“Yummy”
Review of The Dancing Betty

The Dancing Betty
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Murton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Description: The Dancing Betty situated on the Popular Dalton Park Murton is part of the Marstons Inns and Taverns Pub chain. Serving Breakfast on weekends from 10am. Carvery served Daily till 8pm an extensive Menu served till 10pm we have something for everyone. Got Little ones our Award winning menu is sure to give them something to enjoy. Whether your out shopping ,Popping to the cinema or simply wanting somewhere to go why not pop into the Dancing Betty where our friendly staff always give you a warm Northeast welcome
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Family of 4, all had small carvery sunday lunch. Beautiful, hot, tasty and plentyful. You can go back for extra veg but we were all full up!! Cake selection looked fab to. Seated quickly though it was quite busy. 5* all round!

Julian-M-Kent, General Manager at The Dancing Betty, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Andrea

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit.

Great to hear you enjoyed our pub and our menu catered for your requirements.

We always review our customer feedback to drive our service standards.

Thanks for the 4* review and hope we can make it the 5 * you comment about next time.

See you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really nice staff, great valve and choice in food especially the carvery and desserts.Ordered the fishcake starter which was meant to come with Salad. I think it was more like count the salad leaves on the plate instead!!!! Also ordered sweet potatoe fries which were definitely slightly on the burnt side. Shame as everything else we had was spot on. Nice touch being able to order dessert to takeaway too.

Meadvalgirl
Thanks for your review and sorry to read that our sweet potato fries did not meet your expectations.
We use feedback to drive our service and food standards and apologise for not achieving a 5* level for you.

We hope you will visit again and give us the opportunity to turn you 3* into a 5*

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here yesturday for late lunch early dinner & we all enjoyed it.
It was quite busy but we got a table straight away, took a while to get served as staff seemed quite busy but they were very friendly & helpful. I ordered piri piri chicken burger, it was very nice & tasty, we also ordered the mixed grill, classic burger & tikka masala we all cleared our plates. The place was clean & a wide selection of drinks, including refills of coke for free. I would come here again.

Michfen

Thanks for the review

So glad to get such great feedback this will help us drive our business and help us deliver the 5* service we expect from our team and staff.

We hope to see you again very soon so we can change your 4* into a 5* on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Meal was ok, mums carvery was cold but I my veggie meal was ok. I was outraged to have been charged, without my knowledge, 50p for cream for my coffee. No mention of it when i paid. Its petty i know, but if i had been told it would have been a different matter. It lost them a customer as I take Mum out to eat every day. I have contacted company but no reply

1  Thank catherine w
Julian-M-Kent, General Manager at The Dancing Betty, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Catherine

Sorry for the late reply and thanks so much for taking the time to review our pub.
It’s been eye opening knowing that our systems have let you down and that your visit was disrupted by the cost issue within
Our bar.
I have looked into this issue and have highlighted this with the team.
I would love the opportunity to chat with you about your issue if possible. Please feel free to contact me at the bar either in person or by phone to discuss.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the dancing Betty yesterday for the first time whilst shopping at Dalton park. The pub was quite busy but getting served wasn't too much hassle.my husband chose fish and chips while I chose the carvery bap. The first shock was the bill. Fish and chips were £7.95, the bap I think was £3.85. We had a small cola and a very small glass of soda water.The total bill was £16.00. Most pubs don't charge for soda water making the cola over £4.00. Even if the SMALL glass of soda water had to be paid for this was still extortionate especially as they were not large glasses.when the food arrived the fish and chips looked good but my husband said the batter was soggy. My turkey bap was served in a sweet bun ( I cannot remember the name of these buns) which I hate and so I took the meat out (not much of it) and left the bun. The roast potatoes (3) which was served with it was cold and the one which I tried had a peculiar taste so I also left them.
To say we were disappointed is an understatement. I don't like to make complaints but if anyone had approached us and asked if everything was ok I would have voiced my opinion,one lady did keep looking over and she must have seen what was left on the plate so whether this was why no one approached us or not I don't know. Like I said I would not have gone back to the bar to complain in front of other people which is why I think being asked at the table is a better idea. Had the menu stated the type of bun that would have been served I would have chosen something else. We certainly would not go back and we would not recommend it to family or friends either.

1  Thank Marjorie B
Julian-M-Kent, General Manager at The Dancing Betty, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

So sorry to here that you did not enjoy your recent visit to our pub. We would love the opportunity to discuss you issue personally.
We review all of our customer feedback and use it to enhance the customer experience we pride ourselves on iWithin the Dancing Betty.

Our contact number is 01915804791

Looking into you issue stated I would love the opportunity to review your order and look into this for you.