This was my fifth visit to the Maldives, first time solo and first time at Summer Island.
First of all I would like to thank all the people working on Summer Island to make me feel at home and congratulate them on the fine job they are doing!
I stayed at a water villa on the sunset side and this is according to me the best choice, lots of privacy, private access to the ocean and you can dine in the restaurant only for the guests in the water villas or premium beach villas.
As I stayed already at other islands in the Maldives I could compare them with the following results :
The good thing was that the water villas are perfect and certain a plus for Summer Island, good for 5 stars!
The bad thing was: the food was not so good, for breakfast there was not much choice and every day the same. For lunch there was a menu and you could eat salads but they did not have for example a bbq with fresh fish or anything like that. For dinner again a menu you could chose from with curries and so, but again the quality was not so good. This needs definitely some improvement!
The ugly was : I did a walk around the island ones and I think first of all they need to renovate all the cushions of the beach loungers this was really bad to see how old they were and that was also my overall impression of the island although it was renovated in 2015. The rooms maybe nice inside but on the outside there is still room for improvement, I did get a 3 star feeling walking around on the island..
Summer Island is a good resort to stay, but not so high standard as the other islands I have been, but if you are on a budget it is ok but definitely stay in the water villas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Island Maldives is a truly beautiful, new 'barefoot' resort owned and managed by people from the Maldives. Truly the perfect Maldivian Barefoot Holiday where Summer Never Ends. A holiday at Summer is really a journey of discovery more than a holiday. Take a seaplane to a fairytale lagoon and walk barefoot on fine sand the colour of icing sugar and feel it tickle your soles. Learn to navigate a coral reef and fulfil your Maldivian adventure with dolphins and turtles. Live in ocean villas suspended over jewelled waters or stay in land villas with sublime ocean views - the choice is yours. Feast on international cuisines touched with a hint of Maldivian flavour and unwind at our over-water spa with our classic offerings to knead your tension away. Discover your destination playground at Summer Island Maldives where Summer Never Ends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Summer Island Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Island Village Hotel North Male Atoll
- Summer Island Village Maldives
- Summer Island Village Resort