1,045 results
All reviews entertainment team toasties tsilivi beach water polo bunk beds kids disco great holiday three star evening entertainment meal times fussy eater except sunday large pool speed boat captain spiros worked very hard sun loungers
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Where to start...... I'll get all the negatives out first..... We were part of a large party of family and friends who booked this hotel to attend a wedding in Zante. We all booked individually and had used a range of travel agents.
We personally, had used TravelRepublic. After an overnight flight, we arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning. The man on reception informed us we were a day late for our booking and as such, they did not have rooms for us! It turns out, Travelrepublic had sent the hotel, details of the KISS flights which had went bust and we'd had to arrange new flights (also through TravelRepublic) and they had not passed this information on.
After refusing to wait until 9 o'clock to get assigned a room (we had a baby with us), the man reluctantly produced three sets of keys, which I could see from their confirmations, were our allocated rooms anyway.
Next, was the air conditioning. I purposely made sure we booked a hotel with a/c included (it's Greece afterall.) When we woke on the first day, I went to reception to query why our air con was not on. I was informed I'd need to pay 5 euros per day... meaning 70 euros for 2 weeks. I explained this had been part of our package, however they refused and I handed over my money.
I then spoke to other members in the party, turns out it depends who you book with. Believe it or not, there were members in my party who had paid over £100 less than me for the holiday and had free air conditioning. Also, they were charged 5 euros less per week for the use of the safe.
We quickly learned that it also depended who you spoke to on reception and I became very suspicious of where all this extra money I was paying was actually going to.
A week later, more friends and family arrived. This group had booked the exact same way as ourselves (through TravelRepublic) and yet, they were not charged for their air conditioning.
Finally, we had to add an extra night on as our flight was in the evening. A member of the party advised me they had done this for 40 euros. So, I go to reception that night and ask for the same and was told it would be 50 euros. I explained that others THAT DAY had paid 40. She very quickly said 40 would be fine. I began to think that as it was later at night and the manager was away, they were just chancing their luck.
When we got to our room the floor was disgusting and my feet turned black. After all the hassle checking in, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of requesting a new room. The cleaners did a very quick mop of the floor (ususally with a dirty mop which stank the room out of smelly feet) and made the beds. Towels were changed every three days (supposed to be anyway.)
Breakfast in the restaurant was nice..... lunch was bearable..... and dinner was not. We ended up eating out every night for dinner. It could just be that we are too fussy. It was mainly greek dishes that were on offer and at that, sometimes they would forget to place up the signs that tell you what it is that you're eating. Thank goodness for the toasties at the pool.... they were really good! Also, the little restaurant across the road from the hotel was handy if we missed breakfast.
The hotel itself..... LOVELY. We really liked the hotel i.e. pool and location. We were really impressed with it, considering it was only a 3*. We would definately return to Zante, but instead would choose to stay in apartments where we can suit ourselves.
You'll see from my other reviews that I don't complain much. Had it only been my partner and myself, we probably would have been none the wiser and handed over money for all of these "extra" costs without a thought. But, having other people with us, it soon became clear that there was no consistency between the hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank _-_L4UR4_-_
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. My partner, my 4 yr old daughter and myself's first family holiday abroad. We were all inclusive. Hotel is gr8, pool was lovely :) We had a ground floor room which was ideal for my daughter and not having to clmb stairs. Was right on the beach front, had to bay 6 euros for two sunbeds and a parasol. Only did it once, used my towels the rest of the time.
Hotel is only a short walk up to main stretch of tsivili, bars are gr8 and i lked browsing the shops.
Travelled over for my best friends wedding so was over 30 of us dotted about the resort.
Wedding was out of this world. AMAZING.
Only thing i didnt like was the food, was a good few choices on the buffet. Pastas was lovely but no chicken breasts the full week we were there. Quite a few nationalities so cooks were trying to keep everyone happy. We ate out a few nights. Restaurants were delicious..
Rep was lovely and always there to help.
Would defo go back to tsivili maybe not that hotel unless food improved.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Stayed for 1 week end of June and had a wonderful time. Weather fab, The hotel is situated looking onto beach front which is fab. Lots of activities for children, icecream and drinks supplied all day long not at set times...Food was great for the non fussy eater as there was salads, plenty pasta dishes and meat dishes. Maybe could have more choice for children only downside. We went on shipwreck trip which was lovely buT we did not go ashore which was dissapointing and we returned early due to supposed high winds. This was quite expensive for what we got. We thought the drinks were of a good standard not watered down as they usually are . All in all we had a great time and we wish we were still there.

Room Tip: Poolside view and Sea view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BlairboyDurham
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Me and a friend have just returned from Tsivili Beach Hotel after a weeks stay. When I booked I was guided by other people's comments and all in all they gave a good indication on the type of hotel it was and what to expect. Here are my views:

Good Points
The hotel is situated right on the beach and is within walking distance of all of the local amenities, bars, restaurants etc.
There were always plenty of sunloungers around the pool so no need to get up early to reserve a good spot.
Ian who works for Levante organised a fantastic speedboat trip with Captain Spiros to see the famous shipwreck. Highly recommend this trip and only cost 40 Euros.
The bus stop is at the end of the road and the local buses take you into Zante town for under 2 Euros each way.

Bad Points
No pool towels were provided which i thought ridiculous. I've never been to an all inclusive resort and had to provide my own beach towel.
Breakfast started at 8 a.m. prompt which was quite late (for me anyway!).
The wine and coffee was horrible. Mixers for alcoholic drinks were watered down to the point where you could only taste the alcohol. After 3 days we went to the supermarket and bought our own fruit juices to mix with drinks.
I read before i came that the 2 bar staff were great. Well they weren't the same guys that we had. They were miserable, rude and made you feel guilty evertime you asked for a drink.
The only snacks served were cheese and ham toasties and they were only available at certain times of the day.
The maids worked hard but never cleared away dirty glasses left on the balcony so by the end of the holiday we had a huge collection.
And last but not least the food - we didn't expect much with it been all inclusive but after a couple of days it got quite bad. Everything looked the same, stodgy and uninviting. We ended up going out for meals.
Definately wouldn't go again and probably never do all inclusive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HelenMarkhamLeeds
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My wife and i went all inclusive for the first time. As we had no other all inclusive food to compare it to we thought it was quite good , although other people staying there didn't so i suppose it's a matter of taste . The only thing we thought let it down slightly was coffee and the cola but a tin of Nescafe only cost us1euro 15 and with no kids cola wasn't a problem . Beer and other drinks were good tho. Daily entertainment was great and i would advise anyone to take part no matter their age as i took part in most things from football to water polo at 48 great fun and made many new friends (even the wife took part in french boules ). Rooms were clean and tidy with a few minor glitches (electric worked on a key in the slot principle and ours conked out three times ) but hey we were on holiday so why let it bother you . I thought the beds were really comfy but my wife didn't . But we wouldn't hesitate to go back for a great atmosphere .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple