“Tailor made to delight Women :).Must visit for couples”

Kumarakom Lake Resort
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Kumarakom
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tailor made to delight Women :).Must visit for couples”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My hubby was constantly nagging about a trip as we had gone almost a year without any major getaways and consequently I decided to book a trip to the land of backwaters. After probing a bit we came across this 4 day, 3 night couple package on Antilog Vacations with Kumarakom & Munnar .The tour tariff suited our budget completely. The Kumarakom Lake Resort was decided after surfing many options .We booked the package online 3 weeks before our travel date from the travel agent as we got it cheaper than wht KLR was offering us & we also covered Munnar as well

About the Hotel

The Kumarakom Lake Resort is a niche resort thronged by natural greenery. We were welcomed with tender coconut juice and gestures such as these always alleviate the travel stress and helps in building up the mood. The Kumarakom is replete with these kinds of surprises and this is one of the best things about the resort. The receptionist and the manger were very friendly and quipped in with vital info on the history of the place and local sight seeing options
Rooms

The room had a traditional touch to it and kept up with the ambience of the resort. It was around 25 ft by 20 ft in dimensions and very well maintained. The room was decked up with all facilities and considering we spent most of our time indoors, we can vouch for the fact that we had a great time. All the modern amenities can be found in the rooms

The food was excellent with a wide range of both veg and non veg dishes. My hubby particularly liked the local chicken dish – chicken chettinad because of its unique ethnic flavour and this is something which you must try once you are here. The room service was also quite handy and they provided breakfast and evening tea in the rooms or in the gardens as per request.

Lastly for Ladies only

Thus we had the most enjoyable time at the Kumarakom Lake Resort and would give thumbs up to the same..Its a hotel that suits ladies perfectly as it is quite mushy , romantic & a heritage place to be in with your partner.One can feel the royalty & charm , all the way through..I am still in dreams abt being here . You really feel pampered here & a will to get indulged in spa , shopping & wonderful evening programsI must say that it was a good experience & a fabulous tour package. Thanks to KLR hospitality & Antilog services for making it grand affair

Room Tip: i am sure that backwater view is quite essential for any room booking
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Namrata R
klresort, General Manager at Kumarakom Lake Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very detailed review.We are glad that we could exceed your expectation , and am sure the experience will definitely encorage to visit us again
Thanks and regards
Joseph G Garcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Casorate Sempione, Italy
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I've decided to be there for my 3rd time. it looks like a wonderful place where to have some time for resting. But my third experience was completely bad to not recommend this place anymore.
- Bad experience with pool villa small and with a pool not working properly for the entire period. I've asked to fix many times but issue never solved.
- I've booked a specific table for a dinner but they did not take any consideration of their booking.
- I had to wait for 1 and half hours to get an hamburger from room service because they were wrong three times in bringing the right food.
- Last but not least when back I did not find a second cell phone not used during the trip stolen for sure by someone in my room but the hotel did not take any responsability of that.

I met some people that really understood and help but believe me it never happened, in my traveller life, so many issues in the same place and in only 4 days.
The hotel did not answer at the end even to my agency and this is the worst thing. I am sorry because I spent nice time in that place in the past but I will never be back.
Too expensive for the overall quality

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dinopat
Dear Guest,
Our sincere apologies for the deficiency in services and not able to meet your expectations.We will contact you with a detailed mail as to what will be our course of action to address your concern.Thank you and assure you of our best services at all times.
With best regards
Joseph G.Garcia
UK
Reviewed 20 March 2012

we stayed for 2 nights in the boathouse and had a very good time. would definitely recommend atleast an overnight trip in the boathouse and the rest of the time in the resort, although we enjoyed both days on the boat. the food in the resort was lavish and we enjoyed our tea in the "Thattukada". Also the resort was baby friendly as we had our 11 month old along. they kindly arranged for a cot on the boathouse and cooked special meals for the little one, so no one was left out!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The best place to stay at Kumarakom by far. We had taken a package and it was absolutely fantastic. Had booked a Meandering Pool villa and had requested for an upgrade to a Heritage Villa. They gave it to us on a single request. Amasing food, spa and service. Its the place to be if you are in Kumarakom. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Just be careful with the insects. It is a resort set in and around nature and insects are bound to c...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 March 2012

KLR was the choice for our honeymoon and I must say that it was a perfect choice. The booking process was very easy as I was able to make the reservation from Bangalore by visiting The Paul (another establishment by the same management) which was close to my office.
We opted for the honeymoon package and extended it by an additional day. There were some problems in getting the cab driver's contact number for the pick-up, there was a lot of delegation that was happening coz of which I ended up having about 2-3 driver's contact details not knowing who is going to receive us. There was no one from KLR who was responsive enough to find out if we were on-board the cab. Lastly there was one, but with an Indica (we were told that it would be an Innova). At that time, we just wanted a cab to take us to the destination rather than we choosing the car model.

@ KLR- we were received by the resort staff and we were offered two cold and sweet tender coconuts that were really refreshing, we were at the resort about 2 hours before the check-in time and the staff were courteous enough to accommodate us in our villa in-spite of the early arrival. The villa was just a prefect setting to the start of our honeymoon, poised right in front of the calm vembanad lake. The private pool with jacuzzi was descent enough for two. The open air bath-area and toilets are something that takes time to get used to, especially during the nights.
Food is very expensive at KLR, if you are not covered under a package that has all meals included its a different picture altogether. The spread is lavish be it, breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are a lot of dishes to choose from and the best part is the live counter that serves some grills/ barbeques etc. One negative aspect that I observed here is, the serving staff (not all) tend to attend to foreigners all the time and keep the Indians waiting. I think the management should address this and make sure that the serving in non-partial.
As part of our package we had an option of staying in the houseboat for a night - when we inquired about it we were told that all the houseboats were booked during the time of stay and we needed to book it in advance. I had made the booking for this stay about 4 months in advance and the booking staff were not helpful enough to inform us about this and we ended up missing the choice of staying in a houseboat.
The complimentary sunset cruise and the evening snacks at Thattukada are something that will be cherished for a lot more time to come.
The complimentary Ayurvedic massage was done with perfection and we were able to feel the effect of the massage. The entire body was light and active, something that was required after a hectic city life.
There are some in-house activities like pottery, mat-weaving, fishing etc on which you can try your hand.
I had asked for a complimentary airport drop, as it was not part of the Heritage Villa package. Since I had extended my stay by one day under the same package, I was offered a complimentary airport drop.

On the whole, we had a very memorable stay @ KLR but for few slips here and there. Hope they are rectified by the time we decide to spend another holiday here.

Room Tip: Though we stayed in the Heritage Lake View Villa, we got a chance to check out the meandering pool v...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple