“Amazing!”

Rendezvous at Salt Spring Island
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Ganges
Reviewed 23 June 2016

So good! All hand made there. Typical french patisserie.
The vanille cannelle is taking you to France!

1  Thank NomadeJulie

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Authentic pastries from France baked with love by a wonderful couple
The caneles melt in your mouth, everything is light and tasty
A great change from North American baking

1  Thank localtru
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I never had Canele before, and so when I saw that they had them I was intrigued and thought I'd try a couple. I remember wishing that I had picked up more! Additionally, I have always found Macarons to be over-rated and at best "higher quality" oreos, but this wonderful placed proved me wrong and has helped me respect the Macaron once and for all!

1  Thank LambdaP
Reviewed 15 October 2015

How is it that the best French pastries were found in a parking lot opposite a pub? I don't know but I do know that I consumed a lot of calories eating the best croissants, pear tart and tomato cheese olive tarts found outside of France. The pastry on the tarts were incredibly crisp, buttery and light and the croissants were equally light and flaky. We ate a cannelle (yumm) before deciding we'd just come back on Friday to scoop up more treats. The owner and baker Brigitte is a lovely woman with a thick accent and has been baking since she was 10 years old. I can't believe she has never been professionally trained as everything we ate was good enough to be in an expensive patisserie instead of this unassuming cafe. A real find on the island - don't miss some of the most amazing pastries made with love.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Amazing French pastries that are authentic and delicious. Brigitte and Bruno have brought a small piece of France to Salt Spring Island and raised the bar for all things pastry.