“Fabulous pasta with seasonal truffles”

Ristorante Enoteca Piazza del Popolo
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in San Miniato
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Three of us had lunch here about three weeks ago. In particular, my friend Sue wanted pasta with truffles, since it was truffle season in Tuscany. Her entree was very simple - just spaghetti with oil and shaved truffles on top - but was so delicious and memorable, she hopes to recreate it back home in the US. I wish I had written down the name of the local rustic pasta dish our friend and I had. I'll try to find the photo to post. It was something our Italian friend said his family makes all the time for casual meals and it was out of this world. This tiny restaurant in lovely San Miniato is one I'd return to again and again - if I were lucky enough to LIVE in bella Tuscany!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had a great carpaccio as starter. Ok wine. As main a steak and added white truffle, which did not taste much, interesting. Even without the truffles the price was high. Funny waiter.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stayed in San Miniato for a week during the week of November Truffle Festival and ate truffles daily at restaurants. Piazza del Popolo is a very short walk from the Hotel San Miniato (which is a beautiful, clean and well managed hotel that was a historic convent). It turned out to be the best restaurant of our stay. I had their 5 course (and an additional surprise apertivo) tasting menu with white truffles on each dish. My friend had their roasted autumn vegetables and their Jerusalem artichoke soup with truffles. What differentiates Piazza del Popolo restaurant is that Chef Agnese Zingoni knows to use subtle flavors (herbs, spices, cheeses, sauces) to allow the ingredients and truffle to shine fully and augment each dish and she also gets her truffles fresh from a family source. Service was outstanding. This experience should not be missed.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stayed in San Miniato for a week during the week of November Truffe Festa and ate truffles daily at restaurants. Piazza del Popolo is a very short walk from the Hotel San Miniato (which is a beautiful, clean and well managed hotel that was a historic convent). It turned out to be the best restaurant of our stay. I had their 5 course (and an additional surprise apertivo) tasting menu with white truffles on each dish. My friend had their roasted autumn vegetables and their Jerusalem artichoke soup with truffles. What differentiates Piazza del Popolo restaurant is that Chef Agnese Zingoni knows to use subtle flavors (herbs, spices, cheeses, sauces) to allow the ingredients and truffle to shine fully and augment each dish and she also gets her truffles fresh from a family source. Service was outstanding. This experience should not be missed.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We were the only table in the restaurant so had the whole place to ourselves. We did the tasting menu and also tried 3 other dishes! All were incredible! They were super friendly, played us all of our favourite songs and kept the prosecco flowing. We had a lovely evening and would highly reccomend this place if you are in the area.