“Unbelievable!”
Review of Abel Tasman Pilot a Stunt Plane - CLOSED

Abel Tasman Pilot a Stunt Plane
More attraction details
Owner description: This is your chance to actually pilot a stunt plane, and roll and loop it.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the highlights of my trip to New Zealand. Cannot compute into words the amazing experience I had. Having just jumped out of a plane next door, this flying experience was in so many ways so much more enjoyable. Yes, this to me was sooooo much better than skydiving.

You're guided by one of the nicest and supportive pilots around! Vincent not only gives you confidence in managing all the manoeuvres and tricks (rolls, loops, cuban 8s, 4 point turns etc), he is constantly giving you tips on how to get the most out of the experience. This was my first time ever controlling a plane and it just felt like second nature having such an experienced flyer accompanying you!

If you're trying to decide what to spend your limited money on, this is definitely the most worthwhile experience with the most lovely people! Do NOT go past this golden opportunity!

I'm still buzzing from my flight from a week ago! =D

1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Simply put, one of the highlights of my trip to New Zealand.
This was my very first time flying a plane yet I felt strangely at home in the sky thanks to the helpful pilot Vincent who both put me at ease as well as thoroughly explain what to expect during the flight. The whole thing is recorded as well, and you receive the videos within the next couple days.

The flight itself is pretty short, only about 15 minutes, but it's enough to experience the joy and excitement of the stunt plane. You get accustomed to the height and the gravity fairly quickly. There's no feeling of 'falling' like you do in a roller coaster. I learned the rolls and loops with ease, then spent the rest of the time just enjoying the beautiful landscape.

Highly recommend!

1  Thank nojennyno
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Amazing experience, and couldn't have had a nicer pilot. Vincent explains the manoeuvres in detail and is very encouraging and friendly. The best experience I had in New Zealand.

1  Thank CMagowan
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Shouted the wife what a present she flew the plane with ease the grin took a week to come off her face a great thrill and we got the cd to show all thank you very much the best thrill yet

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2013

From the moment we arrived, Vincent and Alison made us both excited and confident about flying a stunt plane!

There was a briefing session where Vincent gave a quick talk on aerodynamics, the tricks we would be doing, and then explained what to expect and how to control the plane. We put on our flight suits, and then once in the plane Vincent showed us again how to control the plane and what would happen.

Flying was an incredible thrill. You really do feel in control, and you really do get to do the stunts. Vincent coaches you though the whole thing, letting you know when to pull up and when to roll, and points out the beautiful landmarks in Abel Tasman park as you loop and roll above them.

At the end of the flight, Vincent did a few more exciting tricks before landing.

Overall, this was a once in a lifetime experience and my husband and I are so thrilled that we got to do it!