Pouso Caminho das Artes
US$81
BraZish(Paraty)
US$31
  • Pool
Pousada Bambu Bamboo(Paraty)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$73
US$44
US$83
US$56
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Very cozy B&B, conveniently located in the sector where most ceramic handcraft workshops are, just a 20 minute walk from Cunha's historic center. Offers a few very cozy rooms in the main building and also a couple of small chalets in the garden area.

Stayed: December 2015
Thank D. A
Claudinei S, Proprietário at Pouso Caminho das Artes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

I thank your review and your feedback about our small but cozy inn with its 7 accommodations. Our special attention and care make the stay into something enjoyable. Come back more often. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Small but cozy room. Breakfast is good. Afternoon tea with Dolce Gusto coffee capsules and pastries. I took the room number 6 with King Size bed. Very comfortable. The sun heater was not used since we had cloudy and cold days of winter so we used the electric shower that worked without much water pressure.
Since we left our room after noon (on Saturday), our beds were not made. Since this is a B&B to relax, I think they should clean the rooms in the afternoon for late sleepers like me.
Good countryside feeling.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Claudinei S, Proprietário at Pouso Caminho das Artes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I want to thank you again for choosing Pouso Caminho das Artes and for writing this review. As you noticed, the B&B is small and that makes it more welcoming, with attentive service and offers cozy and comfortable room with great quality materials. 2 important notes (once you quoted in your comments): a) as a B&B (as well as many other properties around the world), we have deadline to complete some services. As you left the room almost 2PM, make the bed was not possible however, other items like spare wood e teas, dry the towels, were performed normally. Some guests´ decisions can not be transferred to the property; b) And, indeed, during the period of your stay, the weather was cloudy and the use of clean energy from the sun (we practice some sustainable actions) was not possible. However, fortunately we have a contingency system by using electricity. So hot baths were possible.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Caminho das Artes last weekend. It's a wonderful place! You can observe that the owner has all the care with every detail (furniture, food, pictures on the wall, soaps, etc.). We had a fantastic time and recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Claudinei S, Proprietário at Pouso Caminho das Artes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I want to thank you for this review. I'm very glad you enjoyed the guesthouse and hope to see you again several times.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Staying at Pouso Caminho das Artes was an unforgettable experience. Everything about it is beautiful and comfortable. All the details were carefully planned to make you feel happy and special! The furniture colors, the pictures on the wall, the table decorations, every corner has
something special and i caught myself taking more pictures there than the scenery outside.
Claudinei, the owner, is also an excellent cook so delicious pies and cakes are offered for breakfast. And at 5pm it is tea time! The only danger is staying there longer than you expected!!
or asking Claudinei to decorate your home!!!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank izilda
PousoCaminhodasArtes, Proprietário at Pouso Caminho das Artes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Firstly, I would like to thank about filling this review and your words. I am very glad to provide you a good stay. And, of course, I hope to host you several times.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

After a disastrous attempt to stay another pousada in Cunha (Vila Rica, see my review) we were lucky to be able to find a room here. The owner (Claudinei?) was extremely welcoming and genuine, and clearly loves owning and running the place, rather than just as a means of making money. The breakfast was fantastic and if you don't eat it all in the morning, you can have 'seconds' in the afternoon when he serves the cakes with tea from 5pm! The location is perfect for exploring the arts and crafts ateliers, and the older part of town is across the small valley (but up and down some steep hills!). Overall, a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. Not cheap but it was worth it. Final word of advice; if you're arriving from Rio you MUST use the Dutra, or leave enough time from Paraty to travel via Ubatuba. Paraty to Cunha is IMPOSSIBLE.

Room Tip: Do it, stay here. The service and welcome are excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
PousoCaminhodasArtes, Proprietário at Pouso Caminho das Artes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

First of all, I would like to thank you for completing this evaluation. I always try to do the necessary attention so you can always have a great stay here. The road between Paraty(RJ)-Cunha(SP) has 9.5 km unpaved, in the Serra da Bocaína National Park, where 4WD car is desired. For whoever does the booking in advance, receives this information to plan properly. Cunha is in a mountainous region, so we have many climbs and descend but with lush landscapes. I hope to host you again.