All reviews pool bar mountain view frosted glass family room pool towels lovely hotel air con meal times restaurant manager all inclusive hotel shower area fantastic holiday family holiday sun cream early risers the buffet area compliments to the chef
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

This could be a very good hotel! But at the moment it isn't ready to be a 4* all inclusive!
Good points:- close to the beach, nice bars close by, and the pool and dining areas are clean.
On arriving we checked it and went up to our room, only to open the door to someone else being there.... went down to reception and changed rooms to a sea view, we booked a mountain view so again got moved rooms.
Not a great start!

The dining staff are nice but the manager I found to be very unfriendly, when walking in and sitting down he rudely advised us that he is there to seat us... tbh it embarrassed me as was in front of lots of other people! On inspection I actually didn't see him
Seat anyone else that evening!

The following evening we went to our room to freshen up from the pool and found we had NO WATER couldn't even flush the toilet. I went to reception to be told they would look into it and call my room.... they never called and left me sat there 45 minutes with no explanation. This happened again another two nights.. various excuses was the island had a problem, the pump in our room was at fault, the fourth floor struggles to get water (someone else experienced this on the 2nd floor).

Food:- very very limited and doesn't tell you what each individual thing is... so if you have allergies or cannot eat certain foods you will struggle.
If your happy to pay 4* money but only receive a 2/3* experience then it's perfect!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank samanthabV2104IO
Reviewed 12 June 2017

It was a quick escape to the island of Thassos for my 30th birthday and it was the right place to celebrate in a friendly, homely and fun environment!
The hotel has many facilities and the stuff members are amazing. Always smiley and ready to assist!
We give our compliments to the chefs, the restaurant stuff of the floor, the receptionists, the evening entertain and the bar stuff... You all made our experience unforgettable!

Room tip: Sea and Pool view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Radostina22
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stayed at the lovely Princess Golden Beach for 2 weeks in May/June 2017. The hotel itself is lovely, in a peaceful location and only a stones throw away from the beautiful beach.
On arrival we had problems caused by our tour operator, our rep not the most helpful! However, the hotel manager was fantastic. She went out of her way to help us resolve the few problems we had and did so in a very pleasant manner. Receptionists also extremely kind and helpful.

The hotel itself is very clean. Although the hotel was full to capacity during our stay it was also very quiet. My only complaint is the lack of sunbeds, but as stated on previous reviews the beach is a minutes walk away and is a lovely sandy beach with calm, clear waters!

Princess Golden beach restaurant is fantastic. The food served is simply the best I have had on all inclusive holidays, with plenty of choice and very good quality. My fussy 4 year old also ate very well during our stay. All staff were very helpful, pleasant and polite but Nikos (restaurant manager) left a lasting impression on our hearts. He is an absolute credit to this hotel. He went over and above his call of duty to keep the guests happy. I would book a holiday again at Golden beach just to see Nikos!!

The housekeeping was also excellent and staff always polite.

Thank you so much Golden Beach. Hope to see you again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank nikkig1980
Princess T, General Manager at Princess Golden Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Nikki,

greetings from all of us here in Princess Golden Hotel and thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience as well as for all your kind words. Such comments motivate us all to work even harder towards providing the best possible holiday for our guests.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We stayed for a week and could not fault the place. The food was lovely and the all inclusive drink seemed to do the trick for my husband lol.
All of the staff were so friendly and really went out of their way to make our holiday perfect.
The room was clean and fine for somewhere to rest, shower was a bit on the small side.
Location wise it is a very quiet island, we hired a car for the week and saw most of the highlights. Don't think it's a place to go for two weeks if you like exploring.
Top tip do not hire a car from the rental place behind the hotel, they only give you a certain amount of mileage then you get charged, they also tell you that you cannot take the car to certain places on the island. We walked down the road and hired our car and had none of this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank sarahs145

Dear Sarah,

thank you very much for sharing your experience in Princess Golden Hotel as well as for your kind words.
We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We Stayed at Princess Golden Beach for 2 weeks from 7th May 2017 via Thomson. The Hotel from the outside is a Gem that really stands out in the surrounding area and the welcome you receive upon arrival is extremely friendly and helpful. When you arrive the reception staff will give you an all inclusive details page if that is the package you are on. All Members of the staff are friendly, helpful and do their best to remember things that you like and in our case the seat that we sat in every day for every meal for two weeks, the little touches really go a long way.

The Room
We found the room to be very comfortable and has all the facilities that we needed. You have a wardrobe to store clothes, this wardrobe also contains the safe for you to store your valuables. There is a TV with some limited channels in different languages. Our bed was spacious to the point that you could easily fit another person or 2 in the empty space so that was very nice. It came with a fridge, air con, hair dryer and shower. The only oddity of the room was its bathroom, this is because its not so much a separate room as it is an enclosed space inside the bedroom, this is due to the bathroom being nearly entirely made of glass, the door does not lock and even though its not clear glass you can still see the outlines of people as they go about their business, due to it not locking and the way it is constructed it also means that there is very little in the way of soundproofing. That being said I am not saying that it is bad just that it is something to be aware of. The shower is excellent and has many settings that allow you to shoot jets of water from the wall or activate the rain forest style of overhead shower. The maids come to clean every day and will provide new soap and shower gel/ shampoo refills and generally make the place spotless. Finally our balcony was limited sea view and due to being on the top floor was excellent. The sea was visible and was very nice to sit and look at. The sides of the balcony are made of glass which adds to a really classy feel. If you are a smoker then you can feel free to smoke on the balcony. Note if you choose a balcony without a see view then I assume you get one of the rooms on the other side of the hotel which faces out to the main road and mountains. WiFi is available in the entire hotel, it uses multiple routers so you can always have a strong signal, it is not perfect and did drop out in facetime calls from time to time but generally was very good.

Food and Drink
So we stayed all inclusive which was an interesting take on how I have experienced all inclusive in the past. So it works as follows breakfast you can choose what you want from the buffet, the same goes for lunch, so far so normal. However for Dinner/Tea you come to the buffet area and there will be three main meals that are on display plates, at this point you decide if you want one of those and then choose from the buffet as normal. Now choose a seat and you will be seen to by a waiter/waitress who will pour a glass of water and you now ask them for one of the mains. If you do not want one then obviously do don't have to have one. The food in itself was 8/10 I say this only because I am a very fussy eater, I would personally of liked a little more variety but that being said I never went hungry as there was always something I could eat and what I did eat tasted Beautiful. My Fiance is a normal eater and she absolutely loved everything on offer all of the time we were there.Drinks were excellent and allowed you to have nearly anything that was behind the bar, you could have as much as you liked but certain things are restricted, anything not included is on the previously mentioned details page and also at the bar .The cups used outside are plastic which really should not be a problem for anyone but if that offends you then be aware of that. I am diabetic and they had plenty of Coke Zero so that was no problem on my part, so if you have the same problem then be aware that there is Coke Zero in terms of soft drinks but not much else. in terms of drinks we thought it was excellent and couldn't of asked for anything more.

Pool
The pool area is complementary to the size of the hotel, plenty of room for you to get in and enjoy a swim or just splash and play about, there are sun loungers around the sides, seats at the front and a small island in the pool with around space for six loungers. There is a small poolside bar where you can choose to enjoy a drink, be that soft, alcoholic tea/coffee or a juice. There are also snacks in the pool bar, however, if you are used to other all inclusive locations that serve fries/burgers/hotdogs etc then you may be disappointed as there are only a few cakes or sliced up wraps and although they do have ice cream available at select times you cannot scoop it yourself so you end up with small amounts at a time.

Location
This is the part where it is helpful to do research before going on any holiday. Over the course of the two weeks we were there I talked to other guests and found that some people of similar ages to me (24) found that there was nothing to do in and around the hotel and i'm not going to disagree with that but I will say that I am not complaining about it either. We did our research before we booked and found that entertainment was non existent and that we would have to keep ourselves entertained if at any point it were to rain. It did rain a couple of days and for those who need constant stimulation it could be difficult. This is not Magalluf or Ibiza, essentially you are in the middle of nowhere, a beautiful nowhere but nowhere none the less. You will find small shops within a small walk of the hotel, one of them is 10 seconds walk the other is a 5 minute walk. The Beach is absolutely stunning and only about 100m away, we really were happy with how close it was and if you choose you can take towels from the hotel poolside bar to the beach. It is huge and for the duration we were there had very little people, the water was crystal clear and you could walk out really far, all the while looking at the fish swimming around your feet. Beware that you will be charged for using a lounger on the beach, if this is season specific is a question I cannot answer but be careful if you do not wish to pay.

Staff
This is a small section to dedicate to the staff. They were easily some of the best staff I have ever seen. The reception staff are available 24/7, they are friendly, helpful and will bring you anything you need. The restaurant has brilliant service from Nikos and his team of Anastasia, Stellios and Dimitris. They were always on hand to serve and were polite and friendly, most of all they remembered you and the things that you liked. The bar was operated by Melina and Kiki and they always had a smile on their face. It was easy to tell that the staff was like a big happy family and I definitely say they made our holiday even better.

In Summary if you are looking for somewhere to come and relax and get away from things then this is an excellent holiday. If you need to be constantly stimulated or think that this is Magalluf or equivalent then don't bother.

Overall 8/10

Room tip: Top floor with sea view, makes for excellent views at anytime of the day
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank NathanW2496

Dear Nathan,

first of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience in Princess Golden Hotel as well as for your positive feedback. We hope that you choose us again for your accommodation next year, when the bathrooms of our twin rooms will be renovated as well.
Thank you again!