Kata Noi Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$31
Trip.com
Katanoi Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$30
4,673 results
All reviewsthani wingjunior suitecoconut barfisherman's wharfmassage ladieschom talayocean frontsiam smiletuk tukkids clubthai restaurantkata townmini martgames roomrelaxing holidayour honeymoonmonsoon season
Reviewed 2 April 2016

We attended a family wedding here and were very impressed with the level of service provided. The bride spoke so highly of all the staff she had been dealing with prior to the day, and what we experienced on the day was superb. The wedding venue was a spectacular outdoor setting – a little hot during the 5pm ceremony, but we were provided with cold towels once the ceremony finished.

The food and beverage quality was excellent. As a vegetarian, the buffet arrangements did not provide suitable dishes. When I spoke to a staff member to enquire regarding vegetarian dishes, he immediately brought out the chef who enquired as to what I would like. He prepared extra to what I had suggested, and served the dishes personally to me. The food was wonderful, and the attitude was the best we had seen in Thailand. The staff were very attentive with our drinks as well, offering a large variety throughout the evening.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbugbitten10
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel deserves 2 stars...

1 for the beautiful beach
And
1 for the lovely staff.

Apart from those 2 things this hotel is disappointing. The Bhuri wing is like being in a butlins holiday camp....15 years ago !

Small rooms that are badly designed and apparently only updated 12-18 months ago. If you happen to be in the Bhuri wing rooms starting with an 8 like us don't take a room that is odd numbered (8103 etc)

You will be subject to noise from building sites, busy roads, mopeds, taxis and a massive neon 7/11 sign. Oh and not to forget the feral cats that howl all night long.

The walls are paper thin and the corridor echoes so much just someone walking down it at night will wake you up.

Kids club is disappointing with the same activities being offered every day. And filled to the brim with cheap plastic toys. It was pretty clean but my children were bored after one visit.

The swimming pools are old but well maintained. The grounds and gardens are immaculate.

The breakfast buffet (Chong talay) was boring and flavourless. The coffee barely palatable. Buffet dinner is okay for 1 night and the seafood restaurant was awful ! Pizza and pasta near the beach club were okay.

This is our 6th family trip to Thailand staying at many beautiful resorts on Koh Samui, Phuket and Bangkok. The only reason this is my first review is I felt all the other reviews I read about this 'resort' were misleading.

The wing facing the beach would be a much nicer outlook but I would still rather spend my money and my holiday elsewhere. Thanks but no thanks Katathani.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank stone1980
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Will never go back to this Hotel. On arrival the smell of raw sewage at the front of the Hotel is truly disgusting and it was there for the whole stay. We booked a ground floor twin queen bed with garden view which was confirmed by the Hotel. On arrival we were shown to a room on the 3rd floor 8119 which had a view of a building site, rubbish everywhere and it was just awful. My wife then burnt 2 hours getting shown other options but eventually we had to take the room above with being promised a move the next day to the booked room. The lady manager at reception was awful and rude to my wife and after relating all of this to the manager he were finally moved to the correct room. The lady manager was told to apologies to my wife and delivered flowers 2 days later. The manager was great and were given free evening meal vouchers for the 3 nights. When we moved to the new room the air con did not work and we had the smell of sewage via the air con every 2 hours. The air con was fixed the next day. The wifi in the hotel I would suggest is the worst in Thailand, the hotel it self is based along the whole Katathani beach which is lovely. Facilities are ok and the pools are really good. Best part for us was going to the Rock bar at the far left of the beach which is just a little shack bar run by a couple of locals. A lot better friendly service than the Hotel Staff. The majority of the Hotel staff seemed miserable and didn't really seem to want to be working. Final best part for the whole family was getting in a taxi to leave the Hotel to Centara Karon Resort Phuket which is fantastic

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Arrived at Phuket Airport early morning and got a metered taxi to the Katathani Beach Hotel which cost approx 850 Bhat which took about 1 hour. On arrival at the hotel, unfortunately our room was not ready, however the hotel upgraded us to a Delux room overlooking one of their several pools which was clean a warm on the Bhuri wing. The hotel is split in two halfs, the Bhuri Wing and the Thani Wing. The Bhuri Wing is slightly set back from the beach, but the Thani Wing is closer to the beach. Our hotel room was amazing with a lift to the third floor, lovely decor with attention to detail, including bath robes, flip flops, great AC, WIFI (paid 500 Bhat for 7 days)fridge, comfy double bed, big TV, plenty of wardrobe space and drawers, however their were limited plug points. Breakfast is served in 2 different locations which had ample choices of hot and cold food. The hotel provides beach towels, fresh ones every day and daily complementry bottles of water. Chambermaids make up the room every day. Their are plenty of available padded sun loungers with umbrellas as the hotel stretches the length of the beach and the gardens are kept immaculately. The hotel staff are exceptional. The hotel has a good games room, library and gym. Their are a few restaurants on the road outside the hotel, of note TA Restaurant and Moms Tri Kitchen at Villa Royale were excellent, Villa Royale up the hill and over looking the sea. The beach was not crowded as most visitors came from the hotel. A great stay.

Room Tip: Thani wing, closer to the beach
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank warsanc
Reviewed 31 March 2016

The hotel responded very positively to the review of my first stay 9 months ago. This prompted me to choose to stay in Katathani again.

In comparison with much cheaper hotels in Japan , the highly regarded Katathani did not supply bathroom amenities such as toothbrush and shaver, nor a fruit basket (this is actually a great way to promote the local fruits grower / industry!) - this is an area for improvement.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com