See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in mid June for one night and wished it was much longer. The setting of Regencos, a small old medieval style village, near the more famous Pals was quiet and picturesque but near Begur and other attractions. The hotel restaurant is high end but very reasonable value for money with good use of local ingredients, flowers and herbs. We had possibly the best breakfast ever there of fresh fruits, local cured meats, cheese, great Coffee and fresh orange. Choose your room carefully as we definitely would have picked a larger one than the double we had. It was fine for a night with a lovely bathroom and excellent toiletries, but not much space in the bedroom itself. We caught glimpses of much larger rooms while they were being cleaned. The hotel itself was a wonderful fusion of old farm house with Scandinavian interiors plus an English style garden and pool area with the odd piece of sculpture. The staff were helpful and polite without being intrusive, always willing to help. I would not hesitate to recommend this place for adults who want to get away from it but have great facilities on hand. I will definitely plan to return

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OnAir674399
Director H, Director de Recepción at Hotel del Teatre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you very much indeed.
Your comments are full of satisfaction and help us continue to improve.
Welcome! Best regards

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This was our 4th stay at the hotel. Its a lovely old building located in a small sleepy village that is well situated for the nearby towns of Pals and Begur and the many beaches. The rooms are very spacious and well furnished, and there is a nice garden with a small pool and plenty of space for lounging. The breakfast is great, and the restaurant is nice for an evening meal (although the chef seems slightly obsessed with serving flowers with every dish which i don't quite understand). Only slight complaint was a noisy AC unit, but otherwise it was a great stay.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimonJL

Thank you for your constructive comments, thank you for your opinion, help us to improve and to be able to advance in our work
Yours.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

My wife and I were blessed to spend our 32nd wedding anniversary at this very quaint & quiet boutique hotel. The proprietors are a young couple, whose collective energy, is boundless. You feel welcome just looking at their smiles!

We departed Paris for Barcelona on June 2nd in the early afternoon, and took a two
hour cab ride to this beautiful part of Spain-our first trip to this particular region. We arrived in the late afternoon, did some local sightseeing and shopping in the nearby villages, and prepared for a wonderful dinner. We had been informed a few months before our reservations that the restaurant was" fantastic", and the chef and company, did not disappoint! We had (I think I counted) a 12 course meal, and the course presentations were better than any presentations that I had ever had in the fanciest restaurants in Paris or New York. Some of our favorites from the menu, Baby potatoes roasted in ashes, razor clams, emulsion of cod with flower honey, grilled foie gras with artichoke ice cream, Iberian suckling pig, tataki of tuna, "10 vetas" Jabugo ham, and last, but not least, the "Flower Power" and "Conguito" salted peanut ice-cream with mint and dark chocolate dessert. Let me be very clear, the referenced dishes were with eatable flowers, herbs, and olive oils, from the local garden. This gastronomique meal was very unique and one that we will remember the rest of our lives. In addition to the courses discussed above, the chef presented our table with a special mushroom with pine nuts. I am embarrassed to say I forgot the specific name of the mushroom, but it was wonderful. We live in Houston, Texas, and I will state emphatically that we will go out of our way to return to Hotel Del Teatre and Restaurant La Calendula. Watch this restaurant, it is worthy of all the Michelin stars available.

Room tip: We enjoyed the suite on the top floor. Very good nights rest.
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Allen L

Thank you very much for all this positive comments, this gives us balm to the heart
Your comments encourage us to continue doing what we like most take care of our customers and surprise them with our kitchen in a place as magical as the theater of Regencós.
The name of the mushroom with pine nuts is "morel mushrooms" Normally in our region they usually leave in the spring.
The star is not in the Michelin guide but in our kitchen
We want to see them soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

This is a delightful hotel to stay in if you are looking for a charming, small town on the Costa Brava, not too far from Barcelona. The building is beautiful inside and outside, and the restaurant across the street....Calendula...which is associated with the hotel, is also great.

Room tip: any rooms would appear to be great
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comment.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I can't remember how I found this gem of a hotel, but I'm so glad I did. We stayed for 3 nights in May and although the weather wasn't as warm as we wanted, the hotel and surroundings more than made up for it. The room and amenities are very new (interior of the hotel was just finished last July 2015). The breakfast is Amazing with a capital A. Fresh cheeses and salami, fresh teas, the best bread you will have anywhere nearby, fresh fruit, the list goes on. With a nice view of the garden and the pool, you're sure to start your day off right! The service is amazing. Marie-Laure was more than helpful and helped us arrange wine tasting in the area. The common area has coffee and tea and the restaurant La Calendula is Catalan cuisine with a fine dining polish. My one tip is to book a bigger room than the Junior Double. We were in this room and it's the smallest and (I think) darkest room.

Room tip: Book a senior room or bigger. The smallest Junior Room is very very small and a bit dark. I think the upgrade would have been worth it.
Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Silva774
Director H, Director de Recepción at Hotel del Teatre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you very much for yours comments.