TUI SENSIMAR Kalamota Island Resort
Aparthotel Kalamota(Kolocep Island)
US$430
  • Breakfast included
1,392 results
All reviewsal frescoa la carte restaurantsbeautiful islandpublic ferryother islandshotel ferrygames roomblue caverestocked dailysecurity guardsea viewbranded spiritslocal ferryentertainment teamthe main buffet restaurantrelaxing holidaysea urchins
Reviewed 22 May 2015

What a fantastic holiday we experienced at the Kalamota Island Resort by Karisma, courtesy of the stay part of a Thomson Cruise and Stay package. The hotel is set on the bay front at Donje Celo on the island of Kolocep with rooms set in the hillside behind in the form of Villa blocks. This obviously means that there are slopes and steps to ascend to your room and this is documented in the literature, however we found that it wasn't as daunting as had been reported in other reviews. The rooms had excellent air conditioning, a large bed, free replenished minibar and had plenty of storage and also a large shower rooms There was no evidence of any reported 'smell' from the septic tank as this has obviously now been resolved and I don't recall it's whereabouts. Views from hotel across the bay are excellent (although some rooms look out onto the back of the hotel and can be overlooked. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, Doris in the dining room is a shining example of this. The food is very good and with a range of choices to suite the pallet of most holidaymakers. There is a good selection of drinks from the bar including some familiar names e.g. Gordons Gin. The bookable 'Al Fresco' restaurant provides al-a-carte dining with some very good food and service overlooking the bay, as does the 'Resaurant on the Bay' but we weren't happy with the fact that there were several cats roaming the outside seating areas when we were there and we didn't feal that the food was as good (Italian Night). There were pleanty of sun beds, several on the sandy beach (for hotel users only), on large patio areas adjacent to the pool and around the pool itself - the pool bar did some excellent cocktails. There were some very pleasant walks around the island, some not for the faint hearted - hill climbing and cliff top walking/scrambling - but very rewarding. There is a wide variety of fauna and flora to see and some spectacular scenery. There are regular ferry crossings to neighbouring islands and to Dubrovnic. The crossing can be a little choppy so tablets are recommended, however booked excursions are cancelled if the sea is rough. Transfers are a different matter, when I asked I was told that "only a hurricane would stop transfers to and from the hotel taking place". Not sure if this was just tongue in cheek though. It all adds to the excitement. I would advise anyone with severe walking difficulties or wheelchair reliant that this is not a destination suitable for you. Would we go again - YES - it is a perfect holiday for couples (adult couples only hotel) and great if you go with friends too, as we did.

Room Tip: Request a room with sea view and if you're fealing fit ask for a Villa above 3.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Les L
WMSKarisma, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Kalamota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Les L,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write your in-depth and fantastic review and share your experience at TripAdvisor. There is no doubt that it will be very useful for our future guests.

Your positive impressions motivate us to become even better. Also, rest assured that we will try to correct all minor imperfections.

We are glad that you had a great stay with us, and we hope to get a chance to welcome you again at Kalamota Island Resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

We had a blast of a week at Kalamota Island Resort!
It has been a lovely week at Kalamota Resort, enjoying all the pleasures that the island and the hotel have to offer!
Really good conditions and everything very well organized!
The staff is friendly, always ready to help when necessary and they go for special details!

It's my wife's birthday and we she woke up she had a birthday card in the door! Thanks Diana and Tanija!

Also special thanks to Dadoo, Edina and Anamarija (Entertainment Team) for all the lovely moments and your kindness and availability!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Hugo S

Dear Hugo S,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at Kalamota Island Resort and sharing your experiences at TripAdvisor.

Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with the most relaxing experience. We are very glad that you are satisfied with our service and that you and that your wife spent a pleasant birthday with us.

On behalf of the whole team, we wish you a lovely summer ahead and hope to get a chance to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2015

I would like to say that this resort is really amazing and me and my husband we are very happy to pass our honeymoon in this place. I would like to say also that the staff is really great persons always ready to help. I would like to say a word to the staff that I contact more wish were Dado, Edina and Anamarija they are very friendly, very kind, always with a smile and they are great entertainers. I would like to say thank you also to Mario from the dinning room he is also a great guy. Thank you all for everything. See you

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cidalian2015

Dear Cidalian2015,

Thank you for the fantastic comments you have written and sharing your experience with our future guests. Also, thank you for choosing Croatia and Kalamota Island Resort for your honeymoon destination. Your positive impressions motivate us to become even better.

I'm sure that we will get a chance to welcome you in the future, maybe for one of the anniversaries!

My Very Best Regards,

General manager

Reviewed 21 May 2015

To get to Kalmota you have a 30 min bus journey from Dubrovnik airport then a 45 min boat journey to the island. The boat was waiting for us and this all went smoothly.

Initial impressions of the hotel were a little disappointing. There is no wow factor but you realise through time that this is intentional and the style of the hotel is to fit in with the rest of the houses on the island. The welcome was excellent with wet face towels and drinks provided prior to a quick check in. The luggage is then brought to your room, they use a ticket system but in reality just read the name from your case (on the Thomson flight label) so be careful if you leave cabin luggage which doesn't have your name on it. This can be reclaimed with the tickets but probably best to be kept with you.

The rooms were ideal. Big enough, without being overly spacious. It had air conditioning, a fridge which is restocked daily with juice, water and beer, a TV with around 20 channels, black out curtains and a free safe.

The restaurant provided a good variety of food each day. There was a large choice albeit some of the choices were not what you would maybe expect, things like shark and octopus. Being an all inclusive you can sample these things. There is also two a la carte restaurants which can be booked as often as you like. One is an Italian, the other international. Both were exceptional and can be booked at reception from 8am (there is usually a queue).

The pool is basic but very clean and adequate. There is a small jacuzzi but it never seemed to operate.

The entertainment varied in quality. Always live music and generally stuff from the 60s/70s. There are two free pool tables, electronic darts, cards tables, table tennis and tennis courts.

There is a public ferry which runs to Dubrovnik 4 times a day. Tickets are around £2 one way and £4 return. The hotel offers a boat for £5 per person each way (capacity of 12). It is a more powerful boat and is not the one you originally arrive on.

There are plenty of excursions, we did the Konalve Wine Tour, Montenegro and Mostar. All three were enjoyable although its quite a long day when you need to get the boat at 6.45 or 7am. It is also worth taking a walk round the island, this can take anything up to 3 or 4 hours and is well worth it.

Finally a word for the staff who were exceptional. I don't think i've ever stayed somewhere where the staff were so engaged and willing to help. They are a massive plus.

Room Tip: It can be reasonably hilly so if you have walking difficulties ask for villa 1 ground floor.
Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
11  Thank tommy7uk

Dear Tommy7uk,

Thank you for the fantastic comments you have written and sharing your experience with our future guests. Also, thank you for choosing Croatia and Kalamota Island Resort for your holiday destination. Your positive impressions motivate us to become even better!

We are very glad that you are satisfied with our costumer service, facilities and that you like this magical place and this beautiful country. Our staff will be glad to know that they did the difference and make your stay enjoyable.

I'm sure that we will get a chance to welcome you in the future!

My Very Best Regards,

General manager

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Ok, firstly I never write reviews, even my eBay feedback is copied and pasted from the item I bought before. However, I am so blown away by this fantastic resort I am compelled to write this and insist you come here at least once (I on the other hand will certainly be returning!)
I booked this hotel as a surprise honeymoon for my new wife and I based on the brochure and the Thompson rep (the old fashioned way) and felt pretty impressed with myself. That was until I looked up the reviews on here and thanks to some rather bad reviews, started to worry about my choice. However, none of these bad reviews could be further from what I have experienced whilst here.
From the moment we stepped off the boat, the staff were welcoming and friendly with welcome drinks and cold flannels. The location is fantastic:- beautifully remote and with some stunning views across the Adriatic to enjoy a truly romantic holiday, but close enough by boat to the city to ensure if you want to, you can venture out to see some other tourist parts (return ticket for the 30min local ferry costs around £5 per person and these run regularly during the day). Previously, reviews have mentioned a smell? We never experienced this, nor did other guests we spoke to.
Secondly, the wonderful staff have made this a holiday to remember. They constantly surprise and go that extra mile to ensure your needs are catered for (special thanks to Anamarija at reception, Dado and Edina in the animation team, and Goran, Mario, Tanja and Kristina from the restaurant /bars - you guys were fantastic and we are both going to miss you all!)
I can't do anything but rate this hotel and it's staff 5* for helping me give my new wife an amazing honeymoon and memories that will stay with us for years.
Thank you!