“great service, not so sure about the food”

Lorraine's Magic Hill
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Lourdata
Price range: US$14 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant, we are offering a warm welcome to new and old friends, beautiful views, a relaxing atmosphere and delicious dishes cooked mainly from our own organic ingredients, free range and organic meats, or sourced locally.
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We ate here on our holiday this October, it was the end of the season, so perhaps that is why there was a limited choice , the owner was extremely polite and friendly , to be honest neither me or my partner enjoyed our meal, he had the cefalonian meat pie and I had the gardeners chicken, mine reminded me of vomit so it was a bit off putting,it may well just have been a poor choice on our part, so sorry magic on the hill, you were very nice to us and even gave us a lift home after, as a little feedback, sometimes with food , less is more, too much mixed stuff on one plate can be off putting, my chicken was covered in a the same thing that i had already had as a starter and it was not very appetising.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We went here on the spur of the moment and were so glad we did. The food here is delicious, home cooked and comes from the host's own farm or is sourced locally so it is lovely and fresh. The chef here certainly knows his craft. Lorraine comes out herself to enthuse about the food and the specials they have on offer that day. They also recommend wine - we were very pleased with the local 'Red Passion' that we had. It is not the cheapest in the area, but well worth every penny.
The other plus for this restaurant is the stunning view over the bay - we were treated to a wonderful lightning show out across Zycanthos on one evening, and on the other were visited by 3 local cats who like to hang around outside looking for treats.

1  Thank Mara F
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had one meal here whilst in Lourdas...the views are lovely and it's quite a big restaurant. Slightly impersonal due to the size compared to the tavernas at the beach but couldn't find fault with the meal we had. The main course was huge though. I ordered salmon and got two salmon fillets ! Great if you like lots of food but was a bit too much for me. It's more expensive than other restaurants but I guess you are paying for the view.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We came here twice during our week stay. Lorraine and her team were very welcoming (I had pre booked a table through Facebook) she came to the table and explained all the dishes and how certain ones were made (we loved the “imam” aubergine) The food was delicious and made with so much passion. Great cocktail menu too and she made the best dessert of coconut mousse cream pie which you have to experience! Was a pleasure to meet Lorraine what a lovely lady.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We walked up the long steps not knowing what to expect but WOW. It was our Anniversary and we were well looked after.
Lorraine comes and talks to all her guests which was especially great for me as I have allergies so was great to eat something that wasn't just a Greek Salad. It was supposed to be a oneoff treat but we had to go again and was not let down. Yes the views are amazing early eve but once it's dark the food taste and service are the real stars