“Gone down hill”
Review of Osteria Romana

Osteria Romana
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Induruwa
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Description: High quality and genuine italian restaurant, you will found the best food and the perfect atmosphere to enjoy it.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have visited this restaraunt many times ,it has been closed now for a few months for refurbishment .Well the place looks just the same ,clean and very smart .Unfortunately that is the good news ,the meal I had was awful . I had the tri coloured salad ,which was so small and so thinly cut it was almost transparent ! Followed by a spicey prawn pizza ,which was definatly not what it was don't think it had seen spice ,and there was hardly more than one prawn ! The topping was so thin you could see the base of the pizza shining through . My friends meals were of a similar low standard . Having looked forward to this meal and missed out my lunch as I knew I was in for a treat ,I was more than disappointed . So all in all I have to say it was well below standard and very over priced for a very poor meal ,which before the refubishment would never have been like this it was one of the top places to eat in the area .However the staff were still as before very pleasant and efficient and clearly embrassed when we complained .

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Well worth the effort to attend this place - excellent all round and we certainly would return here. Try the magharita!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My wife and I went with a friend, we have been many times in the past.
The restaurant reopened on we 15 August after being closed since April.
I reserved a table, on arrival we were informed that they had stopped selling any type of alcohol, but the waiter admitted he forgot to inform me when I had telephoned to reserve the table. Not a good start.
We ordered our food, the starters my wife and our friend had was a salad, well something minute in the centre of the plate.
The mains arrived, my wife's lasagne was flavorless, our friend had a prawn pizza, or should we way hunt the prawn pizza and I had a Devilled chicken pizza, it was bland, no spice at all, plus no chicken, all in all a complete disaster.
So we will not be returning.

1  Thank DaveKalavilla
Reviewed 22 April 2017

First - this place is clean and you can see trough the kitchen and after 10 days I finally had some great meal from clean kitchen. The interior is amazing and only what is wrong is the name of the restaurant. Not promising name for amazing place. I found this place overpriced considering that we were in Sri Lanka. Small size pizza was about 13 euro. Great desserts.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Went to this restaurant near the end of our 16 day tour of Sri Lanka and really enjoyed the food, it was amazing after all the SL curries. Sat at a table on the beach and enjoyed an amazing sunset while we had our starters. The staff were very helpful and nice.