Felix Residence(Trapezaki)(Great Value!)
Jovanna Studios(Trapezaki)
  • Pool
Oneira Villas(Trapezaki)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnothing is too much troublenext yearpool barother guestsbeautiful islandrelaxing holidayyear after yearcold bottle of watertotal relaxationcar hiremoment you arrivestandard roombeach towelsbeautiful hotelionian seamoussakaowners and staff
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Trapezaki Bay hotel for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived at the airport, we were treated like royalty by the hotel. They had sent a someone to meet all the new guests at the airport and, knowing we were newlyweds, organized a private car with flowers for us! The owner, Niko and Sophia, are absolutely lovely and you almost feel like you are part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble and we were spoilt rotten. Want to hire a car...no problem, the car comes to you. Want to go on a day trip....no problem, book it at the front desk and a bus will pick you up from the hotel doorstep. Being a no children hotel, the pool is blissfully quiet and overlooks the sea with Zante in the distance. You couldn't ask for a more perfect setting. Most guests are repeaters and come back year after year because of the wonderful setting but most of all I expect, because of the wonderful people running the place! I just feel a bit bad I didn't get around to writing this review until now! Thanks Nico and Sophia for a wonderful honeymoon! We can't wait to book our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GirlFriday_9
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband & I have recently returned from a holiday to the Trapezaki Bay Hotel. I have to be honest and say that this hotel is totally unlike any other hotel that I have stayed in. It is an older style of hotel with a slightly old fashioned interior - if you can imagine older style furniture with a doll sitting on the sofa (the room downstairs between the staircase, and the lift, just before the restaurant), plastic flowers displayed on the walls in the bedrooms, cabinets in the hallways displaying china ladies, plus glass ornaments given to the owners by 'beloved guests'. When we first arrived we thought that we were staying at a 'saga' hotel!

You have to bear in mind that the age group of many of the people staying in the hotel is between 60 and 70 years of age. There were a couple of ladies staying in their 80's! There is nothing wrong with this at all, it's purely that this hotel is therefore geared towards a very mature age group of people, and therefore I think that most of the reviews for this hotel are all from people in that age group.

Yes there are lots of the people staying, who are returning guests. They come to the hotel often, as much as twice a year, as it suits their requirements. The only thing with this was that we found some of these guests therefore had their little 'cliques' and they looked down their noses at some of the other guests (there was one couple in particular who were quite standoffish, who acted like it was their hotel as well!)

The rooms either overlook the bay at the front or the mountains at the back of the hotel. The views from the front were lovely! You have to bear in mind that the rooms at the front get hot and the AC isn't that wonderful to be honest. The balconies are quite small and not very private, if you are sitting on the balcony reading or chatting with your other half, then you have to bear in mind that your neighbour is within ear shot of all conversations!

Everyone has such high expectations for their holiday as we all work so hard and I fully appreciate that no where is totally perfect. Ignoring the above, you can't overlook the facts that the views across the bay from the terrace are lovely, and the hotel is in an extremely quiet location although quite remote, so if you want somewhere quiet to chill out and just swim, read, eat & drink then maybe this is what you are looking for.

Going back to the rooms, the beds were quite hard and the pillows felt like lumps of lead, but I understand that Nikos is planning on replacing them for next year which will be a very good idea!

Although the hotel had some strange quirks, it did actually grow on us over the time that we stayed there. As it was our first time to the island, we hired a car for a few days and visited Assos, Fiscardo, Mythos Beach, Skala, Agia Efimia, Katelios, and St George's Castle to name a few places. We found a lovely bay near the port (about 10 minute drive away from the hotel). Some guests just go and stay by the pool not moving away from the hotel for two weeks!

We walked to the taverna called Denis (at the bottom of the steep hill near the beach which was only open during the day as they are now shut for the end of the season), Stamna and Koyzina (up at the cross roads about 20 minutes walk from the hotel) - we preferred Koyzina as the food was better!

When we had the car, the best place that we found to eat at in the evening was a tavernas called Andromeda in Lourdas. Wonderful food, presentation and service! Really good, and reasonable in cost. We had a set menu one night, very good, and then went to the Greek night on a Thursday for the Greek buffet. Again wonderful............

The hotel dog, called Rocco, is lovely - he lives in a fenced area and loves having some human contact & attention. The animals are treated differently in Greece and we were told that the locals poison all the stray cats & dogs at the end of the season which was a bit upsetting to be honest so Rocco was in the best place. If anyone reads this, please give Rocco a hug or a walk (some of the guests did take him for a walk) as he is a lovely dog. Nikos has several cats and some tortoises as well

I know that my review is lengthy but I wanted to be honest about our stay as we make our decisions based on information given in reviews on different places. All in all we made the most of our holiday and enjoyed our time here. I would recommend having the use of a car! The weather was very mixed unfortunately with a day of sun followed by a day of rain or grey skies, but I understand that September can be like that. It would have been lovely to have sat on the terrace for an evening meal, or had breakfast out on the terrace but unfortunately there was too many wasps at breakfast time!

There are so many places in the world to visit, time and money permitting, so I don't imagine that we will visit again for a little while, but I am not discounting coming again (when I am a bit older!!)

8  Thank Jaegerchick
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We really enjoyed our two weeks holiday in this delightful hotel. No wonder people return year after year. Nikos and Sofia make everybody so welcome and they really want you to share their home with them. Friendly staff, spotlessly clean, elegant rooms with wonderful views of the sea and mountains.
You need a car to explore the area although many guests were happy to lie on a sun lounger by the pool all day and enjoy the luxury of the amenities. Only one thing to note - the walk back to the hotel from Trapezaki beach is up a steep hill!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2009

very welcoming,unobtrusive service, nothing is too much trouble
rooms are great
beautiful,quiet location

Reviewed 13 September 2009

Niko,Sofia & the whole Trapezaki Bay team did everything possible to give the visitor a perfect holiday filled with wonderful memories .
The Greek evening that is included with one of the evening meals is the icing on the cake - the music & dancing was brilliant. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - A PERFECT PLACE FOR A PEACEFUL & RELAXING BREAK.