“Fabulous ”
Review of Gate of India

Gate of India
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Rawtenstall
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: Fully Licensed Exquisite Indian Restaurant in the heart of Rawtenstall
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spur of the moment decision to call in Gate of India and so glad we did as this was one of the best Indian meals we have had in a long time.

From the moment we walked in the door we received superb service from incredibly attentive staff. We went for the set meal for two which at £32 was fantastic value. The poppadoms and pickle tray were tasty. The three starters were lovely and the lamb and chicken curry and naan bread gorgeous. To finish the meal we received a complimentary brandy or Bailey’s and just when it could not get any better we were given a £5 voucher off our next meal. We will definitely be returning.

2  Thank Stevienorm

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I've been here a few times now and every time I've been its been exactly the same in a good way.
Friendly and helpful staff, quick service and always an amazing meal! Food is excellent and one of the best in the valley.

1  Thank kellywilki
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a girls night in and decided to have a takeaway. Having called in for a menu earlier the staff were very professional and friendly. They told me they did delivery to excellent. We placed the order and they informed us it would be about 45 minuets as they were extremely busy. The food arrived within the time and it was well worth the wait. It was outstanding top quality and very fresh food and we will definitely return. Excellent.

1  Thank 22Dubia
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t expecting much from this place after the last restaurant that was there, and was massively shocked!
Ordered 2 curries which were some of the best I’ve had from a takeaway in a long time!
The kids meal (£4.50) was a massive portion that we managed to feed 2 hungry girls with.
The only downside was the delivery time, ran to the cash machine straight after ordering, ran back to the pub to smash a couple of pints (as I expected the normal 45 minutes) and as soon as I ordered the second pint, the wife was on the phone giving me a bollocking as me he had turned up after 25 mins. (He said he was going to wait in the car for me) Had to throw my pint down my neck which gave me a bit of wind.
The free bottle of Budweiser that came with the meal more than made up for this (*and gave me an excuse for the beer breath*)

Will definitely order from here again and it may even make the regular ordering spot for a weekly curry!

1  Thank GaryHolt
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Went here for the first time last night. We were well impressed with the efficient and friendly service and great food. We loved the extensive menu and will be back to sample more dishes. Nice decor and good to see the food served on pre heated plates and dishes.

1  Thank Bern_Hazel