Summer Island Maldives
One&Only Reethi Rah(Reethirah Island)
US$1,650
US$327
  • Pool
Coco Bodu Hithi(Bodu Hithi Island)
US$689
US$485
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$569/night.

Coco Prive(North Male Atoll)
US$45,000
Preferred Hotels
Makunudu Island(Makunudu Island)
US$350
US$245
  • Breakfast included
Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
US$660
Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
US$281
Travelocity
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$399/night.

US$550
  • Breakfast included
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives(Kodhipparu Island)
US$525
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater villaoverwater restaurantfishcurriesroom was spotlessly cleansuperior bungalowsuperior beachsugar syrupaffordable ratesinfinity pooltwo hour waitstandard restaurantgreat dive sitesa la carte restaurantrated resortssnorkel tripmagical stay
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Visited Summer Island for the fourth time in early June only with my two kids for a short break.

As usual, it's a true value for money destination with the fullboard plus package, which I have always enjoyed the facilities, food and beverage and the comfort.

The staff at the restaurant was very helpful since I was managing 2 kids under 5years, alone.

I would surely visit Summer Island again, soon!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Yasas Sri D
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for visiting us and your very kind review.

We look forward to your visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Since my first vacation on SIM in October'15 was simply dreamable, I'd booked again this place in October'16 and haven't regretted it! Although the manager had changed, it was just perfect. I had a SuperiorVista room which was cozy, very clean with an open air bathroom. I loved the smell of the bed clothes and the towels which is unique. The staff is always friendly and smiling. Also a reason why I booked again this island. I had a lot of fun with them and they all took care very well about me!! Even because it is not a 5star resort, the staff is down to earth, open-minded and allowed to speak to the guests. This is what I really liked! The food was again delicious and I had the feeling also a bit better. The only thing which can be improved, and I mentioned it in my first review too, is the music in the bar. If I want to listen to German speaking folk music like Hulapalu or Helene Fischer I would book the Ballermann on Mallorca but not the Indian Ocean ;-) You should play more typical Maldivian music in the bar to keep the atmosphere of this beautiful place.
But all in one the island is a dream and I really enjoyed my vacation there. I will definitely return for a third time and can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Natalie G

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for visiting us again and your very kind review.

Excellent suggestion on the music in the bar, I will make sure that we have more local songs playing.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The island itself is breathtaking. The water villas were equipped with everything that we needed. The staff was very helpful. The spa was exceptional. This is indeed a destination that should not be missed by any traveler. The Perfect couples gateway!!! Will indeed be visiting summer island Maldives very soon once again..

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tirantha M,

Thank you for visiting us and your very kind review.

We look forward to your visit again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

With a torrential rain kicking in, weak internet to follow, activities suspended due to the weather, the staff and location of Summer Island was the PERFECT RETREAT to do absolutely nothing. For any request I've asked, the staff were quick to deliver - from an upgrade of my room (superior vista to water villa), to helping me get setup temporary with 3G connection for my pending important work, to offering a rain jacket and muscle relaxant ointment at no cost when needed. The complimentary snorkeling trip was worth every minute - so much to see underwater from parrot fish to turtles and stunning reefs! The 10 minute free upper body massage at the spa was award winning. The live band one day of the week was exceptionally good and as a solo traveler, kept me entertained. Everything was within budget for a high end deliverable. If anyone is wishing to visit Maldives and cannot afford to splurge excessively, Summer Island seals the deal with being wallet friendly and delivering what the other 5 star resorts deliver - exceptional service. I highly recommend staying here and if you can book into the water villa - DO IT in a heartbeat. Raafu the assistant manager is one incredible human as is, his staff. THANK YOU! :)

Room Tip: The sunset view water villas are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank NouraDXB

Dear NouraDXB,

Thank you for visiting us and your very kind review on Summer Island Maldives.

We hope to welcome you back in again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

It's 100%, completely and totally, true.
All the guests, about 30 travelers(from Germany, Switzerland, Korea, and other countries), who checked out at 4pm and scheduled to leave at five on 21 May were almost died.
Have you ever seen a movie, 'The perfect storm'? Yes, we were.
Imagine drifting about that dark stormy ocean almost 4 hours with dead engine. That's a hell of time.
All the guests half blacked out with endless vomiting and fear.

The engine of the transfer boat died about 25 minutes after departure. We had dirfted over stomy seas like leaves and rescued almost 3 hours later by a salvage boat.
We barely arrived at the port after 4 hours from the departure.
All suitcase and bags of the guests were wet. My 3 dslr cameras(Canon 5D MK3, 6D, 800D) and 3 lenses(Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM, 16-35mm f4, 50.8) were dead, too.

About two-thirds of the guest missed their flights. Despite what they promised to arrange with the proble after the accident, we waited almost 24 hours for our return tickets.
Worst of all, they insisted that they have no reponsibility instead of a official apology.
'No reponsibility' is the first words of them. Can you understand it?
They insisted the accident was due to weather.
Definitely not weather, but dead engine of the transfer boat. The boat was the only boat rescued by a salvage boat out of numerous boats of Maldives.

The resort is unmanaged despite its small size. Musty rooms, the fallen leaves spread all over the villa, seaweed washed up on a beach, and staff shortage. And too narrow selection width of meals. Disaster itself.
They say that they are a 4 star resort. It's under 3 star. Don't waste your precious holidays for the cheap price. A cheap purchase is money lost.

And you can lost your precious life, too.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank photopen
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Dear photopen,

In response to your review, I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the long delay in getting you to the airport on 21 May.

As you know, our speedboat, which was taking passengers to Velana International Airport, suffered an engine malfunction en route. This malfunction was caused by large monsoon waves washing into the vessel and flooding its engine.

Our speedboats are equipped to travel in stormy weather, and our boat crew is experienced navigating through choppy waters. However, on this occasion, the weather got the better of us and the speedboat was unable to make it to the airport.

When the boat's engine malfunctioned, the crew engaged emergency protocols, and assistance was immediately requested from both the Maldives coastguard and a nearby resort. I would like to underscore that our emergency protocols worked well, and that at no point were guests placed in danger. Both the coastguard and the nearby resort assisted in ensuring guests reached the airport safely, albeit late.

Guests who missed their flights were provided accommodation, free of charge, at our hotel in Male' until their rescheduled flights.

In regards to your damaged luggage and camera equipment, we have not received details of the damages. We urge you to send these details to us as soon as possible so we can ensure that you are properly compensated.

Following the speedboat incident, we have revised our airport transfer times during the monsoon season. From now on, all departures will leave the resort at 1600 hrs to ensure guests make their flights even during bad weather.

Please allow me to extend my apologies once again.

Yours sincerely,