“Perfect way to get some fitness and activity while in Jaco Beach”
Review of Del Mar Extreme - CLOSED

Del Mar Extreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Del Mar Extreme specializes in all inclusive multi-sport, fitness & adventure tours & vacations in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. Sport tours include: Stand Up Paddling (SUP), Mountain Biking, Hiking & Surfing. Fitness classes include: Kickboxing, TRX, Boxing, Yoga, Pilates & Zumba. Why not go on vacation, and change your life?
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Del Mar Extreme Fitness was excellent to deal with. They are affiliated with Del Mar Surf, and do cooperative things with them, but are their own company. The owner, Allison is very customer focused, very warm, friendly and accomodating. Don't let the name extreme scare you, they can adapt to any level you are looking for. They offer an al la carte program where you just buy classes, or you can buy a full program. We went for classes, my wife doing Pilates, Yoga and TRX over a week. I did TRX and a kick box class. The instructors were all very good and would work with any level of fitness.
They also offer fitness tours, we did a mountain hike. A great tour, and very reasonably priced compared do most tours in the area. I would highly recommend Del Mar Extreme Fitness to anyone.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Del Mar Extreme is located in Jaco, Costa Rica, a beautiful and relaxing town on the Pacific Ocean. My week long vacation was packed full of activities with amazing people to share them with. The entire staff of Del Mar was friendly, accomodating, and commited to making sure that my time away was perfect. The hikes, surfing, SUP, fitness classes and meals were fabulous. I also enjoyed the opportunity to go horse back riding and sailing however the active tours and classes were by far the best part. Make sure to pack sunscreen and several pairs of workout shorts and tops for your trip. I would have preferred to stay longer had my schedule allowed. A must do vacation!!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Since I've only done Stand-up Paddle boarding on lakes and rivers, Allison took me to a horseshoe bay just north of Jaco where the waves were sheltered and small. She helped me with technique as well as telling me about the sights and customs of the area. To avoid petty theft while we were paddling she suggested leaving nothing - even flipflops - on the beach or in sight in the car. On the way back she pointed out restaurant possibilities. I appreciated her guidance as I had never been to this part of the world, and felt confident when she took us to a beach with appropriate waves and currents for my level.

Next day she led a Pilates lesson for me, very thoughtfully planned out with my physical limitations in mind - a good workout and information I can use at home.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

My fourth or fifth time with the outfit. This time, SUPing Playa Herredura. Perfect, start to finish. Can't wait to go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I had the most amazing time with my girl friends. There is just so much to do. I took surf lessons for the first time with Josie. I stood up the first day. what a rush. I felt so safe with him. We went paddling boarding with Allison( one of the owners) she was amazing. We checked out a secret waterfal and may even been apart of a commercial a phone company was shooting. We ate at the best restaurants. Enjoyed yoga lessons with Allie. Delmar Extreme is a once a lifteime experience..Check it out, its worth it