“2nd visit. Still poor service & mediocre food.”

Sakonis Indian Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 66 Restaurants in Pinner
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Last tim3 we visited they served us packet masala chai. This time since we are chaat lovers thought we would see if after teething troubles they are any better.

The service is dire. Waiters have zero idea of what the6 are doing & seems to live in a bubble of their own. We stayed for one course then moved to another eatery next door with friendly service & hot food.

2  Thank FineLiving

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The most delicious Indian vegetarian food I have ever tasted, with the friendliest, most attentive service I have ever received. I’ve now been 3 times and the standard has never slipped. I just love it there!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Here’s another restaurant that falls down in its customer service. I welcomed its appearance last summer and a friend and I decided to try it out very shortly afterwards.

First off, we arrived to find no menu displayed outside. That’s always a turn-off for me, especially for a new restaurant. We wandered inside and saw some menus on a table by the entrance so we looked over what was on offer. A young man approached and we asked if there was a special lunch deal. There was not – which was another turn-off as Sakonis in Wealdstone has a very good buffet for a fixed price. The young man wandered off to the back of the restaurant and as the prices were quite reasonable we decided to stay. After waiting in the entrance area for a few minutes, to be seated, the young waiter returned but while holding a mobile phone by his ear and carrying on with his conversation while he stood facing us. He stayed there, still chatting on the phone. After a couple of minutes I said, ‘I don’t want to interrupt your conversation’ and he smiled at us. We walked out.

I notice that they have now put a menu outside – that’s good. But they have done something else utterly bizarre. Like the Wealdstone branch, they have introduced a special ‘fixed-price, eat as much as you like’ offer. ‘Sounds great!’, I hear you say. But wait, there’s more. This special deal is not for lunchtime but, can you believe it, at breakfast time only! So, if you don’t mind waiters who (as another reviewer said) live in a world of their own, and you can overlook the occasional poor quality of the food (as mentioned by other reviewers), you might like to have a hefty breakfast with your friends between 9:00 am and 10:00 am, say, and a minuscule lunch and dinner. Hmmm... Somehow, I don’t think that will catch on,

As with other restaurants in Hatch End that have recently appeared (and in the case of the Delisserie, which disappeared almost as soon as it opened) , these guys don’t get it. Good service is as important as good food, and the fact that the owners are not responding to many similar criticisms of the service shows that they either don’t read the reviews or couldn’t care less.

Unfortunately for them, Hatch End is highly competitive for restaurants and initial interest soon wanes in those for which 50 per cent of the reviews go from mediocre to awful. Remember the ill-fated Sugar Snap restaurant? Appalling service, average food and a lifespan of about nine months, if I remember correctly. I wonder who will be next on this site…

Never mind. We who live near Hatch End are well served with splendid restaurants there, like Dona Theresa, Mosfilo, Black Pepper, Pizza Express and especially Lattakia (superb!) – and none of these need be too worried about Sakonis on their patch.

4  Thank Kalinnikov
Reviewed 13 March 2018

First time visiting this Hatch End branch being familiar with both Harrow and Wembley branches. Food, service and value for money were spot on despite being extra busy for Mothers day. As well as a offering the standard Gujarati and South Indian Vegetarian dishes I love their variety of healthy juices and personally opted for the "Green" with spinach, celery and ginger. They also do a loyalty card so will definitely return soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, great service and family friendly too. All four generations of our family were very well looked after! Will be coming back.

1  Thank Mitulms