“Disgusting service!”

Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nikos, a family run taverna has been offering good food at reasonable prices for the last 30 years and it has been a favourite of Greeks and local foreigners alike. Our friendly service is renowned for its speed and efficiency and our menu offers a selection to suit all tastes. Nikos Restaurant is open from early in the morning until deep into the night serving breakfast, snacks and dinners.
Reviewed 6 October 2017

More of a Kebab shop/cafe than restaurant but you'll also be served untold attitude, rudeness and aggression should you complain to the manager Nico. In my opinion it's an overpriced kebab shop, but to be fair offers amazing vegetable soup (you really must try it) and good Giros but that's it! Be warned about the main courses (which do NOT resemble the board photos) and even more so the arrogant manager!

Having been here several times and sampled the Giros we decided to eat a main meal of authentic Moussaka (having also tried this dish in several other restaurants) - how disappointing! The dish wasn't presented in a traditional hot bowl (as everywhere else in Greece), was an exceptionally meagre in size, served on a cold plate with two tiny round pieces or garlic bread and was tasteless. The manager erupted in anger halfway through when I asked why didn't the dish resemble the photos on the cafe wall (in a traditional huge bowl) and lacked in taste?

His answer was that Moussaka dishes are illegal in Skiathos (seriously!). He stropped off and begun shouting under his breath.

We decided to ask a second waitress a similar question of why the dish doesn't resemble the photo to which we were told 'that's an old photo' and also 'customers where tipping the contents out to cool it down'. I’ll leave you to ponder…

I commented to the manager again upon having eaten most of the dish (I was starving) and questioned the cost of the dish, which was greater than even local fine-dine restaurants. I mentioned this was not value for money and of my disappointment would the restaurant be prepared to offer compensation (having been here several times before and being a loyal holiday customer)?

No compensation was offered (not even a soft drink). The manager erupted yet again and began shouting after I refused the full cost of the Moussaka and begun ranting in front of all customers across the restaurant at us and threatened to call the police!

Thankfully his wife calmed him down and to resolve the embarrassment of everyone including his wife and all customers who clearly were in shock at the outburst, I paid the full amount. He continued shouting at us as we walked away.

Having said all this, his son was an excellent waiter - good on you fella and thank you for your genuine hospitality.

2  Thank Lea R

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This is equivalent to cafe grub in the U.K. You get what you pay for. Saying that, the staff were lovely and the food was simple but very tasty! And I even got given a free bottle of water with my bill :)

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had both breakfast and dinners here.
Friendly relaxed atmosphere. Lovely mixed menu.
A real must try spot if you're in town

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Very good evening meal
Had lamb chops we had about 4 each very tasty
Only went the once but I would recommend

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We visited here on the 19/07/17. It always looked busy whilst we were on holiday and trip advisor is about the writers opinion and experience. Well based on my experience and opinion this place is rank.
Other than the friendly staff ( which is the reason I gave it one mark otherwise I would have given it no marks ) the food here was horrid. We ordered a gyros it could have been chicken pork or shoe insole for what it tasted like. Whatever it was it had been cooked in oil, not olive oil but rancid mucky fat. We actually left feeling some abdominal overtures were due that night as a result of the food. Like I say it is my opinion. My advice. Avoid it.

2  Thank Budwasti