“The Best Pub”

Wheatlands Farm, Hungry Horse
Ranked #2 of 16 Quick Bites in Redcar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: DISCOVER GOOD TIMES AT WHEATLANDS FARM - What’s on the menu? All your family favourites! Whether it’s an All Day Breakfast kind of day, a beer and a Beef Burger kind of day, or you just fancy Fish & Chips for a change... you’ll find there’s plenty to tickle your taste buds on our menu. We like to look after your wallet, too. Whenever you come to Wheatlands Farm you can get a great deal, as well as a great meal. There’s a different deal every day of the week.
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

Amazing! Been coming here a while now and it never fails to impress me. Customer service and staff are phenomenal. Couldn’t recommend a pub more- my favourite place.

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Wheatlands Farm, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Hi eili_m2020 thank you so much for the fantastic review! We love that the Wheatlands Farm is your favourite place ♥️

Write a reviewReviews (433)

Reviewed 1 November 2020

Great experience for our first one in months , our little girl was abit frustrated as her first time there but the ladies who tended our table was absolutely amazing, she deserves a raise or promotion for her effort especially with these uncertain times

Date of visit: November 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Wheatlands Farm, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hi 823kaylap

It was our absolute pleasure to look after you and help you feel safe whilst here with us! I’m so glad you all enjoyed your visit with us, take care and stay safe !

Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

My visit here was absolutely horrendous to say the least. The steak for starters was so tough and just absolutely dreadful. No dressing at all on the salad and was just a bag of salad from a supermarket, I’m not a stuck up person and do not go out of my way to complain but this is beyond acceptable.

The staff are so unprofessional, they kept talking amongst themselves when our table was due to be cleared and then a waiter sat down and had a pint.

The poor old couple next to us had to get up and shout to a waiter about wanting a drink. Despite everything being table service because everyone’s just stood around doing nothing.

35 minutes we sat with our empty plates whilst multiple members of staff walked past shouting to each other ‘ 2 tables in your mug to clean mate’

The tables are sticky and so unhygienic, we were given dirty paper menus and no one at all just seems to be doing their job.

Food was absolutely disgusting
Staff are so unprofessional
Atmosphere is awful and I’d never ever give my custom here again

Avoid like the plague

Date of visit: October 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Wheatlands Farm, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2020

We take all our complaints seriously and this one is not of the same calibre of our normal reviews. If you could please contact us and give me some further information regarding your visit so I can look into this more and discuss with the staff. Thank you for taking the time and giving us the chance to make it better in the future. Please contact us on 01642486406.

Reviewed 29 October 2020

By far the best place I have visited since lock down was lifted. I often travel around the country and I always find me self in a hungry horse pub. The pub had all the COVID restrictions in place yet was such a calm and relaxed environment. The lady who seated me Sammie ( I think- sorry I am rubbish with names) was fantastic my APP crashed so she came over and helped me. the food was lovely, I had the Lamb Rogan Josh, it was B E A U I T F U L!!! Thank you i shall look forward to visiting again soon.

Date of visit: October 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Wheatlands Farm, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Hi YorkieJohn821!
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are over the moon you felt relaxed and safe whilst visiting us! I’ll pass your lovely comments over to Sammie!
See you soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2020

Came to curry night but they ran out of most curries. Not good for us but good as they’ve been busier than expected, which is what we want for our local businesses☺️ I settled for the only curry left, a tikka, which was actually a lot nicer to the ones I cook at home. My partner had the mixed grill, also lovely.

Hi 529lisat

Thank you so much for your amazing review, it was our absolute pleasure to look after you both ! We hope to see you again soon, hopefully have other curries for you to try!