Roundwood House(Mountrath)
US$88
US$81
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

O'Loughlin's Hotel(Portlaoise)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$91
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise(Portlaoise)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

The Killeshin Hotel(Portlaoise)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$79
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$71
US$183
US$90
US$88
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Central Hotel Tullamore(Tullamore)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$113
US$44
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

All reviewsdownton abbeymoment you arrivegolf cartpublic roomsclay pigeon shootingtasting menubest hotels in the worldformer glorybucket listhorse ridingmanaging directoronce in a lifetimecountry estatesmall hotelsight to beholdevery guestspecial treat
Reviewed 10 January 2018

In review after review, the common words are wow, excellent, outstanding, extraordinary, once in a lifetime, etc. This property is such a rare gem. From the moment you drive through the gates onto the property, you know that you are in for something special. Everything about this place is magical. The accommodations and common areas are over the top stunning. The service is beyond compare. The dining is exquisite. The grounds are vast and breathtaking. From Falconry to dressing up in 1800 period costumes for dinner, your days and nights can be completely filled with activities, or not. Because its a very small property, you feel like its your own private estate. This place is a MUST for anyone ready to be pampered.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank seyyes
Reviewed 1 January 2018

A number of years ago I had the pleasure in staying in what was described as one of the best hotels in the world in Thailand. I stayed for a number of days, and it was perfect, but for some reason, that I couldn't put my finger on, I had an underlying feeling of disappointment.

When I recently had the pleasure of spending a day in Ballyfin, this memory from years ago was on my mind. As Ballyfin was voted one of the best hotels in the world, will this accolade be just too much to manage the expectations of the guests. Well I can say with absolute certainty no. Ballyfin is an absolute gem. From the moment you ring the buzzer on the gate, to the very sad moment of leaving through the same gates, the experience is just wonderful. I believe the difference in my experience with Ballyfin was down to the staff. The interactions with the staff, are not the polished, sometimes cold experience you get in high end establishments, but one of personal honesty, and warmth. This approach ensures you snap into relaxation mode as soon as you get to the door.

As the manager said to me when leaving, "they want to create the feeling of staying in a home, rather that a hotel". Well they cracked it, actually no, they smashed it.

The only down side I can come up with has been, its been a number of weeks since my stay, and the place is still on my mind. I may now never be happy in any other hotel ever again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hugh C
Reviewed 5 December 2017

If you want to tune out of the world, to get to a peaceful place where there is unobtrusive excellence in service and dining refinement: book a few nights' stay here. The price is at the higher level - the all-inclusive package covers all but alcoholic beverages. Ballyfin is a wonderful 600 acre escape where the staff are informal and extremely well-qualified for the work and welcome.
From arrival to departure, my partner and I felt we were the only people at the hotel - a warm welcome, superb surroundings, every detail attended to. We loved this place - it leaves other 5* establishments (that I have been to in Ireland or US) in the shade.
There are ample spaces for a quiet read by the fire, a quiet pint or take a bike and blow the cobwebs with a cycle around the lake. Then a delicious meal and lovely glass of wine at dinner.
This is not a child-friendly place (I think they welcome >12 years?), but there are places which are more suited to younger visitors elsewhere in the market. Ballyfin is perfectly pitched to the person/couple who want to escape the cares of the world and be pampered for a few days. The shout-out goes to the entire team and their manager - a pleasant and informal presence on the premises . We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ernestBT48
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We have now visited Ballyfin twice and I would rate this as one of the best, if not the best, hotels we have stayed in. The house itself is beautiful and staying here feels like stepping back in time. This experience is made better due to the relatively small number of rooms; at times it feels like you have the place to yourself! On top of this the service is impeccable, the staff couldn’t have done more for us. The grounds are also lovey to spend some time exploring. I would highly recommend the massages and clay shooting. We will definitely return!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bfhk
Reviewed 23 November 2017

we stayed here as a gift from our children for our 50th anniversary it was stunning, every room was more beautifull then the last, they would take your breath away, the food was something very special it was like art on a plate at every meal ,the staff could not do enough for you they just wanted every thing to be special for you and they certainly created that, i was stunned with the art on the walls i could have stayed there forever just viewing the art, as for the pool and the sauna and the fires burning on a winters night what more can i say but thank you for making our 50th everything it should be.

Room Tip: all the room have great views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple