All reviews half board water villa our honeymoon fish sea plane dolphin watch all inclusive package per day mini bar drinking water curries our waiter palm trees dive centre seaplane transfer pasta guest relations
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Excellent ressort !!! We had a honeymoon there, and everything was just perfect - the room, the service, the food.

We were in the room on the water - and it is excellent way to spend a honeymoon - it is private, and you can jump to the water right from the balcony.
The only minus is that that they had their sport facilities closed due to changing subcontractor - but it was still ok with ut

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lostenka
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

Good 4 star resort. Excellent snorkeling and fishing trips. Very good bar at reasonable prices for Maldives. Service is 5 star by staff obviously within the limitations of the hotel.

Could do with upgrading some of their facilities. E.g. board games old. No sailing catamaran like in the past.

Buffet food is very good. A la carte if you pick half board less so.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank ChristianLeu
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We just arrived back from the resort. We spent there 12 nights, 2 families.
I start with good things. It will be short.
The stuff is very-very friendly, polite and helpful. They saved the resort from scandal.
The overall experience was good. Maldives itself garantee the good vacation.
I have to emphasize, we travel a lot, I have experiance to compare hotels and places.

Food sortiment is very poor. Shame. You can follow meal to meal, how the supply used, and no more.
I always had to fight for bananas at breakfast, papayas, coconuts. Other islands grows there own,or order enough. The cheapest item there.
We had granny smiths apples,plenty.
No restaurant manager, everybody does what he wants, making guests for waiting.
No control,no supervising, no organizing. When the hotel was full,the supply collapsed.
Other issue is drinking water. There is not enough bottle to fill up,we always had to collect from different sources our daily drinking water.
Internet, wifi.
There is no wifi at bungalows at all.
At the bar, recepeption and restaurant only.
CHARGEABLE!!! NO JOKE! aaand: one acces, one device. In an average family nowdays there are 2 mobiles,1 tablet,1 laptop.
So when your wife using internet, and you want to work on your laptop,you have to wait, or buy two acess!!!
Good business. We spent at least 100USD only for internet.
There is s shop,where you can by internet acces, two times daily, so you have take care of timing, because if the shop is closed......you wait. I was just in a banking transfer,when my acces was over,and I couldn't run immediately to the shop, because it was closed. Pretty embarassing!
Absolutely incompetent management, bad restaurant control.
The only fishes the poorest reef fish,and sometimes tuna.
In the middle of Indian ocean.
Reef fish at lunch,reef fish at diner, reef fish sashimi. Sometimes tuna.
The bungalows the same,as everywhere around, no compliment.
The stuff tried to save all critical situation with kindness and politeness, but my opinion is,that I payed 100% usable money, so I expect 100% service, what they promissed.
For me never again this place.
I would suggest to rate 3 stars for this resort, and there is no surprise.
And at the end: the resort gave a big discount to chinese travel agencies.
At the restaurant we felt like to be in a china town.
Its a different story,how do they play at restaurant!
The weather is nice, the island is beautiful, people are very kind.
I think the biggest problem, there isn't any experienced hotel manager,who organize the work.
Upps,one more issue. All aruond Maldives at the hotels you get snorkel equipmets for free. We didn't take our own.
Here I had to rent it for USD. That's the diving center's business.
No comment.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank ktomek
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We got married in the UK in July 2015 and were looking for somewhere to go for our honeymoon.

We had visited Medufushi several times before and we decided that was where we wished to enjoy our delayed honeymoon.

From the moment we arrived when we were met off the plane by many familiar faces we had a wonderful 14 days at the resort.

The resort manager Hussain Naeem and the front of office manager Mohamed Faiz were absolutely brilliant and as it was our honeymoon and a return visit they organised an amazing evening meal on the beech for us one evening.

The whole staff we met were some of the friendliest people you could wish to meet.

There are so many to mention but in no particular order they were Andu (guest relations), Motrin (bar and restaurant), Zameer (waiter in dining room) and Dinesh on front desk. Oh and I nearly forgot the chef whose name I am unable to mention. There were many others including the delightful ladies in the spa.

The food was a buffet but there was plenty of choice and the accommodation which we had was a Water Villa which on our arrival was decorated with flowers saying welcome back well the bed was decorated. A lovely touch,

Both Kathy and I are now counting our pennies to see if we can possibly afford to return next year. Hopefully we can get cheaper air fares!!

All in all a wonderful experience and a very big thank you to all the staff

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sammollard
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Let me start by declaring that this is our third visit to Medhufushi, we have not stayed at any other locations in the Maldives.
Within minutes of arrival you can feel the stress reducing. The slight breeze, warm air and peace and quiet hits you quickly.
We had a Villa suite which is 2 x 2 br villas connected and we were a family of four. Accommodation was perfect. It is simple but very comfortable. Some people complain about a few ants in the outdoor bathroom, not an issue. The outdoor shower is sooo nice.
All meals were great. We were not disappointed once in relation to the quality or variety of food available at the main buffet. We were on half board so had either room service of al a carte for lunch. The only criticism I have regarding the restaurant is the meal times. Breakfast is too early and dinner is too late. Breakfast is from 07:30-09:45 and dinner is from 19:30-21:30. Not the end of the world but it means you cannot sleep in and if you have children they will be going to bed late and are usually pretty hungry by the end of the day.
As mentioned by others Medhufushi does not have a house reef so it has a free boat trip each day to a range of nearby reefs. In a way this could be better than a house reef. On the boat trips we saw dolphins and turtles and visited several different snorkelling sites as well as meeting many other guests. When we first visited this island in 2002 the surrounding waters were crystal clear with no weed. There is now a lot of weed which does not smell but makes swimming at some spots around the island less appealing. That being said we did swim and snorkel around the resort. There are quite a few fish and rays to see.
My son (12 yo) did the introduction dive through the diving centre. He enjoyed it so much he ended up completing his open water diving certification over the next three days. The instructors were very good demonstrating a lot of patience and attention to detail.
Wifi at the resort was $100 per week and only available in public areas. Easier to get a local sim on arrival at the airport in Male. I paid $45 for the sim and 4gb data and the topped up another 3gb for $14.
The resort had a "wine passport" deal which was but 4 bottles @ $30/bottle and get one free. Wine was nice and this was reasonably priced.
The kids had jet ski and fun bed rises and we did a dolphin watching trip, all good experiences and reasonable priced.
There was a Christmas supplement which was mandatory but the staff did a great job making it a very special evening. Overall the staff were very polite and helpful. I had a problem with my account which should be resolved during the next week ( I was incorrectly charged for an amount and did not realize until after I had paid).

In summary we had a wonderful time at Medhufushi, the entire family ranked it as one of our best holidays ever. That being said I think we might try somewhere else next time we go to the Maldives simply to be able to offer a comparison.

Date of stay: December 2015