“Our "Go to" Place in Red Hook”

Outriggers Red Hook
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Red Hook
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Description: Casual style restaurant in Red Hook, St Thomas USVI. Beautiful waterfront location. Directly next to the Red Hook Ferries. Executive Chef is Culinary Institute of America New York graduate.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

During our two week vacation in the Red Hook area, we dined three times at Outriggers and lunched once. This is an outdoor venue with plenty of distance between tables.

The food is excellent and I recommend the Blackened Mahi Tacos and the Grouper in particular. This is also one of the few places we found that served draft beer and the Painkillers were exceptional.

Trevor is an excellent host/manager and willing to share his recommendations on place to go and see. He has a superb staff, very attentive and helpful.

With the COVID capacity limitations, I recommend reservations even on a weekday night.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (57)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great dinner at Outriggers last week. It was a Tuesday night, but the restaurant was surprisingly full. However, the tables were all properly distanced and the staff wore masks.

The service and food were excellent and reasonably priced compared to the other high end restaurants we dined at on St. Thomas. My locally-caught tuna and my wife's grouper were perfectly prepared. My only disappointment was that they had run out of fresh lobster by the time we arrived for dinner at 7 p.m. We will definitely return during our next stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To be fair, Outriggers was slammed and I think they had a bartender but they had to leave early? It was hard to Understand over the music and through the mask . The two servers working that night hustled their tails off and were very friendly. I had a moment of “ew” when I realized I was served cocktail sauce instead of salsa (not great on tacos ) but they fixed it and no taste buds were permanently harmed in the process. My only real complaint was the drinks. Our party agreed that they all tasted watered down and weren’t very tasty. This may have been from the lack of bartender.
I’d definitely go back but I’d adjust my drink order to the staffing level.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

This place was recommended by other restaurant that was booked for dinner. Our waitress, Marissa, was awesome. She recommended the buffalo cauliflower wings and jerk rum grouper. Both dishes were excellent!!! I highly recommend them as well. Thank you Marissa. Your service was excellent and your attitude was superb. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Our waitress.. marisa could deal with our party of 6 bc we asked for fresh tomato lettuce and onions after she servied the wrong food to 2 people at our table .. WTF she should be fired. Thankfully the manager Rain acknowledged the issue and treated us to a drink. As a manager I probablt would have comped out entire meal but she took the feedback well that her server was either having a bad day or frankly should not be in the service industry.

When we go back to St thomas I doubt we will go albeit that food was pretty good. the servcie was a JOKE. We were staying at the Ritz and after providig our feedback I am pretty sure no on will be returing from the ritz