All reviewsunique experienceone nightguest housesand dunessalt lakehafizsandboardingskydeserttoursguesthouseiran
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Through Hafez Varzaneh Guesthouse you can enjoy many great field trips - we choose the desert camping for one night. We got picked up in Isfahan and taken 1,5 hours to Varzaneh. Here we were greeted with a friendly welcome and tea before heading out to the desert dunes. We didn't stay at the guesthouse but it seems very nice!

The desert trip was great, we tried sandboarding and watched the sun set before dinner around a campfire. After dinner we could gaze up at the sky, and then sleep comfortably in tents and blankets. (We did bring our own sleeping bags but the guest house could also provide this.) Temperatures in march were close to zero but thick blankets made it no problem. Then we got ut to see the sun rise again over the sand dunes. A perfect camping trip really!

Then we were taken back to the guest house for breakfast. (Usually they also make breakfast in the desert.)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for one night.
It was amazing.
I had chance to escape from modern life and experience local life style.
I tried home made food that cooked by owner`s wife.
Although during the day it was a little bit noisy and it was hard to take a nap, I could sleep well during night in cosy and warm room.
The local family who manage the property were so friendly and warm they try the best to make gusts happy and satisfie.
I'm really happy to meet them and stay in their guest house.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and me came to Vazaneh to see the beautiful sanddunes and came across this place. I am glad we picked this Guesthouse. The whole family welcomed us and cared for us like their own children. We shared delicious foods had the best stay during our whole iran trip.
Real cultural experience!
Just amazing.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in varzaneh. Everything was convenient. Perfect location, very welcoming family, they arrange desert tours with sand board, salt lake... area is beautiful, relaxed, and the rooms were comfortable

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Hafez guest house was recommended to me by another G.H. owner in the village. The lovely family was very welcoming and warm, they introduced me to the children and grandparents, brought me as a present the first day to an amazing farm nearby, then to the salt lake and dunes with other guests, and finally to the mysterious citadel... I particularly appreciated the family atmosphere, and still have their present and drawings ! The room with bathroom was perfect and very clean, with nice decor. Food is healthy and the breakfast awesome (with a honey sweet that i still feel in the mouth.. mmm ! :-) ) It's very easy and cheap to get to Varzaneh from Isfahan by bus. You find shops for food and other goods in the village. Then i left by taxi for Yazd.

Room Tip: I had a room with 2 mattress on the soil and it was ok, i slept very well.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo