Hotels.com
All reviews lick of paint soho house bike rides certain times captain tide accommodation fridge session walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Osea is truly a unique place to stay. We felt so lucky to visit. It is certainly shabby chic, but in the best possible way - the exterior of our house could use some TLC but inside was gorgeous and so comfortable, with a lovely wood burning oven. We went in May, early in the week, and the place was almost empty, which gave it extra atmosphere. The beaches are pristine with no one on them. The Shack bar was open, with lots of stools around fire pits amongst antiques and old vehicles. This place definitely has a magical vibe. I would say that Osea calls the shots when you are there, not the visitors, so if you are feeling adventurous, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 4 October 2020

Ive lived here for a long time so think im best placed to write a review.

This island doesn't really get many tourists as we would like but this week We had a few visit and stay at our very reasonable hotel. The bar prices are well priced and the food is to die for! They had an absolute amazing time while here, so much so they didn't want to leave! We have fun activities for everyone. The tourists personally enjoyed the beach and the pole standing session we held. The Trailer ride was also a blast.

This week we held a special festival that guess starred Florence and the machine. We had so much food and drink and i must admit I got a little drunk so much I somehow ended up baptised in gravy after we rang the town bell!

Please enjoy your stay and remember you can only visit at certain times due to the tide! Ps. No phones

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
10  Thank Gibbothebaptised
Reviewed 12 September 2020

Osea will forever hold a very special place in my heart. I first visited a year ago with family and friends and have been back regularly ever since.
It’s charm is the idillic rural setting, history of the island and proximity to the sea. Not only that but it’s only an hour and a bit from London.
A stunning location which allows you to roam free on walks along the beach, or bike rides through the fields. I left my dog to roam freely (having the time of her life I might add) knowing that she was safe and couldn’t go anywhere, my friends also did this with their children.
Yes, the houses are quaint and rustic and yes there are a few cobwebs here and there, but that’s it’s charm (this coming from someone who is petrified of spiders). I’m bored of going to yet another ‘perfect’ Soho House where the staff are rude and everyone is up their own ass.
The island creates memories and to me that’s more special than anything money can buy.

Room tip: If you can get the beach front cottage
Date of stay: May 2020
2  Thank Nathalie C
Reviewed 11 September 2020

I went to Osea for the weekend due to corona and I was very surprised by how beautiful the English coast was. The properties were homely and comfortable (Not 5 star) but perfect for us.

We loved the decor and rustic look to them, also reading a national geographic from the 1980's was a history lesson in its own right!

Our best part was swimming in the salty, warm water and enjoying bike rides around the outside of the ocean

It was Swiss family robinson rather than soho house.

Room tip: The coastal properties have sea views
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Vixt83
Reviewed 24 August 2020

Osea Island itself is a beautiful and magical place. But the whole experienced is marred by the fact that the accommodation is extremely dilapidated, dirty and ill-equipped. We paid £400 a night for a 3-bed cottage ("shack" would be a more accurate, and indeed generous description), the state of which you can see from the photos I've added - rotten window frames practically falling out with panes boarded up, filthy sofa and carpet. And on top of that, the most basic kitchen equipment (like casserole dish, toaster, serving dishes, salad bowl, adequate cutlery) is not even provided, let alone a washing machine or bbq utensils! There is no work space in the kitchen at all and we had just one tiny old fridge with barely any freezer space. Which is all crazy as there is no catering on the island for those staying in the cottages, and so you have to do all your meals yourself. When we arrived the last occupants' bathroom rubbish was still in the bin.

Osea Island, with some vision (and far more realistic pricing), could be an amazing experience. But unless you are the sort of person who enjoys paying 5 star prices for a 2 star holidays you will come away feeling you have been ripped off.

Date of stay: August 2020