Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sharei S

Yuck!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jul 2023
Atrocious! The absolute filthiest place I have ever slept in! Dirty carpets, dirty walls, dirty sheets, dirty tub, dirty dresser drawers - just nasty! Towels that “used to be white” are dingy brown and hung to dry! Pretty sure the only reason we didn’t see bedbugs was because they came and decided they could find better accomodations elsewhere! I showered with my shoes on and dried myself with toilet paper! If it hadn’t been raining I would have camped instead! There was seriously nothing else available!
They have a whole row of drug addict housing on the side with people up at all hours of the night!
Don’t do it! Sleep in your car - or under a bypass even! Anything else would be better!
Date of stay: July 2023
    RM 635
  • ZenHotels.com
20.9 km from Avon River Motel
Free parking
Valley View of Minas Basin and new solar panel roofing system.
RM 705
    RM 631
    RM 631
    RM 960
21.8 km from Avon River Motel
View more hotels in Falmouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2021 via mobile

The place is updated, rooms are clean but could use a little TLC, it's great for the price and in a good location. I loved the deep tub, it was relaxing after a very hot long day on the road. I got here late and i glad I came. In description, it sais nothing about Air conditioning but there is and that was a big bonus for me!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2019

I stayed here for 2 weeks for vacation I really liked the location and the fact that I could do laundry on site. It’s an older motel and isn’t fancy but it’s perfect if your looking for a low cost place to stay. The owner was very accommodating and this was a nice quiet spot and still close to all the amenities you need. Couple of downfalls was the tv’s was older and kind of small and the beds in the room I was in wasn’t very comfortable. But I would definitely stay here again next time I’m back in Nova Scotia.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

oldest dog house i have ever seen.so dirty and stunk so bad i would not dream of letting my dog stay there over night let alone a human beeing .the host was a screamer when we decided not to take the rooms and when we asked for our money to be refunded .it got bad enoughthat we had to call the RCMPto try and deal with this matter . if there are anyone out there please do yourself a favor and drive far away from there as possible .do not get mixed upwith that person that owns the place . i won't get into the whole situation on here but this is just heads up for what you would be in for . rudness ,dirt, filth and lets not forget stupidness and in my opinion tries to rip you off ever chance she gets . last words STAY AWAY not worth the hassle.

Room tip: find anouther place to stay cause there you could cat-h anything
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My Husband and I booked 4 nights here on the 11th of August paid for our room only to find out it smelled really bad and with my husband being on OXYGEN we went back to the office to see about getting another room for the same price no way would this lady give us another room being we traveled over 3 hours away . so we requested our money back after 3 attempts..to do so .. cause she never knew how to use the machine . So she stated she refunded the money . I called my bank and it was not put back she told us it takes 24 to 48 hours oh well in order to stay someplace else. I thought the money would be put right in we was not leaving without our refund .. So guess what I called the RCMP... she was rude could not talk to her so I ended up yelling at her to shut the F up ...GUESS WHAT the money is still not put back in our accounts... so I guess come monday if the money is not there we will take her to small CLAIMS COURT

Room tip: sucks worst place ever
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Navigator40488841711, Manager at Avon River Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

I'm the owner of Avon River Motel.

The fact is: the lady who worked in the motel gave you the refund right after you decided to cancel the room even though you had used the room already.

You believed you would received the money right away which needs take at least a day to back on your account. The RCMP office was called, the visa machine offer was called. The answer was: the money had been refunded.

We all know why you treated us that way: language, rude, yelling....... except punch on the small lady's face.

Avon River Motel has been doing business over 7 years, we never charged anyone an extra cent without a reason.

Be good faith to everyone. don't matter where did they came from.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This motel has been renovated and everything looks brand new inside the room and bathroom. The room is equipped with a small fridge, tv and microwave. It is not too far from the main street. I would suggest a light outside the door should be added for renters who arrive after dark.

Date of stay: October 2017