Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice beer

This is nice place for beer tasting and very nice service and staff . I like locals brewery and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
240ajays
Johannesburg, South Africa
via mobile
Beer and Bread

A brewery that also serves great food and drinks for the non-alcoholics. The foccacia or pizza... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ecsonza
Cape Town, South Africa
via mobile

All reviews beer tasting beers and ciders sausage free tasting nice vibe the main street friendly staff value for money cherry gin order ipa menu chips weiss waitress waiters
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021

Dated and a stretch to call a brewery. I travelled through Clarens for the 1st time in 8 on the last weekend of August. Needless to say, I was left underwhelmed.

Food : Quick easy, nice tasting.

Covid measures : None to be seen, but each to their own to handle their risk I suppose.

Beer and gin : Tasted watered down, not near the standard of other breweries still in operation. I tried all of them and was underwhelmed. Hence the title of this review... 8 years ago, the beer was alive with flavor. I moved onto a gin, I would rather have had mouthwash. This is the worst gin I have tasted in SA. This place could do much better with other brands included.

Toilets : Ill do the math for you here. 1 suspect toilet + guests rotating through the day = disgusting germ spreader.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 28 August 2021

We have been going to the Brewery for years. It is always a highlight of our trip. Our favorite was the platters which we enjoyed for lunch with a beer. New owners have changed the menu. Poor choices. Vegetarian meals at a brewery???? We like the beer but won’t go back for lunch anymore.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

We had the most mouth watering platter for two with their thirst quenching in house sparkling fruit juice (cherry and granadilla) after a good hike. Great vibe and amazing customer service. We will definitely come back here again.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank SandileNtando
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

Really awesome experience, we were offered free tasters of their craft beer before placing an order. The nut larger was unique and full of flavour. My daughters also loved the fruit ciders, light and natural tasting and definitely not sweet. We ordered a platter for two to share amongst four as a light snack. Full of delicious sides and really worthwhile. Our first visit and definitely not our last. Pets welcome she was even given a freaks her bowl of her own water

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

Had a quick lunch of burgers. The Hot Chick burger was delicious. The beef burger had a slightly odd flavor, but was filling. Portions were good and the fries were amazing.

Date of experience: January 2021