All reviews table tennis lake view mr salim ac cottage budget resort kerala food relaxing experience checking out kumarakom lake excellent resort lakeside houseboat badminton das banks hospitality ambience
Reviewed 17 November 2017

A miniature yet beautiful resort on its own way, apt for a small families, fabulous with its silent environment to give you the right rejuvenation on your holiday. Expect home made Kerala food, prepared graciously by the Chef. You tell him, he makes it for you as you want. The rooms are spacious for 2 families, with 2 bed rooms with attached BRs.

We were in the lake view cottage. The price is affordable and the view is awe inspiring. I don't feel one would get the same view for this price in Kumarakom (when compared to other star properties which provides this view at much higher).

They can arrange a trip into the lake if you can pay some additional charges. I opted for speed boat, we boarded from the lake side wall and took us to the adjoining Alleppey and the uninhabited island 'pathiramanal'. It was truly amazing with Kids enjoying the trip thoroughly.

Some thought may be given on the huge number of mosquitos which gather in the eve hours restricting to keep open doors of the cottage and the time spent in the open in the evenings.

Illkkalam team is a very silent and magnificent team.

Thanks and Regards
Sujith Kumar M R

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side give you the magnificent view into the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sujithkrmr
Salim D, Consultant at Illikkalam Lakeside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Many thanks for your review

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

lllikkalam is a awesome place the cottages are clean, spacious and right on the water front.
The staff is very nice and helpful.
The food is great and the taste is wonderful I would suggest everyone to have food at the facility.
The local cook is experienced and local delicacies are prepared to perfection by the cook.
Fish or Veg Biryani you name it and the food is just great in taste.
The rooms give you a great view of the lake without any obstructions.
Great experience really enjoyed the stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sachin P
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Illikkalam Lakeside Cottages offer quiet budget accommodation in Kumarakom.
The cottages with the lakeside view are peaceful, simple and clean.

This is not a luxury place, and there is not much to do around. As such it is good for families or couples who want to have cheap accommodation, and relax in the garden for hours.

It's a bit difficult to find. There is also no wifi in the rooms, so this place is really for travellers who are not activity / thrill seekers. I was a bit bored , and also the weather wasn't great when I visited, so I checked out after a night. If you're looking for a place with more to do, go to Alleppey instead of Kumarakom.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Hi have visited Kumarakom with my family on Oct 19th-20th and chose lakeview cottages for our stay and it has been a wonderful experience. Mrs Susan, the owner of the property is one of the nicest individuals I had met in the recent times. Very much professional and accommodating. I have contacted her directly from their website and she offered us a great deal. I will definitely recommend Illikalam resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Chaitanya120
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I booked a cottage through Booking.com just two days prior to my check-in date. Once i booked the resort i called them to re-confirm the booking. I tried twice, there was no one to pickup the call. after an hour a lady called back, then i started explaining her that i booked a room through booking.com and my intention was to ask about the services and felicities. Before answering to my queries, she 'jumped in to the gun' and arrogantly asked me to pay the advance to confirm the booking as they are getting lots of booking through booking.com. This made me so upset and the first impression was totally gone even before stepping in to the resort.
ofcourse, all the resorts will ask for the advance from their guests to confirm the booking, but the there is a way to ask don't be so rude.
To the owner of the resort - May be you are getting lots of business now, but if you are handling your costumers like this, you will end up soon with nothing..!
Terrible hospitality !