Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Judith W

Nightmare on Elm Street

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Aug 2018
My Husband and I booked 4 nights here on the 11th of August paid for our room only to find out it smelled really bad and with my husband being on OXYGEN we went back to the office to see about getting another room for the same price no way would this lady give us another room being we traveled over 3 hours away . so we requested our money back after 3 attempts..to do so .. cause she never knew how to use the machine . So she stated she refunded the money . I called my bank and it was not put back she told us it takes 24 to 48 hours oh well in order to stay someplace else. I thought the money would be put right in we was not leaving without our refund .. So guess what I called the RCMP... she was rude could not talk to her so I ended up yelling at her to shut the F up ...GUESS WHAT the money is still not put back in our accounts... so I guess come monday if the money is not there we will take her to small CLAIMS COURT
Date of stay: August 2018
Room Tip: sucks worst place ever
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Navigator40488841711, Manager at Avon River Motel, responded to this review
Responded 14 Apr 2019
I'm the owner of Avon River Motel.

The fact is: the lady who worked in the motel gave you the refund right after you decided to cancel the room even though you had used the room already.

You believed you would received the money right away which needs take at least a day to back on your account. The RCMP office was called, the visa machine offer was called. The answer was: the money had been refunded.

We all know why you treated us that way: language, rude, yelling....... except punch on the small lady's face.

Avon River Motel has been doing business over 7 years, we never charged anyone an extra cent without a reason.

Be good faith to everyone. don't matter where did they came from.

RM 851
RM 608
    RM 635
20.9 km from Avon River Motel
Free parking
Valley View of Minas Basin and new solar panel roofing system.
RM 705
    RM 631
    RM 631
    RM 960
21.8 km from Avon River Motel
View more hotels in Falmouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This motel has been renovated and everything looks brand new inside the room and bathroom. The room is equipped with a small fridge, tv and microwave. It is not too far from the main street. I would suggest a light outside the door should be added for renters who arrive after dark.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fearless3050
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

not fancy at all but clean and reno'd, quiet and family operated. easy walk to beach and downtown. Just off highway and a great place to just sleep.
I understand there are even better rates for longer term guests.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We found the motel clean much better than the larger hotel in the area where there was mold on the curtains and along the tub. The price was reasonable and the staff friendly and accommodating. I would and have gone back to this motel several times and will continue to do so in the future.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

It was your run of the mill motel room, staff was super nice. Loved our trip and would definitely return again. Went for windsor pumpkin regatta, absolutely awesome weekend, definitely recommend to any and all.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Yuck. Just yuck.

I was in town for a horse show and this was the only option left.

It was 10:30pm when I pulled in. It was so dark that I had to feel for the steps leading up to the walkway. Then I had to feel along the walls in order to figure out the room numbers. There was very limited outdoor lighting.

It seemed like everyone staying there was sitting on benches outside their rooms. This was a foreshadowing of the room temperature.

I had to finally use the flashlight on my cell phone in order to confirm I was unlocking the correct door.

The temperature that day was 30 degrees Celsius and with the humidex it was close to 40. I was livid to find the room had no air conditioning -the window was open and there was a fan. The room was like an oven. No wonder so many people were sitting outside.

There were tons of cobwebs, the bathroom fixtures need to be replaced, and two spiders were on the bathroom ceiling. The bathroom window used to have privacy frosting but it's been peeled off and there was no curtain. Anyone walking by could look right in. The bathroom baseboards had mold, the room smelled like cheap air freshener and the sheets were not clean.
I had no choice but to stay a second night in this place and the room was not serviced while I was gone for the day. Apparently I was supposed to do something with a card to indicate the room needed servicing - there was no card!

Bottom line - this is an awful place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2016