See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed at Toyo Inn for business on December. This is my second time staying at this hotel. The rooms are small but that is to be expected. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is very good with some variety. I really enjoyed it!

The hotel is in a good location. It's next to a grocery store, shops and restaurants. It's also a close walk to other restaurant as well as the JR station.

Overall, a good stay and would welcome a future visit while on business.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

The 2nd floor traditional bath sets this place apart from all other ekimae choices in Kariya.
The breakfast is also near the best with respect to quality and variety day-to-day. They also serve an economical and good dinner in the same dining area if you're not comfortable ordering from local shops.
Very near to the station and right next to the convenient Apita shopping for groceries, snacks, gifts, almost anything.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2014

I Stayed at the Toyo Inn for 2 weeks for business. Rooms are nice and facilities are enough for a business traveler. There are vending machines in the corridor. I didn't have a chance to have dinner at the restaurant, there are plenty of restaurants, shopping malls and bars nearby, so had a great time.

Room Tip: Front Facing rooms on the corner are good choice with a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dwaipayan P
Reviewed 17 November 2012

For the price this is a really good business hotel. The room was very small but had everything I needed (bed mainly). Locks were old school key locks (need to make sure you don't forget to lock your door behind you). No room safe. The included breakfast had a good variety and changed enough every day. Mostly Japanese selections but also had eggs, croissant and pastries every day. Cabled Internet worked fine and I had no issues hooking it up to my wireless router.
The Japanese bath is really nice and relaxing. Plenty big enough for a dozen people but I don't think there was ever more than 3-4 the time I was there. Ladies only time is 8-9pm. The rest of the time is mixed bathing. Well maybe. I doubt you'll ever see a lady in there at other times. The one person rotenburo is emptied in the morning but available at night. I never saw anybody use it but me.
I used the room's "unit bath" shower one day but then figured it was a lot more relaxing and just as fast to go downstairs in my yukata and use the ofuro even in the mornings. If you're six feet or taller you won't be able to stand up in the room shower, by the way.
The hotel is a very short two-minute walk from the station.
Also very convenient is the Apita shopping center right next door which has a large grocery store, home goods, drug store and even a McDonalds and Mr. Donuts. Just about anything you might want should be there.
If I wasn't going to use the ofuro, I'd probably stay at the Meitetsu Inn but most likely I'll use the Toyo Inn next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mdchachi
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Stayed at the Toyo Inn for 2 weeks for business. Rooms are typical of Japanese business hotel (small and simple). Two things help this hotel stand out. First is the breakfast. Great selection and their always seemed to be something to find. Second is the onsen. A nice place to relax at the end of the day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business