“Birthday surprise”
Review of Cara Suites

Cara Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claxton Bay
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My friend an i were impressed by both the service an atmosphere at this hotel. I surprised my friend with a staycation for his birthday here an the staff were very accomadating. The views are amazing..the food was delicious..an on point both dinner an breakfast..although we loved the buffet breakfast more! The staff was very attentive an ready to serve. After dinner they surprised him with cake an a lovely personalized card..it was endearing...they made our experience a very good one.
The rooms ..omg.!.we stayed in the executive wing an enjoyed every minute of it.the bathrooms were clean an the bed was most comfortable.
The pool was the only mediocre thing at this hotel. The bottom is very rough an my friend actualy got scraped..but nonetheless we enjoyed it.
Thank u guys for a lovely memorable time.. hope to revisit soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ThomHassel, General Manager at Cara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review related to your recent stay at our property.

We are pleased to have met and in some instances exceed the expectations of you and your friend and do hope there will be other opportunities to be of service to you in the future.

We have also taken note of the comment related to the pool.

Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My niece was getting married and recommended that place that was used for all visitors to her worked. She raved that it was very nice and relaxing. We got there late that night after the wedding. The person in duty was rude and acted as we inconvenienced him to actually check us in. The hotel was prepaid in full. He needed a passport for every family member and TOOK a copy of all passports. When questioned he said it was there policy and when I read the policy it was not there. It was a rainy night and after some hesitation he asked someone to open the side gate for us. The room was very drab and the air was off and took a while for it to get cold. Small pillows smaller than standard size and some cheese sandwich plate with a tiny apple that we did not bother to try.

The next morning my son and I went o explore the place and the employees did not even say good morning to us. The view was okay and the pool adequate but again the unfriendly workers made this place uncomfortable and even though we had to find a place for another night, this would NOT BE THE CHOICE!

So don't get fooled by the advertising as this is not a good choice for a family stay unless you want a view of a hill with grass. We made the best of the situation be we paid for 2 rooms at $330 plus for less than 12 hours and would not recommend this "cold" place for a representation of Trinidad and Tobago and it's spirit. I gave one star as it will not allow zero.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DJJJp
ThomHassel, General Manager at Cara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear DJJJp,

Thank you taking the opportunity to share your experience related to your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to first apologize for the first impression that you would have gleaned from the interaction with our staff, whose attempt to maintain the hotel's policy, as its related to IDs came as an aggravation to you and your family, who may have been exhausted and wanted to get to your rooms quickly. To remove any ambiguity related to the particular policy, the hotel have stationed a wooden engraved plaque atop the reception desk to provide any needed clarification for the benefit of all our valued hotel guests.

The hotel also prepares a complimentary light snack for persons holding guaranteed reservations, whose arrival fall after the meal service period, just to tie them over till breakfast time. While this is usually welcomed by persons who would have traveled for an extended period in getting to the hotel, this was not the case for you and your family, having attended a wedding.

In closing, let me assure you that all Reviews are received constructively and all feedback, such as your will be helpful in developing our future customer service enhancement programs.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Cara suites is a nice Hotel, the Pool and the area is clean.
The rooms and bathrooms very nice and clean. The food is good and the personal very very friendly. The panorama from the bar is very nice. I like this Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
ThomHassel, General Manager at Cara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Ulrich M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 'Cara' experience.

We are pleased that our service levels and offerings met your expectations and we do look forward to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here for a week at the end of July. I have stayed here before as a Contractor working at the plants in the vicinity, but I have never brought my family before.
The hotel is very professional, but the customer service is definitely lacking. Interestingly enough, I think it has to do with underpaid and unhappy employees. The employees will consistently remind you that if you leave a tip, they don't receive it unless you pay them cash. There is already a service charge on all of your invoices, but it is unclear who receives that as well.
It all makes perfect sense when you sit down at the bar, and watch the bartenders playing on their phones, talking to each other, and completely ignoring the guests. Getting a drink can be a feat, but it makes sense if you assume that they are not paid any more to help you than if they ignore you.
The restaurant has a dress code. I never noticed it when I was dressed for work. When I came here with my family to relax and enjoy the Caribbean, I found out that men can't wear shorts in the dining area. It was funny to hear that we could stay and eat, but we would have to go out back where there was no AC. Funnier still is that the whole week, we never saw anyone else in the room (restaurant).
The rooms are clean and everyone is professional. If you are working at any one of the plants in the area, this is a smart place to stay.
If you are with your family, and are looking to "relax in the Caribbean", you might want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Joshua W
ThomHassel, General Manager at Cara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Joshua W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at our hotel.

Based on your description of the some of the service staff actions during your time spent at the Lobby Bar, I wish to sincerely apologize for the quality of customer service you and your family may have received and your comments will definitely help to guide some aspects of our future training initiatives to mitigate future service related short-comings.

Our 'Dress Code' policy for the Metropolitan Restaurant has been in place since 2012 and is enforced primarily for evening dining, but much more relaxed for our breakfast and lunch meal periods.

I am concerned about your comments and assumptions about the financial arrangements between the company and its employees, as they are firstly not factual and secondly, they seeks to undermine the good reputation of the hotel and our professionalism that transcends all of our established business practices.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Spent the weekend there with family to celebrate my birthday..I must say that I was very impressed with the hospitality of the employees especially those in the dining room.They did everything to make my birthday special...they even made me a card and the special chocolate cake was overly delicious.We had a special buffet dinner prepared for the group of 16..Everything was on point.....from the salad bar to the dessert table. There was a wide variety of food to choose from which I must say was very scrumptious.The buffet breakfast was a mix of local and continental which was very delicious. I must commend the staff for going out of their way to please the kids in our group .We got 4 adjoining rooms overlooking the ocean with a spectacular view.Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. We were also close to the pool which was very convenient for the kids.Everyone enjoyed their stay tremendously...We will be back !!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms with balconies are the best