“Amazing adventures with Del Mar Extreme”
Review of Del Mar Extreme - CLOSED

Del Mar Extreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Del Mar Extreme specializes in all inclusive multi-sport, fitness & adventure tours & vacations in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. Sport tours include: Stand Up Paddling (SUP), Mountain Biking, Hiking & Surfing. Fitness classes include: Kickboxing, TRX, Boxing, Yoga, Pilates & Zumba. Why not go on vacation, and change your life?
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My sister and I were fortunate to find Del Mar Extreme on our first trip to Jaco, Costa Rica!!! We never had a dull moment with our energy packed itinerary of running, hiking, yoga, and pilates. We also took our first surf and SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) lessons, which were definitely highlights of our trip! The tropical surroundings were amazing and the staff at Del Mar Extreme were phenomenal!!! This vacation was just what we needed not only to unwind, but also motivate my sister to improve our health regimes through nutrition and exercise. Between the fresh local food and Del Mar Extreme activities, we actually returned from our vacation in better shape than when we arrived. Most importantly, we had a blast doing it!!! I highly recommend Del Mar Extreme to anyone who is visiting the Jaco area, as it certainly contributed to why Costa Rica is our new favorite vaction spot!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2011

I had booked a 5 day surf camp with Del Mar Surf Camp and wanted to try some other activities to get the blood moving. Del Mar Extreme hooked me up with a morning of SUPing- stand up paddling- and I was not disappointed! Allison from Del Mar Extreme made it look SOOO easy but I was the first one that day to take a "swim". With some encouragement (and deeper knee bends), I was finally cruising along the Costa Rican coast on the way to an insane waterfall! One of my favorite memories of the entire trip! After our paddle, we were treated to fresh fruit on the beach that was an amazingly refreshing end to a challenging workout. Thanks Allison!!

I also got the chance to go out with out with a private guide for a morning of mountain biking that week. Incredible! Monkeys were running through the trees right off our path and the calls of the tucans were constant. Del Mar Extreme hooked me up with a bike and they were on the ball when I hit some glass on the road and got 2 flats. 10 minutes later we were back on our way! The ride finished back at the beach with a well deserved Imperial beer and some seriously sore quads!

Lastly, a very special thanks to the gang at Del Mar Extreme who made me feel like a true member of the family during my visit to Coast Rica! I was traveling solo over the US Thanksgiving holiday and was invited to join them for a traditional dinner of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc! Your hospitality was amazing and I am truely honored to have shared the experience with your extended family and friends! Above and beyond and for that, I thank you!

I believe they offer some kickboxing type of classes but I didn't give those a try. If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica and want want more than just the experience of napping on the beach, give Del Mar Extreme a call. Beers taste better after a good sweat after all!

Reviewed 8 April 2011

I was looking for an active vacation and I never in my wildest dreams imagined I’d find something as amazing as Del Mar Extreme! I learned how to surf and stand up paddle and also got to try some amazing things for the first time, such as canopying and ATVing. Yoga in the jungle was unreal and hiking was ridiculously beautiful. It was so wonderful not to have to worry about where to go or what to do – the ladies at Del Mar literally handled every little detail and were more fun than anyone I could have transported to Costa Rica with me. Your vacation research can stop here – hands down the best!!!

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I had a blast adventuring with Del Mar Extreme. The equipment was top notch and the staff was even better. For the first time in my life, I tried SUPing, and with their help, I was able to pick it up immediately and have a blast doing it. And when we all went mountain biking, I finally met my match. The trails were beautiful and we moved at an enjoyable and relatively quick pace. I can't wait to go back to Costa Rica and do it all again.