snacked on it all week! When not on a tour we spent most of our time on the beach or reading on the porch. The steps to the beach are a little cumbersome, but it's not terrible. Have a couple of Pitons (beer) before you walk back up and you forget how many steps there are!

We thought the food was fantastic, particularly the surf and turf our first night there. There are only 3 choices each night, but unless you are terribly picky, you should be able to find something you like. There was even a wedding reception one evening during our stay and they brought dinner to our room. That was the only meal we were slightly disappointed in, but it was romantic getting to eat in our cabin! The wine list is very good and you will grow to love Piton so much you will wish we had it in the states!

Overall we loved this resort. We can't wait to go back. The staff is wonderful, the atmosphere is incredibly relaxing and the island is truly a gem. If things like occasional rain showers and a few mosquito bites bother you, then I would recommend somewhere else. If you want a relaxing, "don't want to go home" experience, go to Ti Kaye. Go sooner than later, because you get the feeling that St. Lucia is on the verge of a tourist explosion.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Lisajune
Reviewed 13 August 2006

This review is long overdue, but I had to add my opinion regarding our stay at Ti Kaye. The first half of our 2 week honeymoon was spent there, and we were so happy we gave it a try, after reading great things about it here and elsewhere.

The staff was AMAZING...very attentive and friendly. The food was incredible too...we enjoyed everything...breakfast, lunch and dinner. And as for our room, we couldn't have asked for anything more. The outdoor shower was awesome...such a great added touch. We had no problems with bugs or other critters in our room (with the exception of one small little frog)...we kept our windows shut at night as recommended.

We were in cottage C and our view was amazing...oceanfront at its finest. Sunsets on our porch were so nice. And we put lots of great use to our hammock and our plunge pool.

The beach was nice too, and the water was fantastic. And the Friday night Fish Fry is a must! We had a great time...it was a nice night out and a great way to experience the local culture.

Overall, we got more for our money at Ti Kaye than expected. Definitely a fantastic place for honeymooners or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mc0218
Reviewed 13 August 2006

Better late than never!

We stayed at Ti Kaye for the first week of our honeymoon in St Lucia in Oct 2005. So glad we'd done our research on TripAdvisor (we'd been interested in the Jalousie Plantation and Anse Chastenet and looked in on the latter one day - it seemed scruffy & over-crowded).

Our detached cottage with a splash pool was fantastic; beautiful four poster bed and outdoor shower (the tiny frogs were cute).

All the staff were friendly and helpful; Merlinda was a particular favourite!

The food was good, but tended to cater to American tastes (we're both widely travelled and enjoy trying local dishes).
Friday Fish Fry in Anse La Raie was good fun even in the rain - don't be afraid to sample the delicious catches, washed down with rum!.

Evening entertainment was ok, sometimes a bit over-enthusiastic - we're not into cabaret! Met some lovely couples to talk to (although most of us honeymooners can be anti-social!).

We hired a jeep for a few days to get out and about - but were more than happy to snorkel & relax in our hammock after the stresses of the wedding! The beach offered good snorkelling (main treat was swimming after a turtle), but was let down by the hawkers trying to push their overpriced necklaces etc. They were very pushy and tried to pressure you into buying goods because they'd 'looked after' your towels...

Would thoroughly recommend Ti Kaye - which we followed up with a week on the Atlantic Coast at Fond Bay (also thanks to TripAdvisor)!

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sussanah_and_Robin
Reviewed 9 August 2006

This is overdue by a year, but I want to share my experience about Ti Kaye. My review is very detailed and lengthy, so bare with me!!

We arrived at Ti Kaye Sunday afternoon. Our taxi driver was Francis and he was a careful driver, considering how the driving is there. Lots of bumps, tailgating, hills and turns. I didn’t mind the ride down, but leaving DH and I both got nauseous from the ride. It took over an hour to get to Hewanorra (south airport) from Ti Kaye.

As soon as we arrived at Ti Kaye, we were asked to identify which suitcases were ours (we arrived with two other couples) and then we were whisked away to the bar in the restaurant for a complimentary drink. Everyone was so friendly. They introduce themselves and ask your name. By our second day there, they knew who we were.

When you get there, the manager will ask you for a credit card. Whenever you eat or drink, you just tell them which cottage you’re staying in, and they run a tally. You’ll have to sign a slip after each meal or trip to the bar. That slip will tell you your total. Tips and tax are included, but we always gave an extra tip (because tips are divided among all the staff). You settle-up at the end of the week. You do not have to use the credit card you gave them upon check-in. I guess that’s just a precaution for them.

After enjoying our complimentary drinks, the manager on duty (ours was Giselle) takes you to your cottage. We stayed in “K”. There were flower petals scattered on the bed, which was so pretty. The cottages were just as described on their website. They have a nice walk-in closet, which is where the strong box (safe) is located. They also supply an ironing board and iron in the closet. I’m glad I brought my travel iron with me, as the iron in the room was coated with a black crust. It needed a serious cleaning (my only complaint!).

The bathroom was a nice sized room. You walk through the bathroom to another door that takes you to the outdoor garden shower. This thing is amazing! I loved it! It’s a lot bigger than it looks like on their site. The hot water heater is located under the bathroom sink and is pretty small, so long showers are not a good idea. However, we found it sufficient.

Dinner is served from 7:00 until 10:00 (I think 10). You have to make reservations for dinner. We went every night at 7. The lights are dimmed and the outdoor restaurant is illuminated by a candle on each table. You get a choice every night from 3 different appetizers, 3 different entrees, and 3 different desserts. Nothing was ever duplicated the whole week. One word of warning, if the menu lists something as “rare” or “pan seared”, don’t request that it be cooked well-done. We were told the chef gets highly offended when guests do that and he won’t do it. One night they had rare tuna and another night pan seared mahi mahi. DH and I like our food cooked well. We didn’t enjoy that too much. But, the rest of our meals were really good. A lot different than food here in America, but good nonetheless.

Breakfast is served from 8:15-10:15, which is included in your room cost. If you come to eat after 10:15, you have to pay for it. Each morning there is a buffet filled with dry cereals (corn flakes, raisin bran, frosted mini wheats, and a 4th kind I can’t remember), pastries, fresh fruit (pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, etc), yogurt, and assorted juices. You also get a menu with at least 6 choices. I usually got the veggie omelet, which was very good. They offer two variances of an ‘American breakfast’, which is eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. There is definitely plenty to eat in the morning!

Several days we ate lunch down at the beach bar restaurant. They do not have as many choices for lunch down there as they do up at the main restaurant, but it’s good food. I LOVED their spicy tuna baguette. I ate it for lunch everyday except one. DH gave me a hard time about ordering the same thing everyday, so one afternoon I ordered a ceasar salad with Cajun shrimp (from the main restaurant). It was very spicy. I drank a lot of water with it. ;) When something is labeled ‘cajun’, ‘creole’, ‘hot’, take it seriously! If they offer an entrée with hot sauce, you only need a tiny bit. It is very hot. We actually bought two bottles home with us.

While eating breakfast and lunch, you have to keep an eye on the birds because they’re certainly keeping an eye on you (actually, your food). They want your food, and if you leave it unattended, they have no problem helping themselves. I enjoyed it, actually. It really wasn’t a nuisance to us. One of them would eat right out of DH’s hand. We watched one couple cover their food with their napkin while they went back to the breakfast buffet. The birds are too smart for that. They would carefully move the napkin with their beak and help themselves. You also have to make sure that there is no bird poop on your chair when you sit down. DH leaned back in the chair one morning and had an ugly stain on the back of his shirt when he got up.

The pool is very nice, not huge, but nice. Most people go down to the beach during the day, so we spent several days at the pool because we were by ourselves. Very nice!!

There are a lot of steps going down to the beach. It’s not bad at all going down, of course. But coming up, is not too fun. DH counted them, and he says there are 160 steps. Once you get down there though, you can get plenty to eat and drink at the beach restaurant. There’s also a bathroom down there, you just have to go to the restaurant for the key.

I can’t swim, so I bought a snorkel vest to go along with our snorkel sets. We loved snorkeling! If you’re facing the ocean, snorkel over to the right side of the cove. I saw lots of beautiful fish. Another couple we spoke to said that they saw octopi and a sea snake. I’m glad I saw neither of those! We did snorkel on the other side of the cove, and saw a neat trumpet fish. I highly recommend snorkeling while there. It’s amazing!

Also, make sure to use your sunscreen while there. The sun is a lot stronger down that way. I started out with 30, and used 15 later in the week. I still got burned in a few spots that I missed, but not bad.

The staff at Ti Kaye are so wonderful. Rose, Kim, Cleus, Pilgrim, Giselle, Merlinda, Theresa, Sandy, Verna, and many others. The ones I’ve mentioned we saw the most and they are great people. Don’t be afraid to ask them about anything there or on the island. They are glad to share the information with you.

Thursday night we took the water taxi to Rodney Bay. Our driver (Jonty, I believe is his name), has lived in St. Lucia since he was 9 months old. He’s a wealth of information! He stopped along all the major landmarks and told us about them before moving on. He had several couples to drop off at Castries, before taking DH and I to Rodney Bay. Once we got to Rodney Bay, he asked us which side we wanted to go to. I told him I wanted to go to Pigeon Island. So, he offered to drop us off on the opposite side where all the shops etc are. He gave us an hour, then picked us up and took us over to the other side to Pigeon Island. That was so nice of him! We went to the duty free mall and bought some souvenirs. In order to get the duty free prices though, you have to have your airline ticket with you. We really enjoyed Pigeon Island. We did the short hike up to Fort Rodney and what a view! You can see Martinique in the distance. It was very beautiful up there. We enjoyed our stop at the Captain’s Cellar too. That’s a restaurant that’s more like a British pub. It’s also a nice place to go and cool off. Another HM couple from Ti Kaye opted for the trip to Castries and said they really didn’t enjoy it. They wished they had gone to Rodney Bay instead!

On Friday night, we went to Anse LeRay for the seafood festival (fish fry). We left the resort at 7:45 by a taxi that they supply. Since I had read about it numerous times, I pretty much knew what to expect. DH did not. He was a little surprised. There’s one main street that’s closed and lined with booths from the locals. The majority of the booths are selling food (lobster, mahi mahi, etc), and several of them sell local crafts/souvenirs. At the end of the street are lots of large speakers piled on each other blasting music. They also have coolers set up at many of the booths with beer and liquor to drink. Verna and Merlinda from Ti Kaye had their own booth that night. If you go to them, they have a special picnic table behind the booth area that sits on the beach. Ti Kaye guests get special treatment. J There are a lot of little dogs running around. DH decided to give one of them a piece of bread and a dog fight broke out. Literally. It was very scary!! Verna hollered at them and chased them off. DH felt so bad about it…but how could he have known. I’d advise NOT to feed the dogs. ;) We took the first bus back to Ti Kaye which left at 9:30.

Since we were there during their dry season, we only encountered a few bugs (zero mosquitoes!). One fly and a (gulp) large cockroach in our cottage! DH killed the roach and threw it outside. That was our first day there and never saw another one. We also encountered a small lizard (perhaps a chameleon?) in our bathroom one day. He saw us and immediately crawled up the wall. They are harmless. I just closed the bathroom door, and went back 1.5 hours later – he had gone back out the window.

One main thing that we didn’t like was the ‘party boats’ and vendors on the beach. Everyday boats would come and go with tourists. The people from the boats were just there to swim and snorkel, so they pretty much stayed in the water. They’d leave after about 45 minutes to 1 hour, but they were non-stop all day, everyday. One day they had one blaring music. I guess it wasn’t a major issue, but it would have been nicer without the boats. The vendors are polite. They approach you, introduce themselves, and ask your names. Then they show you their wares. We would politely look, then tell them no thank-you. They wouldn’t bother you again. However, there must be at least 7-8 guys working the beach on a daily basis. When the party boats pull up, they jump into their kayaks or swim to the boats like vultures LOL. It can be quite entertaining to watch. We did end up buying 4 necklaces from JT though.

We loved Ti Kaye and St. Lucia. I hope to go back someday soon!

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled as a couple