“Good food, awesome view.”

The New Reef Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Loiza
Reviewed 1 May 2016

This place is located in the Loiza area where there are a few restaurants. Food is fine, service is nice but the view, you cant pay for this kind of view of the ocean and the waves and Isla Verde at the distance. They have a full bar and you can just come and sit and sip Pina Coladas for hours while you watch the beach.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I'd visited this place during other owners / operators and given the spectacular view, and that you are practically ON TOP of the reef itself if you can get one of those 6 tables, a place where I often take visitors for a different perspective. This time, the day was gorgeous, we got an outside table, took pictures... Then the server showed up. That's when it started to go downhill. She glared at my friend for ordering a Mojito that took forever to arrive and was made with dark rum. Ok, fine, we have drinks at least. The other tables around us had a different server and they seemed to not have to wait 10 minutes for a round to show up, it wasn't that crowded. We ordered conch salad. It took so long to arrive, so at this point were looking for other places to go and they wouldn't cancel it. And they brought the check. And refused to change the ticket so we could actually have some drinks with our food. Overall, a great place ruined by uninterested staff. I'll be looking for some other place with a great view to take my oft visiting friends.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We came here after a bike ride on the boardwalk/trails. View was great but that was the only thing good about this place. The table next to us had ordered Mofongo with shrimp and 1/2 lobster tail. It looked wonderful so I ordered. Server did not bring our second round of drinks until she brought out my husbands meal of very bland wings (no suace so requested hot sauce... Never came) After 10 minutes had to flag her down and ask about my order. She said would be right out. Another 10 minutes and she came back saying the cook didn't understand the order. Another 5 minutes and my order came out with plain Mofongo, and a side dish filled with chunks of seafood floating in Garlic butter. Server said "it's all there just prepared differently". Literally looked like she gathered all the scraps from other meals and threw in a bowl. My husband had finished his meal by now and I was so disappointed and not willing to pay $22.00 for this concoction we just sent it back and asked her to take it off the bill. She refused saying we ordered it and had to pay! After getting up from the table she then said they will make me a new one, . We firmly stated we just wanted our bill, minus the mistake. She went to the manager twice and finally took it off, no apology from her or the manager. Plenty of other places to eat in this area. Do not choose this one!!

1  Thank cslater
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

The fish mofongo is excellent!! The view is great and prices are very reasonable. It is one of our must get to stops in PR. We have eaten at quite a few places and I will put them up against anyone. Highly recommend!
The cold beer doesn't hurt either.....

1  Thank Paolo B
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Los Piñones is packed with restaurants and BBQ shacks offering a variety of local dishes from an assortment of conchufritas, pinchos, seafood, monfongo and all other comidas criolla. We chose this restaurant because my husband liked the idea of the $6 special and I loved the view. Both of us were exceedingly pleased for both reasons. The special is rice, beans and a choice of fried chicken, pork cutlet or braised steak with onions. We ordered the chicken and pork cutlet Both were cook well and were as good as similar dishes served in more expensive places.

The setting was lovely. We sat on the deck with a view of the inlet, the twinkle of lights from apartments and hotels of Isla Verde and the night sky above. The soft swishing sounds of the waves flowing onto the beach were contrasted with the Latino music coming from the restaurant. This simple meal, a cold beer, friendly and charming service in this unique spot is a true island experience.

FYI most of the other dishes are under $20. I am sure they are all worth a try. We plan to go back for Karaoke on Friday.

2  Thank GoodVib