“Best in Benitses”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Early May this year I stayed during a week in Avra Hotel in Benitses, while many places around were still preparing to the opening of the season. Avra on the Beach Tavern is just across the street right at the seaside.
What stroke me most positively at the Tavern was attention to a lot of small details - combination of colors, flowers, stones and shells used in decor, good lounge music and location, so I knew immediately - it's my place.
Next thing, the size of meals, they were always huge and delicious, very quickly prepared and nicely served. Personnel is multilingual and friendly, always helpful, so you will have no problem in communication.
It is a perfect place to eat, relax, read a book, stare into the sea, have some stress-free chat, lay in the sun, drink some cocktail or just do absolutely nothing, you will enjoy every moment there.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stayed in Benitses for a week in early May and spent most of our time in this place once we discovered it! I have been dreaming about the Greek salad I ate there since we left. It is absolutely delicious. They use the best of ingredients and they have passion for food - it shows in everything they serve. I haven't even mentioned the pancakes. They are also the best I have ever eaten. The homemade lemonade is delicious. The setting is lovely and the people are friendly. Wherever you are on the island of Corfu, it is worth a trip to Benitses for this simply delicious food.

2  Thank rcabc
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Having struggled to find somewhere decent to eat for our evening meal, I searched on Tripadvisor for guidance. This restaurant came up as good so we decided to try it. There were 4 of of who went to eat here including a fussy vegetarian. There was not a lot of choice for the veggie as she does not eat fish either, but she chose the vegetarian spaghetti. I had the pork souvlaki, and the other 2 had the chicken breast which came with a choice chips or rice. The meals were served beautifully presented and freshly cooked. They all had a lot of flavour, well seasoned and very tasty. We also had had a pineapple mojito, aperol spritz, small beer and a strawberry margarita. All served in appropriate glasses and the real McCoy not cheap and nasty replacements. After the meal we were given 2 complimentary desserts to try. A chocolate orange cake which was lush and a sweet grainy dessert which we were not so keen on. It was very reasonably priced too. The restaurant is decorated in blue and white and is quite rustic. On my experience, I would recommend this restaurant. We were seated outside although there is a vine covered roof and I’m not sure if you can inside.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Love this restaurant on the beach. The food is fantastic and you can sit and have your breakfast, lunch or dinner looking out over the beautiful vista of the sea. I had the prawn saganaki and the sweet and sour chicken amongst other great meals, delicious and very tasty. I loved their home made lemonade which is to die for!! Lovely and refreshing when you are lying on your sunbed. My husband and I will return to Avra for their great hospitality, friendliness and great food.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food here is excellent, the view stunning and the staff friendly and welcoming. This is a little bit of paradise. The restaurant is set just a few meters from the sea with brilliant views and has a fantastic feel of being typically Greek. We had breakfast most mornings at a cost of 7 euros which includes tea coffee juice milk. pick anything on the breakfast menu you wont be disappointed. I particularly loved their greek omelette whilst my wifes favourite was the greek yogurt with honey nuts and muesli. If there are two of you lunch is a no brainer go for the Greek salad ( not only best in Curfu but best we have ever had) to share and a homemade lemonade(its to die for). The dinner menu is mainly greek, my wife had the prawn saganaki and asked that it only had a little feta. It was no trouble at all to the chef and was superb. I went for the dorades on the grill (sea bream) it honestly was the best I have had. This lady can cook. We ate in a few other places during our two week visit but none could compare to the quality and overall experience of Avra on the beach. Don't miss out.