“good christmas decor and tree lighting”

Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in National Harbor
Reviewed 5 December 2011

overall nice looking resort with pretty Christmas decoration. only downside was there were a ton of kids at the resort. the resort felt like a cross between disney and a casino.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I attended the National Drug Court Conference at the Gaylord this past July. It is a beautiful facility located about 15 minutes south of D.C. There were a lot of attendees at the conference but the meeting rooms were more than adequate at the Gaylord. Prices are high for their services. Our rooms were on the back side of the holel since we had a group rate. We didn't have rooms with the spectacular views of D.C. and Alexandria. I was familiar with the high food prices from staying at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville so we ate all our meals outside the hotel in the National Harbor area. The rooms we stayed in were just standard, nothing that blows you away. Overall, I liked my experience at the the Gaylord and enjoyed my stay during the conference

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was my second trip to the Gaylord, although technically the first time I stayed in the Residence in across the street and merely attended meetings in the conference Center. If I had a choice, I would have stayed across the street again. I attended a conference and unfortunately, the hotel was hosting three programs at once. This meant everyone was competing for parking space, prompt service, and food. Because of all the activity, we expected things to run slowly and they did. We had a rather awful experience with the bellman, whose name I will never forget but won't publicize. The food is quite expensive. After a small tip, I paid about $40 for a burger, fries, and a drink to be delivered to my room - which by the way took over an hour. However, the seafood restaurant while also expensive was quite good. The buffet was reasonably priced (about $20) and the food there was good as well.

There is nothing special to report about the rooms. Mine was clean and none of my personal items were stolen. Please note that the walls are very thin. It seemed as if I could hear every door in a 50 yard radius open and close and people knocking to gain entrance throughout the night. There were some young people on my hall ready to party so a revolving door would have done us all some good.

I still consider the Gaylord to be a rather new hotel with a great deal to learn about customer service and general management. I did get a glimpse of the Shrek characters walking through the hotel so if you have children, I'm sure they would really enjoy it. I'm positive I would have had a better experience if I went during a down time. The staff would have been less stressed, had better/faster service, and maybe less hall traffic at night. Keep your timing in mind when you're booking. For the future, I'll be staying across the street.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jcuvafan
Reviewed 2 December 2011

You always know when you stay at a Gaylord that you are going to have great service, a great time and stay in a beautiful property. However, you also pay for it! lol. I am at a Gaylord each year at this time for a national conference and they are always nice and everything is always taken care of when you need it. There is also a somewhat hefty price for it all. The restaurants in the hotel are wonderful with great service but you will pay about 30% more for food of similar quality within a few blocks outside. The Christmas/Holiday set up is second to none - absolutely gorgeous. The rooms and the whole hotel are spotless. They must have an army working there because it is always beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Originally planned a one day trip to see ICE but the hotel offerred a wonderful package that decided to stay 2 nights. The ICE display was well worth it, the artists are amazingly talented, I plan on going every year from now on. The staff at the hotel are very helpful, kind, and friendly, despite the large crowds for ICE the hotel was clean, organized, and quiet where the rooms are located. The atrium is a visual thrill with all the Holiday lights, also a very busy area, enjoyed the Belvedere for drinks while people watching and enjoying the water show. Nice touch providing cookies and chilled apple cider in the lobby. The place is lovely and in the heart of the National Harbor, a fun place to spend weekend nights. Definitely would recommend Bob McKeys piano bar for a raunchy good time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2.9 km away
Harborside Hotel
Harborside Hotel
#2 of 4 in Oxon Hill

Been to Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!