“Best New Italian Restaurant in Dalkeith”
Review of Anema & Core

Anema & Core
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Reviewed 13 June 2017

A new Italian restaurant opened in Dalkeith so we had to try. My first impression was lovely, ambiance was very relaxing. This I put down to the seating...cosy alcoves. On arrival you are greeted in a typical friendly Italian way. The owner is from the Neapolitan area and I would say are his staff. Not hassled in any way for you order. Small point of note...you are forewarned that if busy your meal may take a little longer. The menu is not vast which I often like in a restaurant. Some basic Italian starters. However, the main courses are very Neapolitan in the way of seafood based. All food is cooked scratch. They also offer, if required, a variation of what is on the menu to suit your eating requirements. It would be advisable to check when booking. They sell Moretti Italian lager...one of my favorites...another plus mark. The wine list looked as if all the wines were from Italy, which isn't a bad thing.

The restaurant was busy, however the staff didn't show any sign of being stressed. For Italians, that isn't bad going.

Once we had settled down the waiter asked if it was our first time, which it was and he made us most welcome.

We ordered 3 Lemoncellos each and as kind gesture the were on the house,

I will certainly be back and will recommend this top class Italian restaurant to anyone. To add to this recommendation there were what looked like regulars coming and going, so that says a lot a for a newly opened restaurant.

Go, give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Sutherland59

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We've been twice now and both times have been excellent. It's the best Italian food in Edinburgh. And although it was busy our waiter was very attentive, helpful and funny. All the staff are great especially Antonio, he is a credit to your restaurant.

2  Thank walke1
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Although it has somewhat restrictive seating arrangements in some parts of the establishment this does not diminish from the absolutely stonking dishes that are available to you from an extensive menu. My family visited this excellent Italian eatery twice by general concensus as being the best eating place in town and won great respect from my 7 year old grandson. All our choices were superb and they hade an excellent house red and white wine available. It reminded me of eating in Napoli over 40 years ago !

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This has become 'my local' and I have made several visits, with friends and on my own. I have not had a disappointing meal yet. Meals are delicious, generous and reasonably priced. Antonio and his team are great and can't do enough for you. I recommend the Special Bread Basket, Scialatielli Ceci e Frutti di Mare, and cannoli. Run, don't walk!

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

At last, Dalkeith finally has a place that serves great espresso!! Only popped in for a quick shot.... ended up staying for two and a full lunch. Great friendly service, spotlessly clean. Will definitely be back. Thank you.

3  Thank Adrian_S_Smith