All reviews the pub highly recommend the steak baguette new owners great food bite to eat steak night yorkshire pudding sense of humour definitely worth a visit piping hot hidden gem roast beef small village new venture north yorkshire friendly welcome
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is a special Pub with the guys J&A who run it making every effort to ensure the customers enjoy their visit. The food is delicious, generous portions and well presented. There are 'Special nights' such as for Steak and Fish/Chips. It is always a positive sign if you have a good mix of locals and visitors. This Pub (with comfortable rooms) is much talked about in the area. We wish John and Aaron all the best in their new venture and we will be back for sure.

Stayed: March 2018
Manager C, Manager at Craven Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Brilliant review thanks for taking the time to leave us such brilliant feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

On Saturday 21st April 2018 myself, and my mates completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge which finishes in the next village. My mates were staying in the Craven Heifer, and I was camping nearby. Despite not being a guest, the two guys who run the pub couldn’t have been more helpful and welcoming. The food was second to none, the service excellent, the locals friendly and the pub clean and inviting.
To top it all, despite knowing I wasn’t a guest, I was unexpectedly offered breakfast the next day with my mates!
A great country pub with great staff, which I know, both I and my mates will be revisiting next time we take on The Three Peaks!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kev R
Manager C, Manager at Craven Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks lads ! It was a pleasure having you. Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We had a week in stainforth and were in the pub for a bit most days. Very clean and friendly staff. We eat on steak night on Thursday and had what was the best pub meal we have had for ages. Steaks were delicious and desserts the same. Highly recommended plus they don't advertise it but they have sky tv for those who like a sporting fix after a days walking.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank darrenfellows72
Manager C, Manager at Craven Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thanks for your brilliant review we are glad you enjoyed your steaks !!!!

Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The new management has transformed this lovely Dales pub/restaurant to its former glory and we were delighted to book it for a special anniversary venue and party for family who had their wedding reception there several decades ago. It is a clean, cosy, traditional pub with wholesome food, a varied menu and management that wants to be sure the guests are satisfied. There are rooms that can be booked for an overnight stay, car parking close by and an altogether good experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LPW24
Manager C, Manager at Craven Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for giving us such a glowing review. I'm so glad your family and friends enjoyed their visit, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited on a Sunday evening ,the pub was very quiet and we chose to sit in the bar to eat as it seemed much more cosy than the dining room. The food was good and the service was ok but the people serving were not particularly friendly

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank soophill
Manager C, Owner at Craven Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your food. !

We have now had a “refresh” of our service team since Easter Sunday. I apologise if you didn’t receive the best service durIng your visit.

During transitional periods of team members arriving or leaving we appreciate all feedback. If you wanted to give me a call and eleborate on your experience I would appreciate it so we can prevent this from happening again and offer you a gesture of good will.

Customer service is very important to us so please do try to contact me on 01729 822435 and ask for John.