“Very good”

Summer Island Maldives
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

A nice place to visit this is my 5th resort in maldives that I visited very peaceful and staffs are so kind we had a great time there. It's a perfect getaway. You can see the sunset in the sides of the ocean if there is no clouds and the swimming pool is so nice but it's not accessible at night

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Srijith N
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Srijith N,

Thank you for visiting us and the lovely review. We hope to have you again with us soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Visited Summer Island for the fourth time in early June only with my two kids for a short break.

As usual, it's a true value for money destination with the fullboard plus package, which I have always enjoyed the facilities, food and beverage and the comfort.

The staff at the restaurant was very helpful since I was managing 2 kids under 5years, alone.

I would surely visit Summer Island again, soon!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Yasas Sri D
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for visiting us and your very kind review.

We look forward to your visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Since my first vacation on SIM in October'15 was simply dreamable, I'd booked again this place in October'16 and haven't regretted it! Although the manager had changed, it was just perfect. I had a SuperiorVista room which was cozy, very clean with an open air bathroom. I loved the smell of the bed clothes and the towels which is unique. The staff is always friendly and smiling. Also a reason why I booked again this island. I had a lot of fun with them and they all took care very well about me!! Even because it is not a 5star resort, the staff is down to earth, open-minded and allowed to speak to the guests. This is what I really liked! The food was again delicious and I had the feeling also a bit better. The only thing which can be improved, and I mentioned it in my first review too, is the music in the bar. If I want to listen to German speaking folk music like Hulapalu or Helene Fischer I would book the Ballermann on Mallorca but not the Indian Ocean ;-) You should play more typical Maldivian music in the bar to keep the atmosphere of this beautiful place.
But all in one the island is a dream and I really enjoyed my vacation there. I will definitely return for a third time and can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Natalie G

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for visiting us again and your very kind review.

Excellent suggestion on the music in the bar, I will make sure that we have more local songs playing.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The island itself is breathtaking. The water villas were equipped with everything that we needed. The staff was very helpful. The spa was exceptional. This is indeed a destination that should not be missed by any traveler. The Perfect couples gateway!!! Will indeed be visiting summer island Maldives very soon once again..

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tirantha M,

Thank you for visiting us and your very kind review.

We look forward to your visit again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

With a torrential rain kicking in, weak internet to follow, activities suspended due to the weather, the staff and location of Summer Island was the PERFECT RETREAT to do absolutely nothing. For any request I've asked, the staff were quick to deliver - from an upgrade of my room (superior vista to water villa), to helping me get setup temporary with 3G connection for my pending important work, to offering a rain jacket and muscle relaxant ointment at no cost when needed. The complimentary snorkeling trip was worth every minute - so much to see underwater from parrot fish to turtles and stunning reefs! The 10 minute free upper body massage at the spa was award winning. The live band one day of the week was exceptionally good and as a solo traveler, kept me entertained. Everything was within budget for a high end deliverable. If anyone is wishing to visit Maldives and cannot afford to splurge excessively, Summer Island seals the deal with being wallet friendly and delivering what the other 5 star resorts deliver - exceptional service. I highly recommend staying here and if you can book into the water villa - DO IT in a heartbeat. Raafu the assistant manager is one incredible human as is, his staff. THANK YOU! :)

Room Tip: The sunset view water villas are the best.